BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW M5 F90 (2018+) General Forums F90 M5 Pricing, Ordering, Tracking, and European Delivery    No individual options?

02-16-2023, 05:02 PM   #1
5_chill
Private
Rep
Drives: M3 Comp XDrive, M5 Comp

No individual options?

When I ordered my M5 comp in January 2023, my dealership told me that BMW isn't accepting orders with Individual options. I wanted the Full leather option.

Did they lie to me, or could this be true?
Appreciate 1
micvite1540.00
      02-16-2023, 05:04 PM   #2
micvite
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2009 mazda RX8

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5_chill View Post
When I ordered my M5 comp in January 2023, my dealership told me that BMW isn't accepting orders with Individual options. I wanted the Full leather option.

They lied. You had until end of January to mid Feb to do individual orders but they had to be requested and approved as always. Full leather isn't an individual option anyway unless you wanted tartufo or smoke white and even then those are considered half individual options. If you're not locked into a contract I can check to see if my dealer still has a car that's being built that can be modified or if they can place an order for you if you're interested.
Appreciate 0
      02-16-2023, 05:07 PM   #3
micvite
Colonel
Rep

Quote:

Looking at your other post with the time-line that's a car your dealer had already in the order bank and bmw probably locked them out of a lot of the modifications available since it was that close to production (typically people wait a few months before the car goes into scheduled for production) which is why they probably said that. That being said just getting full merino leather in an available color other than tartufo or smoke white shouldn't have been an issue as far as I know, but I could be wrong since I've never seen a car get changed literally days before production.
Appreciate 2
      02-16-2023, 05:17 PM   #4
5_chill
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by micvite View Post
They lied. You had until end of January to mid Feb to do individual orders but they had to be requested and approved as always. Full leather isn't an individual option anyway unless you wanted tartufo or smoke white and even then those are considered half individual options. If you're not locked into a contract I can check to see if my dealer still has a car that's being built that can be modified or if they can place an order for you if you're interested.

Thank you. I want the car, but now I don't want to buy the car from them for not being up front with me. Had they told me that one was locked in and these are the options, I would've been cool with it. There's another dealership nearby with an allocation. I put down a deposit on it and they were able to select the Tartufo. I just didn't know if it would get kicked back based on what dealer-1 told me.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      02-16-2023, 05:27 PM   #5
micvite
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Thank you. I want the car, but now I don't want to buy the car from them for not being up front with me. Had they told me that one was locked in and these are the options, I would've been cool with it. There's another dealership nearby with an allocation. I put down a deposit on it and they were able to select the Tartufo. I just didn't know if it would get kicked back based on what dealer-1 told me.
It's quite possible that it might since you're cutting it REALLY close lol. I'd ask them exactly what the status of the car is, once it goes into 111 status that means bmw germany accepted it, 47 means bmw NA got the order its in the order bank (basically means 50/50 if you're getting the car at this point with the individual options) 97 means they sent the order to Germany. 102 means it's a special order car and has no production date (what mine was in, basically limbo), 105 means sorry were not making m5s anymore, and 87 means you have a prod week but still no clue if you're getting the individual stuff or they're gonna tell you to take it off.

Edit: saw you already have a prod nr so you're on the right track, means it's not 47 so quite possible you're in 111 status which is ideal
Appreciate 1
5_chill72.50
      02-16-2023, 05:29 PM   #6
ElectroGeek
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: X5 G05 50i

I wish I would have thought about individual color.. is Tartufo Full leather? Or is it a hidden add on that the dealer has to request? My order is still open to change as of this morning so if I'm missing something it would be good to know.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      02-16-2023, 05:58 PM   #7
5_chill
Private
Rep

Tartufo isn’t hidden.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      02-16-2023, 05:59 PM   #8
5_chill
Private
Rep

Quote:
It's quite possible that it might since you're cutting it REALLY close lol. I'd ask them exactly what the status of the car is, once it goes into 111 status that means bmw germany accepted it, 47 means bmw NA got the order its in the order bank (basically means 50/50 if you're getting the car at this point with the individual options) 97 means they sent the order to Germany. 102 means it's a special order car and has no production date (what mine was in, basically limbo), 105 means sorry were not making m5s anymore, and 87 means you have a prod week but still no clue if you're getting the individual stuff or they're gonna tell you to take it off.

Edit: saw you already have a prod nr so you're on the right track, means it's not 47 so quite possible you're in 111 status which is ideal

I just called the bmw genius number. They gave me a code of 112. As of now, it goes into Prod in week 8. I may let the first one go.
Appreciate 0
      02-16-2023, 06:01 PM   #9
micvite
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
I just called the bmw genius number. They gave me a code of 112
Oh that means it's scheduled for production already so it's locked in good to go. You'll see your car in approx 2-3 months. Just go on the online tracker make sure all the options you want are on there cuz it's likely to lock and be unable to be changed soon if it already hasn't.
Appreciate 1
5_chill72.50
      02-16-2023, 06:03 PM   #10
5_chill
Private
Rep

Quote:
Oh that means it's scheduled for production already so it's locked in good to go. You'll see your car in approx 2-3 months. Just go on the online tracker make sure all the options you want are on there cuz it's likely to lock and be unable to be changed soon if it already hasn't.

