BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW M5 F90 (2018+) General Forums Wheels | Tires | Suspension | Brakes | Chassis    M Performance HAS

09-15-2021, 12:54 PM   #1
carseatsm5
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2020 M5

M Performance HAS

Very excited. r33_RGSport doing install Friday!

Let me know experiences, hopefully not all bad. I’m going OEM for the warranty.
Attached Images

Appreciate 3
MSX99.50
shawnhayes1816.00
r33_RGSport12803.00
      11-30-2021, 03:51 PM   #2
Tommyj
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: F90 Competition & Boxster 718S

Garage List
2019 X4M  [0.00]
2019 BMW XM  [0.00]
How are you finding the MP HAS kit, like you I’m keen to stay OEM
Appreciate 0
      12-01-2021, 06:12 PM   #3
neoprufrok
Private
Rep
Drives: 2021 M5 Comp

I just installed mine - will be doing a whole thread on my build. Good news is the ride and handling are not changed at all.

The good or bad news depending on who you talk to is the level of lowering. I am not looking to slam my car by any means - I have some difficult driveways to get up and over on the way to work. However, the back let's you go pretty low - but the front, mine is set at the lowest... and most people would not say it's lowered at all. It is lower by 3-5mm after settling - but it doesn't look that way sometimes. My buddies says it looks perfect and clearly lower, but it's not obvious.

That said I have an F90 Comp - and the HAS drop is based on a non-Comp so... its lower but not as much as a non-comp would look.
2018 Porsche Graphite Blue Metallic GT3 Touring Manthey Racing and Akrapovic
2018 BMW Yas Marina Blue M4 Competition Convertible
Appreciate 0
      12-01-2021, 07:00 PM   #4
carseatsm5
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2020 M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommyj View Post
How are you finding the MP HAS kit, like you I’m keen to stay OEM
Love it. Handling is better without ride being too harsh and car looks way better at the lowered height.
Attached Images

Appreciate 3
      01-20-2022, 09:08 PM   #5
TurboLlew
South Africa
Rep
Drives: BMW M5 (F90) | Alfa Romeo 4C

For anyone interested here is more info on the install:

I didn't go to the lowest settings but there is a lot more adjustment on both front and rear available should the need arise. South African roads present some very "variable" conditions. Personally I think this is a nice balance being the looks and being functional daily which is the whole point of an M5

In the limited time I've driven the car since installing this, the car has been more composed (much flatter when skirting the laws of physics as the F90 does), the steering feel has improved and there has been no loss of comfort on the roads I've driven on so far (there are a couple of speed bumps where the rear would bounce "one more time" than I would have liked - my F10 did the same - and that 'extra bounce' is now eliminated by this kit (as the ACS + Comp setup did for my F10).

It is up to you whether to replace the suspension bolts (These are NOT included in the kit and not all of them are single-use). When doing something like this you really should IMHO.

The kit adds collars and different springs, converting your stock EDC dampers to be height adjustable

Here are a few shots of the assembled units:

Post-installation, the ride height is measured, adjusted and then the car is aligned.

The tech recalibrates the steering sensor and adjusts the headlights as part of the installation

Hope someone finds this info helpful
Appreciate 3
G30 B581546.50
Tuner199.00