BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW M5 F90 (2018+) General Forums F90 M5 General Forum    Car caught in flood - insurance wants to put in used/recycled engine

12-08-2020, 07:01 AM   #23
crypto
Rep
Drives: 2022 M5 CS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach550 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrighterjw10 View Post
Agree. I’m in insurance. These are two companies that won’t screw you over.

OP: I’ll post more thoughts when I get to a PC that are hopefully helpful.

You definitely get what you pay for, USAA has always quoted quite a bit higher than the other big ones like progressive or geico. I've been really happy with the way progressive has treated me but I haven't been in a multi-car collision, just road debris or random animals on the highway.
Really? I haven't done a quote in a while but hadn't seen anyone hold a candle to USAA in terms of pricing with similar coverage. Not only that but there roadside/towing/etc service is like a dollar a month with unlimited distance towing (state dependent). I know not everyone can signup for USAA and I'm not a corporate shill but would strongly recommend them. They're great.
Appreciate 0
      12-08-2020, 03:56 PM   #24
Wrighterjw10
Private
Rep
Drives: F90 M5, G05 M50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by crypto View Post
Really? I haven't done a quote in a while but hadn't seen anyone hold a candle to USAA in terms of pricing with similar coverage. Not only that but there roadside/towing/etc service is like a dollar a month with unlimited distance towing (state dependent). I know not everyone can signup for USAA and I'm not a corporate shill but would strongly recommend them. They're great.
In the past two years or so, Erie has done incredibly well against USAA. For a long time, they were neck and neck.

Just ask any body shop about these two carriers. They're the easiest to work with hands down, also have some of the most competitive pricing.

Many of the large carriers have endorsements for new, OEM parts that they aren't consistent in offering or telling clients about.
Appreciate 0
      12-16-2020, 07:22 AM   #25
wassy
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2018 Bmw M5

I am not eligible for USAA. I’ve priced progressive and others And somehow State Farm is far far less. I mean a lot. Thousands per year cheaper.

Current status is I’m paying about $5600 out of pocket for new engine vs recycled/used. I have no choice. Will have attorney handle trying to get it back once done.
Appreciate 1
'Cane8514.50