BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW M5 F90 (2018+) General Forums Cosmetic Modifications    IND vs. JBSPEED CF Grill

05-09-2020, 05:13 PM   #1
MDJAK
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2020 M5

IND vs. JBSPEED CF Grill

So I hemmed and hawed over both offerings. JBSpeed being way cheaper. But I didn’t see the 3 painted stripes on the JBSPEED CF replacement grill, only on gloss black plastic on their website and I wanted the CF.

I also feel most times you get what you pay for and if IND is so much more expensive, it should be higher quality.

I ordered the CF grills from IND with the painted stripes and with ceramic coating. That came to about $945.

The grills arrived very quickly and are beautiful. The carbon fiber looks deep and has a great shine to it. The stripes begin on the rightmost vertical bars whereas they begin on the second from right on JBSpeed. Note IND does not show what the painted bars look like.

By placing them on the rightmost bars, it’s both hidden and smaller in comparison. Some may like that. Some may thing the painted bars are ridiculous. Everyone is entitled to their opinion and likes and dislikes.

Overall I like them.

Keep in mind if you are contemplating it, it’s not as easy to remove the OEM grills as shown on their video. While the top clips are easily pressed down to free the top of grill, the bottom is also held in with multiple clips and some broke in place, meaning came off the grills and lodged in the bottom above the bumper. They are easily pulled out, but just FYI.

Last edited by MDJAK; 05-15-2020 at 08:11 PM.. Reason: pics
Appreciate 2
      05-10-2020, 04:26 AM   #2
ResidualJinx
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2018 BMW M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDJAK View Post
So I hemmed and hawed over both offerings. JBSpeed being way cheaper. But I didn't see the 3 painted stripes on the JBSPEED CF replacement grill, only on gloss black plastic on their website and I wanted the CF.

I also feel most times you get what you pay for and if IND is so much more expensive, it should be higher quality.

I ordered the CF grills from IND with the painted stripes and with ceramic coating. That came to about $945.

The grills arrived very quickly and are beautiful. The carbon fiber looks deep and has a great shine to it. The stripes begin on the rightmost vertical bars whereas they begin on the second from right on JBSpeed. Note IND does not show what the painted bars look like.

By placing them on the rightmost bars, it's both hidden and smaller in comparison. Some may like that. Some may thing the painted bars are ridiculous. Everyone is entitled to their opinion and likes and dislikes.

Overall I like them.

Keep in mind if you are contemplating it, it's not as easy to remove the OEM grills as shown on their video. While the top clips are easily pressed down to free the top of grill, the bottom is also held in with multiple clips and some broke in place, meaning came off the grills and lodged in the bottom above the bumper. They are easily pulled out, but just FYI.
Pictures or it didn't happen lol
Appreciate 0
      05-10-2020, 10:41 PM   #3
Wrighterjw10
Private
Rep
Drives: F90 M5, G05 M50i

Quote:
So I hemmed and hawed over both offerings. JBSpeed being way cheaper. But I didn’t see the 3 painted stripes on the JBSPEED CF replacement grill, only on gloss black plastic on their website and I wanted the CF.

By placing them on the rightmost bars, it’s both hidden and smaller in comparison. Some may like that. Some may thing the painted bars are ridiculous. Everyone is entitled to their opinion and likes and dislikes.

Overall I like them.

Keep in mind if you are contemplating it, it’s not as easy to remove the OEM grills as shown on their video. While the top clips are easily pressed down to free the top of grill, the bottom is also held in with multiple clips and some broke in place, meaning came off the grills and lodged in the bottom above the bumper. They are easily pulled out, but just FYI.
Just to clarify, your OEM grille had broken lower clips when you removed them? You’re saying Once they were already broke , it was easy to remove the broken pieces?

Just trying to get a feel. About to pull the trigger too on IND.

Did the same on my X5, but I didn’t care about the oem part and pulled the grille out easily. Plastic clips broke, but it took about 2 min total.
Appreciate 0
      05-15-2020, 07:26 PM   #4
MDJAK
Private First Class
Rep

No, they weren’t broken until I removed them. That’s when a few of the bottom clips broke. I’ll take a pic.
Appreciate 0
      05-15-2020, 08:12 PM   #5
MDJAK
Private First Class
Rep

pics placed in post 1
Appreciate 0
      05-15-2020, 08:24 PM   #6
MDJAK
Private First Class
Rep

Appreciate 0
      05-22-2020, 01:03 PM   #7
TrevorM3
Banned
Rep
Drives: 6.3 AMG

945 for two grills.
LOL
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2020, 12:01 PM   #8
wanesso
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '08 e92 M3, no mods,no probs

Garage List
2008 BMW M3  [0.00]
2017 GT-R  [0.00]
2015 BMW i8  [0.00]
I'll try the JBSpeed option, car is leased...
Appreciate 0
      06-03-2020, 11:22 AM   #9
MDJAK
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanesso View Post
You’ll have to change what’s written under your avatar. No mods no probs.
Appreciate 0
      06-03-2020, 11:30 AM   #10
wanesso
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '08 e92 M3, no mods,no probs

Garage List
2008 BMW M3  [0.00]
2017 GT-R  [0.00]
2015 BMW i8  [0.00]
Quote:
Quote:
You’ll have to change what’s written under your avatar. No mods no probs.
Quote:
Quote:
You'll have to change what's written under your avatar. No mods no probs.
Yep, that was the M3, never modded and wish I still had it...I'll have to update my garage
Appreciate 0