BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW M5 F90 (2018+) General Forums Engine, Exhaust, Drivetrain, Tuning Modifications    Reducing exhaust pops & bangs

08-25-2023, 07:00 AM   #1
NCRob
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2021 BMW M5C

Reducing exhaust pops & bangs

I have MPE with secondary catless.

Yes, I know depressing the green exhaust button does the trick but I like the overall sound better with it activated, fine with moderate burbles, just not always a fan of the gunshots I sometimes get when letting off throttle in Sports Plus D2/3. Would Bimmercode or similar be a solution?

Wanting to have my cake and eat it too here. . .
Appreciate 0
      09-01-2023, 02:58 AM   #2
damianwo
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2023 M5C

I would love to get rid of pops and bangs completely as well. The exhaust is suppose to sound loud on WOT not the other way around.
Appreciate 0
      09-01-2023, 08:36 AM   #3
bxdinster
Private
Rep
Drives: 2020 M5 comp 2009 135i

seriously running sport instead of sport plus doesnt give you what you want? besides that closing off the valves which your not a fan of since it disables ASD. Maybe you can contact Mlyfe or these tuners and run the x5m software (my friend owns one and that car does not back fire under any circumstances)
Appreciate 0
      09-02-2023, 07:10 AM   #4
NCRob
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2021 BMW M5C

Quote:
Originally Posted by bxdinster View Post
seriously running sport instead of sport plus doesnt give you what you want? besides that closing off the valves which your not a fan of since it disables ASD. Maybe you can contact Mlyfe or these tuners and run the x5m software (my friend owns one and that car does not back fire under any circumstances)
Well, I’m embarrassed to say, I never thought about dropping down to Sport instead of plus! Not sure what else I lose with that like maybe throttle response (?) but I’ll check it out. No valves on MPE though!
All first world problems anyway
Appreciate 2