BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW M5 F90 (2018+) General Forums F90 M5 General Forum    Picking up new M5 tomorrow.

10-13-2020, 07:55 AM   #111
brainblade
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2016 x5m

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belugs View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverik259 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by brainblade View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by walt814 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by YanoM5 View Post
Ah 32 makes sense now. Our members are savvy just because you put a price doesn't mean you have to pay for it, hence the OBO. Don't you understand the concept of OBO .

I was not trying to rip off the members when I did a search for F90 OEM that's the price I saw so I started there and put OBO.

Oh and the grilles are sold so thanks for the bumps GRANDPA .
With all due respect, I don't understand why you would call maverik259 a grandpa. Like I don't believe that should be an insult. At the end of the day, this whole community is about all of us loving cars, especially bimmers, so why come at someone for doing something to their car and calling that modification ugly? It makes no sense.

I get it that everyone is entitled to an opinion but honestly, if you have nothing nice to say at all, just don't say anything. Constructive criticism will always be appreciated, but just saying something for the sake of being a troll or to make another person feel bad just isn't right.
The imposter looking fake tri color grill is awful. Congrats on your car
Curious What makes the M colors on an M car an imposter or fake? BMW slaps gaudy giant vinyl M color stripes all over there M cars but some custom pained grilles from IND is an "imposter" lol. Curiously curiouser.
What makes grill stripes from amazon and fake m badges an imposter? An imposter is a non m car with stickers , decals and cladding made to appear m and is not m. The easiest way is to throw on grill stripes. You can enjoy whatever is you wish. Just my opinion
So my M5 is an imposter for being...an M5? Gotcha sound logic.
Apparently you have zero understanding of logic. I'll repeat. An imposter is a non m car with grill stripes and fake badging. Why would you possibly conclude I was calling your car an imposter. Please forgive me for calling your grill stripes cheesy.
Lol God help me. you literally said they are imposter looking! Lol GTFO why come to my page just to say my painter IND grill looks like an imposter when it's on a damn M car. Seems like a waste of everyone's time.
Your car is an M5. No one can take that from you. And if you like the tri color grill, it's your taste and your M5 to do what you wish.

I think why they keep saying imposter is because a lot of non M car owners put the tri color on their BMW grills to fake the M car look. I have seen too many non M cars with the tri color grill that I wouldn't put it on real M car grill.

Beauty is in the eyes of the beholder tho. If you like it then don't hold back. Enjoy your ride.
I'll be very direct. Your car looks like it fell out of a pack of Velveeta. Throw a local motion sticker on each side and you'll really stick out
Appreciate 0
      10-16-2020, 12:05 PM   #112
Maverik259
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: F90 M5 / F15 50i

Garage List
2020 BMW M5  [10.00]
2014 X5 50i  [0.00]
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Ah 32 makes sense now. Our members are savvy just because you put a price doesn't mean you have to pay for it, hence the OBO. Don't you understand the concept of OBO .

I was not trying to rip off the members when I did a search for F90 OEM that's the price I saw so I started there and put OBO.

With all due respect, I don't understand why you would call maverik259 a grandpa. Like I don't believe that should be an insult. At the end of the day, this whole community is about all of us loving cars, especially bimmers, so why come at someone for doing something to their car and calling that modification ugly? It makes no sense.

I get it that everyone is entitled to an opinion but honestly, if you have nothing nice to say at all, just don't say anything. Constructive criticism will always be appreciated, but just saying something for the sake of being a troll or to make another person feel bad just isn't right.
Curious What makes the M colors on an M car an imposter or fake? BMW slaps gaudy giant vinyl M color stripes all over there M cars but some custom pained grilles from IND is an "imposter" lol. Curiously curiouser.
What makes grill stripes from amazon and fake m badges an imposter? An imposter is a non m car with stickers , decals and cladding made to appear m and is not m. The easiest way is to throw on grill stripes. You can enjoy whatever is you wish. Just my opinion
Apparently you have zero understanding of logic. I'll repeat. An imposter is a non m car with grill stripes and fake badging. Why would you possibly conclude I was calling your car an imposter. Please forgive me for calling your grill stripes cheesy.
Lol God help me. you literally said they are imposter looking! Lol GTFO why come to my page just to say my painter IND grill looks like an imposter when it's on a damn M car. Seems like a waste of everyone's time.
Your car is an M5. No one can take that from you. And if you like the tri color grill, it's your taste and your M5 to do what you wish.

