BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW M5 F90 (2018+) General Forums Engine, Exhaust, Drivetrain, Tuning Modifications    NEW RELEASE: Dinan Stage 1 S63(TU4) Performance Engine Software

03-08-2022, 12:24 PM   #67
lankymidget
Enlisted Member
Canada
Rep
Drives: F90 Comp

Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbonsalb View Post
Yes, everyone should know Steve Dinan sold the Dinan company years ago. The Dinan company still has his name, but Steve Dinan now runs a competing company called Carbahn, which presumably does have its own tuners on staff as he represented during the Steve Dinan Carbahn interview/podcast.

What is interesting and relevant and current is that the Dinan company that is active on this forum and that is selling a piggyback tune is just rebranding a Noelle tune even though it claims the piggyback tune as its own.
They have a piggyback that looks a lot like the RaceChip but they brand as their own which may or may not be 100% their own... but it's up to us if we choose to select this over RaceChip based on technical information or results posted along with any other brand preference one may have...

They have a flash tune (this thread) which may or may not be using Noelle's capability, again it's up to us if we choose to select this over other flash tunes based on technical information or results posted along with any other brand or warranty preference one may have...

Dinan imho doesn't have to explain who they partnered their R&D in whole or part with, as many in this and other industries re-use components, IP or even whole products and label them as their own and customers, again, may choose them over others based on the vendor preference or recorded results, just like here.
I mean BMW may or may not have a M performance exhaust that is 100% designed, built and tested by BMW or BMW's M division... but people will buy as its the BMW offered M performance exhaust

Anywho... each to their own and I'm happy to filter out these posts and just read about real-world experience and results of the products vs trying to figure out whether it was designed and built by Elon, Elizabeth Holmes or The Undertaker
      03-08-2022, 01:51 PM   #68
01001010 01001011
Rep
Drives: 300TE

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbonsalb View Post
Yes, everyone should know Steve Dinan sold the Dinan company years ago. The Dinan company still has his name, but Steve Dinan now runs a competing company called Carbahn, which presumably does have its own tuners on staff as he represented during the Steve Dinan Carbahn interview/podcast.

What is interesting and relevant and current is that the Dinan company that is active on this forum and that is selling a piggyback tune is just rebranding a Noelle tune even though it claims the piggyback tune as its own.
To be clear, Noelle would never offer a piggyback. The contract between Noelle and Dinan was for flash tune only, Noelle has nothing to do with anyone's piggybacks.
Appreciate 0
      03-08-2022, 02:46 PM   #69
pbonsalb
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 18 F90 M5, 99 E36 M3 Turbo

My error on writing piggyback with respect to the flash tune. Dinan’s piggyback may be a rebranded Racechip with or without some changes. And maybe Dinan had Noelle make some changes to the flash tune it rebranded as Dinan.
Appreciate 0
      03-08-2022, 03:01 PM   #70
lankymidget
Enlisted Member
Canada
Rep
Drives: F90 Comp

Quote:
Originally Posted by boost3dx View Post
Point is, in their marketing, they say "decades". From that agreement, that literally isn't true.
You're right. Sorry. 1979-2008 and then some time until now would not have been decades. Can't believe companies use other companies to help design, build, test and deliver stuff and call it their own effort for marketing purposes... must mean their products don't work

Gonna go think about this while sipping on my Kirkland Signature Bourbon

/sarc
      03-08-2022, 06:46 PM   #71
Danny D
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by lankymidget View Post
You're right. Sorry. 1979-2008 and then some time until now would not have been decades. Can't believe companies use other companies to help design, build, test and deliver stuff and call it their own effort for marketing purposes... must mean their products don't work

Gonna go think about this while sipping on my Kirkland Signature Bourbon

/sarc
you mean McDonalds potatoes are not special. And they could possibly come from the same farm,,, hmmmm.
So my power tools branded by Makita , Dewalt, Bosch, could all be using the same battery manufacture.
Appreciate 0
      03-08-2022, 07:51 PM   #72
pbonsalb
Lieutenant General
Rep