There are some carbon fiber additions that I don’t want. I just sent a screenshot to my sales guy at the dealership to remove them. He did send me the build sheet last week, and they didn’t show on there. I want to make sure tho, because I don’t want them and don’t want to pay for them.
Appreciate 0
      02-16-2023, 06:06 PM   #11
5_chill
Private
Rep

I just want the Bowers, and M Drivers in that particular section.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      02-16-2023, 06:13 PM   #12
logicators
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M5

Quote:
Just curious: why would one want to pay for M Driver’s? Do you plan to drive on a track and exceed 155 MPH? I paid for it because I bought my car off the lot and it had everything else I wanted. But could have happily saved those 2500 if possible
Appreciate 1
5_chill72.50
      02-16-2023, 06:20 PM   #13
micvite
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
There are some carbon fiber additions that I don’t want. I just sent a screenshot to my sales guy at the dealership to remove them. He did send me the build sheet last week, and they didn’t show on there. I want to make sure tho, because I don’t want them and don’t want to pay for them.
Yeah they probably just spelled it out that way from before either someone else's order or just for lot inventory. Those can be removed or added up until the car arrives at the port in the usa so no rush on that. Just make sure it says tartufo and you should be good.
Appreciate 1
5_chill72.50
      02-16-2023, 06:22 PM   #14
5_chill
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by logicators View Post
Just curious: why would one want to pay for M Driver’s? Do you plan to drive on a track and exceed 155 MPH? I paid for it because I bought my car off the lot and it had everything else I wanted. But could have happily saved those 2500 if possible
That’s true. I just texted my sales guy requesting it be removed.
Appreciate 1
micvite1540.00
      02-16-2023, 06:23 PM   #15
5_chill
Private
Rep

Quote:
Yeah they probably just spelled it out that way from before either someone else's order or just for lot inventory. Those can be removed or added up until the car arrives at the port in the usa so no rush on that. Just make sure it says tartufo and you should be good.
Thank you for all the great info. I’m definitely gonna keep an eye on it.
Appreciate 1
micvite1540.00
      02-16-2023, 06:24 PM   #16
micvite
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
I don't see m drivers package there unless I'm blind which is likely since I don't have my contacts in, but you might not be able to get it added at this point in the build so I'd get on their asses about it in case you still can before it's too late.
Appreciate 1
5_chill72.50
      02-16-2023, 06:25 PM   #17
micvite
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by logicators View Post
Well you also get a credit to go beat up one of bmws cars on a track (a 1550 voucher) and there's plenty of places in Mexico where you can exceed 155. Or say you do eventually want to take it to a track do you really want to tune it to get rid of the limiter?
Appreciate 2
5_chill72.50
Namelss767.50
      02-16-2023, 06:27 PM   #18
5_chill
Private
Rep

Quote:
I don't see m drivers package there unless I'm blind which is likely since I don't have my contacts in, but you might not be able to get it added at this point in the build so I'd get on their asses about it in case you still can before it's too late.
I’ll most likely not use that feature. It was on the build sheet that the sales guy sent me. It’s not on the site tho. I did just ask home to remove it. It’s a 13mph increase to 168, which I most likely won’t use. Lol.
Appreciate 0
      02-16-2023, 06:29 PM   #19
5_chill
Private
Rep

Quote:
Well you also get a credit to go beat up one of bmws cars on a track (a 1550 voucher) and there's plenty of places in Mexico where you can exceed 155. Or say you do eventually want to take it to a track do you really want to tune it to get rid of the limiter?

Tuning is should take it above 168? No
Appreciate 0
      02-16-2023, 06:33 PM   #20
micvite
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
I’ll most likely not use that feature. It was on the build sheet that the sales guy sent me. It’s not on the site tho. I did just ask home to remove it. It’s a 13mph increase to 168, which I most likely won’t use. Lol.
Uhm it's an increase to 190 mph from 155. So quite a bit useful lol. Where did you hear it was 13 mph increase? And yes a tune can remove the limiter (once we get the capability to Crack the dmes on 2023 models of we will get them to do it lol, which might not be for a while and even then you'd still be limited to around 196 I believe since the transmission has its own limiter that can't be removed last time I checked)

Plus the voucher to use at one of bmws schools worldwide. https://www.bmw-m.com/en/fastlane/dr...s-package.html
Appreciate 1
5_chill72.50
      02-16-2023, 06:36 PM   #21
logicators
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M5

Quote:
Never taking my M5 to Mexico from Northeast Yes I am aware of the track day and plan to use it since I already paid for it, but could have done without.
Appreciate 1
micvite1540.00
      02-16-2023, 06:37 PM   #22
5_chill
Private
Rep

Quote:
Uhm it's an increase to 190 mph from 155. So quite a bit useful lol. Where did you hear it was 13 mph increase? And yes a tune can remove the limiter (once we get the capability to Crack the dmes on 2023 models of we will get them to do it lol, which might not be for a while and even then you'd still be limited to around 196 I believe since the transmission has its own limiter that can't be removed last time I checked)

Plus the voucher to use at one of bmws schools worldwide. https://www.bmw-m.com/en/fastlane/dr...s-package.html
I saw it on a website with false info. Lol
Appreciate 1
micvite1540.00