I think why they keep saying imposter is because a lot of non M car owners put the tri color on their BMW grills to fake the M car look. I have seen too many non M cars with the tri color grill that I wouldn't put it on real M car grill.

Beauty is in the eyes of the beholder tho. If you like it then don't hold back. Enjoy your ride.
I'll be very direct. Your car looks like it fell out of a pack of Velveeta. Throw a local motion sticker on each side and you'll really stick out
Do you not have a day job? Or is your day job just posting random thoughts that pop into your head that make no sense. I get it you wouldn't put M stripes on your grill, just say it's not your taste and find another thread to confuse. I give you permission to Move on with your life. Velveeta box? Really? LMFAO.
'14 X5 50i (wife’s now)
Appreciate 0
      10-19-2020, 02:20 PM   #113
brainblade
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2016 x5m

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Do you not have a day job? Or is your day job just posting random thoughts that pop into your head that make no sense. I get it you wouldn't put M stripes on your grill, just say it's not your taste and find another thread to confuse. I give you permission to Move on with your life. Velveeta box? Really? LMFAO.
Thank you kindly. You seem to have the greater moral authority on life.
Appreciate 0
      05-19-2022, 02:26 PM   #114
Maverik259
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2020 BMW M5  [10.00]
2014 X5 50i  [0.00]
Been awhile so I figured It's time for some updates of some things to come.

Let's see, just hit 13k miles. Had my hood damaged by my dealer which required to get entirely repainted by their body shop. They did an ok job but after the third attempt at polishing I decided to pick up a Rupes orbital myself vice the rotary they kept using. Came out near perfect. Had them double bake it so I could have ppf put on my hood to prevent this from
Happening again and within a month I took a hefty rock to the hood and it chipped the ppf. Luckily it did not reach the paint!

1) added 12/5 FC spacers
2) added LCI tail lights
3) MP cf gas cap
4) Autotecknic cf oil cap
5) Blue coolant reservoir caps which I still need to install
6) I put on some cf side skirts I picked up from JB Speed. They were half the price of oem and top quality fitment. Solid cf, not an overlay like I was expecting.
7) just acquired a set of 789m and just picked them up from the powder coaters today. Got a set of black TPMS stems, some black valve covers, and just going to swap over my ind black rim floating center caps. Also picked up a set of FC Ti+ wheel stud conversion from IND.
9) euro convex side mirrors
10) almost forgot. Also had the resonator taken out and the mid pipe between the mufflers. Still waiting on my Dinan X pipe since July '21. Much better than stock.

To come:
1) next is new brake pads. The ACGs have started squealing after about 12k miles. Maybe I'll try the porterfields, EBC red, or the ones RG sport is pushing next.
2) also picked up a remote start kit from Eurostart. Need to find a good weekend to tackle that. Lot of repinning required so my back is gonna love me here soon.

Decided to get the 789m wrapped in 285/35 and 295/35 PS4S. Fingers crossed they're all the same designation it was a bit of a run around with discount tire as far as what product number corresponded to what style (K1/K2/N0/N0A/MO1/BMW/ and one for the genesis with the fancy laser etched 360 deg checker flag. Actually tried to get a full set of those cuz they look cool but no luck in the 295. I have tire rack coming to install them on Tuesday so will have pics then.

For now, Gotta get them out of the boxes and get a coat of Car Pro DLux and Gliss on them this weekend. Ended up having them coated Wet Black and had them put a clear coat powder on top. They turned out perfect.

Then Thursday I drop off with my Ceramic guy and have them give her a spring cleaning and ceramic top off. Haven't had one in two years so it's time.

