BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW M5 F90 (2018+) General Forums Cosmetic Modifications    Various CF parts and Angle Cut Exhaust Tips

06-15-2020, 08:38 PM   #1
MDJAK
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2020 M5

Various CF parts and Angle Cut Exhaust Tips

The spoiler is from IND. If you haven't ordered from them, they wrap their stuff better than a nurse swaddles a newborn. It's a bit frustrating to remove the packing, but there's no way it can get damaged in shipping. They are an awesome company to deal with. I've bought a few things from them, including the CF grills with painted stripes which I've shown in another thread. Fast shipping, great communication, an asset to this forum.
The spoiler is high quality and fits from edge to edge perfectly.

The diffuser is from Mode Carbon. I had a good deal of trouble making it fit, so much so that I called Mode. I left a voicemail which was immediately answered by Sam. He called me back within a minute. He explained that I should have it professionally installed at a body shop and he would pay for it. While that was definitely standup of him, that should not be necessary. I arranged to meet him at his shop and he installed it for me. He was exactly on time. You can't get much better customer service than he provided. Unfortunately, the diffuser is quite expensive and should fit perfectly, or at least close. As you can see from the pic, the 2 outer holes on each side are not close to lining up. You'd have to take a chance on drilling it to make it work and I still don't think it would. Bottom line is unless you look under the vehicle you wouldn't know. The clips were very difficult to line up also but eventually he snapped in the last one. Future runs of this piece should be designed with better tolerances.

I think it looks great nonetheless.

Here are the misaligned holes:

Here is the finished product installed:
Appreciate 1
Jocko78103.50
      06-15-2020, 08:40 PM   #2
MDJAK
Private First Class
Rep

These are the exhaust tips from Burger: One has been ceramic coated next to one that's not yet been. Then a pic of the ceramic buffed in so it's not as shiny. Then, thanks to another member here, I knew to go to the hardware store to get shorter set screws so they don't stick out as far.

The one on the right is ceramic coated and then buffed:

All coated:

The shorter set screw next to what they supply.

Installed:

Last edited by MDJAK; 06-15-2020 at 08:45 PM..
Appreciate 1
Jocko78103.50
      06-15-2020, 08:50 PM   #3
MDJAK
Private First Class
Rep

IND CF GRILL: And the car after Ceramic Coating
Appreciate 0
      06-15-2020, 08:51 PM   #4
bMm5w
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2019 M5

A bit too aggressive for my taste, but it all looks and matches great. Well done.
Appreciate 0
      06-15-2020, 08:54 PM   #5
MDJAK
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyVegasMB View Post
A bit too aggressive for my taste, but it all looks and matches great. Well done.
I can't necessarily disagree with you, but it's certainly reversible if I tired of it. The changing of the tips literally takes ten minutes.

It takes longer to unwrap the IND merchandise.
Appreciate 1
Maverik2594133.00
      06-15-2020, 08:56 PM   #6
MDJAK
Private First Class
Rep

BTW, the black M5 trunk badge is also from IND. And just in case anyone is wondering, I have absolutely zero connection to them, other than a satisfied customer.
Appreciate 0
      06-16-2020, 10:46 AM   #7
IND-Distribution
BMW obsessed
United_States
Rep
Drives: G80 M3 / G82 M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDJAK View Post
The spoiler is from IND. If you haven't ordered from them, they wrap their stuff better than a nurse swaddles a newborn...
We've been told we're a bit obsessive when it comes to packing!

So glad you like the RKP trunk spoiler, grills, and emblem! The back-end certainly looks aggressive, but it all goes together great.
Jocko78103.50
      08-04-2020, 05:23 PM   #8
MDJAK
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by IND-Distribution View Post
We've been told we're a bit obsessive when it comes to packing!

So glad you like the RKP trunk spoiler, grills, and emblem! The back-end certainly looks aggressive, but it all goes together great.
Ty.
Appreciate 0
      09-21-2020, 12:58 AM   #9
The.M5
Private First Class
Abu Dhabi
Rep
Drives: M5 F90 2018

honestly i was thinking of that diffuser too, but i found it to be expensive. in addition, i really wont spend that much on a hard to fit diffuser also xd.

thanks for your honest review.
      02-11-2021, 05:08 PM   #10
MDJAK
Private First Class
Rep

Yep, I left the rear diffuser on the car when I traded it in. Also the black exhaust tips. Only thing I sold was the cf front grill.
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2021, 02:57 PM   #11
Jocko78
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: M5 / X3 M40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDJAK View Post
The spoiler is from IND. If you haven't ordered from them, they wrap their stuff better than a nurse swaddles a newborn. It's a bit frustrating to remove the packing, but there's no way it can get damaged in shipping. They are an awesome company to deal with. I've bought a few things from them, including the CF grills with painted stripes which I've shown in another thread. Fast shipping, great communication, an asset to this forum.
The spoiler is high quality and fits from edge to edge perfectly.

The diffuser is from Mode Carbon. I had a good deal of trouble making it fit, so much so that I called Mode. I left a voicemail which was immediately answered by Sam. He called me back within a minute. He explained that I should have it professionally installed at a body shop and he would pay for it. While that was definitely standup of him, that should not be necessary. I arranged to meet him at his shop and he installed it for me. He was exactly on time. You can't get much better customer service than he provided. Unfortunately, the diffuser is quite expensive and should fit perfectly, or at least close. As you can see from the pic, the 2 outer holes on each side are not close to lining up. You'd have to take a chance on drilling it to make it work and I still don't think it would. Bottom line is unless you look under the vehicle you wouldn't know. The clips were very difficult to line up also but eventually he snapped in the last one. Future runs of this piece should be designed with better tolerances.

I think it looks great nonetheless.

Here are the misaligned holes:

Here is the finished product installed:

That diffuser is no joke, very aggressive, love it. I have the RKP rear diffuser, aggressive as well but doesn't stick out like that.
Appreciate 0