BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW M5 F90 (2018+) General Forums F90 M5 General Forum    Garage, F90, and previous M's

05-10-2019, 04:14 PM   #45
hybrid_eg
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 90 S13, 22 MSP, 23 JLUR 4xe

Quote:
Originally Posted by zuschnell View Post
My garage slopes towards the door and is about 124" at the wall and 128" near the door. How tall is your floor? My e90 is about 56" and the f90 is about 57". I have about 6" between the bottom of the lift and the roof of the car underneath. You May have more room in the center underneath the car on top as you won't have any horizontal bars that can hit the top of the car where the shark fin antenna sits. Also, despite your wheels hanging down due to the two post, that space under is where the car below is typically narrower and the wheels may not interfere much at all. You could also get a four post with sliding jacks, though they are a bit pricey. I have one so I can lift one end of the car to work on it.

Thanks for the info!! Where i placed the post i'm at 129" floor to ceiling, with 2 deg slope by the time garage door is reached more clearance is gained which unfortunately i cannot use. I've raised my garage door to the maximum so this way for storage purposes i can back the top car in and garage door will roll up right above the hood.

Car going on top is 49" tall and with wheel droop likely add another 8". Based on my calculations i'll have about 10-12" of clearance when F90 (daily) is parked below since arms holding the car are about 2-3" thick.

I really wanted a two post so i can freely work on cars with all wheels off.. plus this way it serves as a 4 car garage The only downside is that one post is sitting in the other bay so aesthetically its not optimal but at least drive approach is perfect.. otherwise it would have been a pain to pull in and center the vehicle if both posts where in single bay due to drop beam interference. Just wired 220 today so let's hope it all fits when i stack them up, lol

Last edited by hybrid_eg; 05-29-2019 at 02:28 PM..
Appreciate 0
      10-02-2020, 03:10 PM   #46
exVtekGuy
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: none yet

hello. i have a few questions.

1. what brand model 4 post are you using?
2. did you modify your garage door so it will pull all the way to the ceiling?
3. what brand model of garage door opener do you have??

tia!
Appreciate 0