Happy Thursday!
Attached Images

'14 X5 50i (wife’s now)
Appreciate 1
dweston40.50
      05-19-2022, 06:36 PM   #115
snowbimmer
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 M850 GC - Carbon Black

Garage List
2022 M850 GC  [10.00]
That's a purdy car right there. Yup.
Appreciate 1
Maverik2594140.00
      05-19-2022, 08:28 PM   #116
Maverik259
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2020 BMW M5  [10.00]
2014 X5 50i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowbimmer View Post
That's a purdy car right there. Yup.
Appreciate it! I'm loving DG more and more every day that goes by and I don't wash it haha. That plus ceramic and the spring rains just makes me chuckle. All I really have to watch out for is brake dust. But hopefully the skinny 789s will Help even with they.
'14 X5 50i (wife’s now)
Appreciate 0
      05-19-2022, 08:52 PM   #117
snowbimmer
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 M850 GC - Carbon Black

Garage List
2022 M850 GC  [10.00]
Quote:
Appreciate it! I'm loving DG more and more every day that goes by and I don't wash it haha. That plus ceramic and the spring rains just makes me chuckle. All I really have to watch out for is brake dust. But hopefully the skinny 789s will Help even with they.
Well, to be fair, I have to admit a fondness for Doningtons with black wheels. And, you're right - get ceramic on it and you don't have to wash it.
Name:  Car6 CP3.jpg
Views: 744
Size:  653.8 KB
Appreciate 1
Maverik2594140.00
      05-19-2022, 11:03 PM   #118
wesleyan92
Captain
Rep
Drives: M8 GC || M5 Comp || X7 40i

Garage List
2021 BMW X740i  [0.00]
2021 BMW M5  [0.00]
Sick car; the LCI rear lights make such a huge difference in making this car even more amazing.
      05-20-2022, 01:50 PM   #119
Maverik259
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2020 BMW M5  [10.00]
2014 X5 50i  [0.00]
Well these just arrived. Thank you IND!

With that said. Picked up a set of thr gold wrench caps but can't seem to get them to stick with the 3M supplied. May need to buy some of my own and try that. They also seem a bit looser than I expected.
Attached Images

'14 X5 50i (wife’s now)
Appreciate 0
      05-20-2022, 03:25 PM   #120
Jazz_V
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW M5 Competition

First of all, Thank you for your service. I really enjoyed reading through your journey of the changes you have made to your M5. It seems like a labour of love. Would you mind giving your thoughts/experiences on how difficult it was to changes the rear lights and where did you buy those lights from. I would like to do the same on my M5. Thank you again.
Appreciate 0
      05-20-2022, 06:13 PM   #121
Maverik259
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2020 BMW M5  [10.00]
2014 X5 50i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazz_V View Post
First of all, Thank you for your service. I really enjoyed reading through your journey of the changes you have made to your M5. It seems like a labour of love. Would you mind giving your thoughts/experiences on how difficult it was to changes the rear lights and where did you buy those lights from. I would like to do the same on my M5. Thank you again.
Appreciate it. I love what I do. Flying is a gift in itself. The lights were quite easy. Hardest part was finding a tool in my arsenal small enough to release the pins to do the pin swap. If I had the correct tool it would have been even easier. Great diy on here already exists.

I bought mine from dealer getbmwparts. I recommend this because it's well documented now that the driver side outer light is failing. I got mine replaced under warranty no questions asked because I had a receipt from bmw for the parts. Others aren't having such luck. And I paid the same if not less than what others are paying. Most seem to prefer the euro version with thin amber strip over us but they also require more work to install.
'14 X5 50i (wife’s now)
Appreciate 0
      05-22-2022, 08:17 AM   #122
selpo
Private
Rep
Drives: 2023 Cayenne GTS

Quote:

Let's see, just hit 13k miles. Had my hood damaged by my dealer which required to get entirely repainted by their body shop. They did an ok job but after the third attempt at polishing I decided to pick up a Rupes orbital myself vice the rotary they kept using. Came out near perfect. Had them double bake it so I could have ppf put on my hood to prevent this from
Happening again and within a month I took a hefty rock to the hood and it chipped the ppf. Luckily it did not reach the paint!

