BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW M5 F90 (2018+) General Forums Wheels | Tires | Suspension | Brakes | Chassis    Metal knocking noise from rear when going over speed bump

10-16-2022, 10:13 PM   #1
parky1215
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: F90 M5C | G06 X6 M60i

Metal knocking noise from rear when going over speed bump

I am not sure if this is something that I need to take my car in service, but I hear some noise from rear suspension area when going over the speed bump little bit faster than normal.

It sounds like some kind of metal going up and down and hitting something on the bottom. Sounds occurs the moment when rear wheels comes down from the speed bump. Last time I heard something similar is when I got Benz GLC SUV loaner and that car had exact same noise from rear.

Anyway, I do not hear any unusual suspension noise when driving the car on the street, so I am not super concerned, but just want to see if other M5 owners have similar experience.
By the way, this is happening on my brand new 2022 M5 Comp.
Appreciate 0
      10-19-2022, 03:38 AM   #2
GeniusAdam
BMW Genius
Ukraine
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by parky1215 View Post
I am not sure if this is something that I need to take my car in service, but I hear some noise from rear suspension area when going over the speed bump little bit faster than normal.

It sounds like some kind of metal going up and down and hitting something on the bottom. Sounds occurs the moment when rear wheels comes down from the speed bump. Last time I heard something similar is when I got Benz GLC SUV loaner and that car had exact same noise from rear.

Anyway, I do not hear any unusual suspension noise when driving the car on the street, so I am not super concerned, but just want to see if other M5 owners have similar experience.
By the way, this is happening on my brand new 2022 M5 Comp.
I had similiar issue with F82 M4, it turned out it was the brake pads. They were not seated properly in the calliper with the copper paste and were "banging" against the calliper. Every time you drove over a bump, you could hear a "klunk" sound.
Appreciate 0