BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW M5 F90 (2018+) General Forums Engine, Exhaust, Drivetrain, Tuning Modifications    Upgraded oil cooler?

08-19-2023, 04:42 PM   #45
shawnhayes
Major
Rep
Drives: 22M5 CS,23X5E,24M3 CS,24 i4

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbonsalb View Post
The track offers the driving conditions where improvements should be seen if there are any. ShawnHayes has extensively tracked 2 of these M5 and has not found any need to change engine oil/coolant or intercooler cooling. I do knot recall whether he has datalogs. There probably is room for improvement under extreme conditions like the track.
Our friend here is probably producing more power than I. Even in my M5 CS. I have done ZERO upgraded power. My twenty year experience has shown me that the MINUTE you upgrade anything but brakes, tires and wheels, you immediate find the weak spot.

I have (and can) already tell you that the cooling on the M5 at full tilt boogie is JUST enough. The left front tire gets heated by the cooler in front of it. That’s a little sketch.

That being said, these cars are EXCELLENT on the track, but heat, brakes, and tires are at the edge of what’s physically possible with a car this heavy and powerful.

I think our OP is onto something. And upgraded oil and antifreeze cooler is in order for any car hitting the track in the middle of summer. Can’t hurt, that’s for durn sure

Shawn
Appreciate 0