1) added 12/5 FC spacers
2) added LCI tail lights
3) MP cf gas cap
6) I put on some cf side skirts I picked up from JB Speed. They were half the price of oem and top quality fitment. Solid cf, not an overlay like I was expecting.
7) just acquired a set of 789m and just picked them up from the powder coaters today. Got a set of black TPMS stems, some black valve covers, and just going to swap over my ind black rim floating center caps. Also picked up a set of FC Ti+ wheel stud conversion from IND.
10) almost forgot. Also had the resonator taken out and the mid pipe between the mufflers. Still waiting on my Dinan X pipe since July '21. Much better than stock.

To come:
1) next is new brake pads. The ACGs have started squealing after about 12k miles. Maybe I'll try the porterfields, EBC red, or the ones RG sport is pushing next.
2) also picked up a remote start kit from Eurostart. Need to find a good weekend to tackle that. Lot of repinning required so my back is gonna love me here soon.

Decided to get the 789m wrapped in 285/35 and 295/35 PS4S. Fingers crossed they're all the same designation it was a bit of a run around with discount tire as far as what product number corresponded to what style (K1/K2/N0/N0A/MO1/BMW/ and one for the genesis with the fancy laser etched 360 deg checker flag. Actually tried to get a full set of those cuz they look cool but no luck in the 295. I have tire rack coming to install them on Tuesday so will have pics then.

For now, Gotta get them out of the boxes and get a coat of Car Pro DLux and Gliss on them this weekend. Ended up having them coated Wet Black and had them put a clear coat powder on top. They turned out perfect.

Then Thursday I drop off with my Ceramic guy and have them give her a spring cleaning and ceramic top off. Haven't had one in two years so it's time.

Happy Thursday!

Nicely done! Love the LCI taillights. I have 13 months to go on my lease and starting to look at replacement options, realized M5 is too much car for me!
Appreciate 0
      05-22-2022, 10:08 PM   #123
Maverik259
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2020 BMW M5  [10.00]
2014 X5 50i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by selpo View Post
Quote:

1) added 12/5 FC spacers
2) added LCI tail lights
3) MP cf gas cap

To come:

Happy Thursday!

Nicely done! Love the LCI taillights. I have 13 months to go on my lease and starting to look at replacement options, realized M5 is too much car for me!
That's about exactly what I have left. I'm definitely going to buy it out given the market and how much I expect to be in the black on her come lease end. Then I guess I'll just have to see what's available and if a change makes sense. I wouldn't mind giving a G80 a try as long as I can find one with the right specs. Lord knows I won't be able to have one built like I'd prefer. Deals are awful now.

One can only hope they get a little better next year but given no one in govt can figure out what inflation actually is and how to curb it, I doubt the end is anywhere in sight.
'14 X5 50i (wife’s now)
Appreciate 1
snowbimmer5019.00
      05-24-2022, 04:24 PM   #124
Maverik259
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2020 BMW M5  [10.00]
2014 X5 50i  [0.00]
Tire rack came by and installed my 285/295 on my rims.
Attached Images

'14 X5 50i (wife’s now)
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2022, 05:57 PM   #125
Maverik259
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2020 BMW M5  [10.00]
2014 X5 50i  [0.00]
Honestly not sure why these weren't specced with 285/295. They look so much better on the rim and fill out the wheel well.
'14 X5 50i (wife’s now)
Appreciate 0
      06-03-2022, 03:43 AM   #126
EM5C
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 M5 Competition

Garage List
As a fellow DG M5 owner, well done on the car!! That thing is sick.
Appreciate 0
      06-03-2022, 07:47 AM   #127
Maverik259
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2020 BMW M5  [10.00]
2014 X5 50i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by EM5C View Post
As a fellow DG M5 owner, well done on the car!! That thing is sick.
Appreciate it! It's been a long road. Wheels and studs go on tonight.