I think Dinan still makes some nice products for these cars even if they do rebrand some others. I like the turbo inlet tubes, the intake, the front monoballs, the rear toe links and the coilover conversion kit for the stock shocks.
Appreciate 0
      04-03-2022, 08:30 AM   #73
IBOOSTU
Captain
Rep
Drives: 19 M5 COMP/21 M5 COMP FROZEN

Will dinan tune work on my 21 comp ? Lci heard they didnt break em yet
Appreciate 0
      04-03-2022, 08:43 AM   #74
curtdeezy
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW M5C 2021 X5MC

Quote:
Originally Posted by IBOOSTU View Post
Not yet, anxiously awaiting as well. But I did flash my F90 comp…so far so good. Haven’t Dino’d yet, but you for sure can feel the difference.
Appreciate 0
      04-03-2022, 08:45 AM   #75
IBOOSTU
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by curtdeezy View Post
Quote:
Not yet, anxiously awaiting as well. But I did flash my F90 comp…so far so good. Haven’t Dino’d yet, but you for sure can feel the difference.
Sorry I'm not of a noon when it comes to tunes and flashing why did you get a flash ? Any benefits ? Is it detectable? Would you recommend me getting a flash ? Will I notice anything thanks ahead
Appreciate 0
      04-03-2022, 08:53 AM   #76
curtdeezy
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW M5C 2021 X5MC

Quote:
Sorry I'm not of a noon when it comes to tunes and flashing why did you get a flash ? Any benefits ? Is it detectable? Would you recommend me getting a flash ? Will I notice anything thanks ahead
This particular flash provides +130 WHP and +200 lb-ft of torque on pump gas….and I can feel it…..and yep you will notice…..and yep I recommend.

But what made it attractive to me is that with the flash the car remains under warranty, plus there are no other modifications needed to accommodate. Why did I get it? For the power gains.
Appreciate 1
      04-09-2022, 07:52 PM   #77
IBOOSTU
Captain
Rep

Quote:
This particular flash provides +130 WHP and +200 lb-ft of torque on pump gas….and I can feel it…..and yep you will notice…..and yep I recommend.

But what made it attractive to me is that with the flash the car remains under warranty, plus there are no other modifications needed to accommodate. Why did I get it? For the power gains.

what flash is this ? and you said you feel an improvement? so should i just get this flash then ? 200 trq is crazy off this flash?
i thought i was only flash or tune not both , sorry for being a noob lol
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2022, 08:19 PM   #78
nsanity
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW F90 M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by boost3dx View Post
Point is, in their marketing, they say "decades". From that agreement, that literally isn't true.
So I mean, Dinan (the person) has been building race motors for BMW Factory teams and others for decades...

Developing things for OE cars, where 99% of the barrier is decrypting/defeating software locks to actually edit tables is the problem - which is a different skillset entirely to editing tables, ignition timings etc.
Appreciate 0
      04-14-2022, 01:18 AM   #79
Rams01
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2020 F90 M5C

Quote:

People realize that these cars along with most modern performance cars Have the ability to count how many times its been flashed and is easily detected by the dealer?? Everything you do these days leaves a log behind. If the dealer suspects the flash/tune is the cause of the warranty claim they can try and deny it and give you hell while you convince them xyz has nothing to do with the pcm flash.
Appreciate 1
nsanity30.00
      04-14-2022, 07:12 AM   #80
pbonsalb
Lieutenant General
Rep

Which is why a few tuners match the factory warranty for their base 91 octane tunes.
Appreciate 0
      05-17-2022, 10:32 AM   #81
Hunter399
Major General
Rep
Drives: F90M5

Dinan_Engineering any news on the 2021+ flash?
Appreciate 0
      05-17-2022, 10:50 AM   #82
Dinan_Engineering
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Any BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter399 View Post
Dinan_Engineering any news on the 2021+ flash?
Nothing to speak of. Encryption is still being worked on.
Appreciate 0
      05-17-2022, 10:52 AM   #83
Hunter399
Major General
Rep
Drives: F90M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dinan_Engineering View Post
Nothing to speak of. Encryption is still being worked on.
Ok thanks for the update.
Appreciate 0
      05-27-2022, 09:08 AM   #84
Dinan_Engineering
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

E85 Support Added.