I've read a few places to let the loctice cure for 24hrs but IND doesn't say to do that in their directions. They also didn't include the loctite so i'll be sourcing that from the local box store after work today.
'14 X5 50i (wife’s now)
Appreciate 0
      06-04-2022, 12:01 AM   #128
Maverik259
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2020 BMW M5  [10.00]
2014 X5 50i  [0.00]
Got the studs put in. Pretty straight forward. IND failed to include the loctite and I had to spend 30 min researching all the different kinds because the one they include couldn't be sourced locally and I didn't want to wait to order it. Ended up going with 271 which actually is recommended for wheels studs according to Loctite themselves, couldn't really see why they recommend 262.

My driver side front present some issues. The studs wouldn't thread at all. Ended up having to use the 2 nuts and somewhat force them a bit. Just odd that it was every singe stud on the front hub. Passenger side was a breeze.

Oh well. Curing now till tomorrow night. Gonna spend better part of tomorrow cleaning and coating the 789s and then installing them. Sunday will be my first ride.
Attached Images

'14 X5 50i (wife’s now)
Appreciate 0
      06-06-2022, 09:14 PM   #129
Maverik259
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2020 BMW M5  [10.00]
2014 X5 50i  [0.00]
Finally finished cleaning and coating with DLUX and Gliss. Took longer than i expected and my hands took a beating. Hopefully DLUX pays off in the long wrong given how much thicker it is that what I used on my 706s. But that seems to have already worn off.

Some initial photos in the garage. Not super happy with the powder coat job but Nothing that can be seen from afar so not terribly worried to want it redone etc.

As a reminder I am running 12/5mm spacers so the 285/295 seem perfect for me with oem wheel offsets.

PS. I know some may not like the raw metal look of the lug nuts with all the blacked out items…and I was conflicted at first. I knew I would either hate it or love it. And now that they're on….I really love the pop. And I love that they don't stick out but are flush with the wheels. It certainly took a bit of research on my part to find out what size stud would work and I was real nervous going with 80mm given I only had 5mm spacers at the rear but they came out perfect.
Attached Images

'14 X5 50i (wife’s now)
Appreciate 1
somer950.50
      06-07-2022, 11:06 AM   #130
Maverik259
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2020 BMW M5  [10.00]
2014 X5 50i  [0.00]
Just an update. I had some issues configuring my TPMS on the way to work. Couldn't find an option to "recalibrate" the system. It just showed green and only option was to change tire type and size and save. No option to "recalibrate" like i have on my X5. They were clearly still seeing my 706m in the garage based on temps and pressure being the same and not moving after about 10 min of driving. Then all of a sudden they all changed at once and my PSI shot through the roof. I was hitting 50 PSI by the time i got to work. my guess is the installer put in 45 psi vice 35 psi which is what i asked for. I'll have to check them when i get home.

So bottom line is no calibration was needed. Just needed to start driving and it would figure it out. Assume the ones in my 706m will turn off after sitting for awhile. I think they're initiated by motion if i recall.
'14 X5 50i (wife’s now)
Appreciate 0
      06-07-2022, 02:07 PM   #131
Maverik259
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2020 BMW M5  [10.00]
2014 X5 50i  [0.00]
Picked up one of these. Wanted to know what kind of boost I was seeing during different settings on my RC. And I also have a problem with missing for no reason.

https://www.p3cars.com/bmw/p3-v3-obd...3x-gauge-2019/
Attached Images

'14 X5 50i (wife’s now)
Appreciate 0
      06-08-2022, 10:57 AM   #132
Maverik259
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2020 BMW M5  [10.00]
2014 X5 50i  [0.00]
Some teaser photos. Gonna post a DIY post just because. Hardest part was figuring out how to remove the vent and the darn side cover panel would not come out. Took a lot of muscle. Damn strong clips. Mostly I think it was the angle I was pulling. But got it eventually.
Attached Images

'14 X5 50i (wife’s now)
Appreciate 0