As some of you are aware upon release we were intending to also offer an E85 calibration. Unfortunately, at the time we couldn't get our E85 calibration to pass our internal emissions test protocols so was not able to offer it at the outset. However, I am pleased to say that that has now been rectified and the Stage 1 now offers an E85 calibration to go along with the other octanes (91, 93, 100 and 104).

I have updated the original post to include the updated information and charts but the short of it is it is now possible for you to enjoy maximum gains of 198-226 WHP / 190-207 lb-ft of torque on E85. No additional hardware required -- just the tune and E85.

It should be noted though that the E85 tune, especially with traction control off, is a handful and not for the faint of heart. If you are an adrenaline junkie though it may just be your cup of tea.

Also -- before the expected questions come in... yes, it is still a bench flash and still only applicable to 2018-2020 model years at present.

Name:  F9x_S63TU_Stage1_E85_Wheel_FLASH.jpg
Views: 492
Size:  215.3 KB
Name:  F9x_S63TU_COMP_Stage1_E85_Wheel_FLASH.jpg
Views: 479
Size:  214.3 KB
Appreciate 1
      05-27-2022, 03:14 PM   #85
F90Alan
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW M5 Competition

Quote:
As some of you are aware upon release we were intending to also offer an E85 calibration. Unfortunately, at the time we couldn't get our E85 calibration to pass our internal emissions test protocols so was not able to offer it at the outset. However, I am pleased to say that that has now been rectified and the Stage 1 now offers an E85 calibration to go along with the other octanes (91, 93, 100 and 104).

I have updated the original post to include the updated information and charts but the short of it is it is now possible for you to enjoy maximum gains of 198-226 WHP / 190-207 lb-ft of torque on E85. No additional hardware required -- just the tune and E85.

It should be noted though that the E85 tune, especially with traction control off, is a handful and not for the faint of heart. If you are an adrenaline junkie though it may just be your cup of tea.

Also -- before the expected questions come in... yes, it is still a bench flash and still only applicable to 2018-2020 model years at present.

Attachment 2893560
Attachment 2893561
So if you purchase the Dinan + tune. You would have to purchase the additional stage 1 tune to run E85?
Appreciate 0
      05-27-2022, 05:08 PM   #86
Dinan_Engineering
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by F90Alan View Post
Quote:

Attachment 2893560
Attachment 2893561
So if you purchase the Dinan + tune. You would have to purchase the additional stage 1 tune to run E85?
Dinan+ (factory matching warranty) only comes in the one flavor (91). If you want the E85 calibration you have to go the normal stage 1 which doesn't match the factory warranty. Ultimately with the warranty involved we can't guarantee, or prove, someone wont run 91 octane on an E85 file and destroy their motor leaving us holding the bag so to speak.
Appreciate 0
      05-27-2022, 05:17 PM   #87
F90Alan
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW M5 Competition

Got it thank you. In my state we have 93, im guessing it would be fine to run it with the 91 tune right?
Appreciate 0
      05-27-2022, 05:18 PM   #88
Dinan_Engineering
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Attachment 2893560
Attachment 2893561
Dinan+ (factory matching warranty) only comes in the one flavor (91). If you want the E85 calibration you have to go the normal stage 1 which doesn't match the factory warranty. Ultimately with the warranty involved we can't guarantee, or prove, someone wont run 91 octane on an E85 file and destroy their motor leaving us holding the bag so to speak.
Got it thank you. In my state we have 93, im guessing it would be fine to run it with the 91 tune right?
Yup.
Appreciate 1