THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum BMW 2 Series (F22) Forum BMW 2 Series Coupe and Cabriolet (F22/F23) General Forum Hit a curb :(

04-07-2018, 05:39 PM   #23
Rayscott
Major
Rep
Drives: BMW 228ix

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottSinger View Post
Is this what u put on? Can u tell me more about the installation?

https://www.alloygator.com/products/2/Sets/
Sorry for the late reply. I have a friend who works on BMW's and he installed mine. It is easier with a tire remover tool he has in his shop. The tire is inflated and the alloygator is installed between the tire and rim. Inflation locks the protector in place.There is a small plastic piece which covers the area where the cut is made and it is glued on and barely noticeable. I have had them for over a year. No rattles, they saved one rim and they offer various colors. I have orbit grey wheels and chose the black protectors. They blend in with the wheel nicely. Their customer service is fantastic. They emailed me a year later to follow up on how I like them. Hope this helps.
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2018, 05:48 PM   #24
overcoil
Major General
Rep
Drives: M235i 6spd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayscott View Post
Sorry for the late reply. I have a friend who works on BMW's and he installed mine. It is easier with a tire remover tool he has in his shop. The tire is inflated and the alloygator is installed between the tire and rim. Inflation locks the protector in place.There is a small plastic piece which covers the area where the cut is made and it is glued on and barely noticeable. I have had them for over a year. No rattles, they saved one rim and they offer various colors. I have orbit grey wheels and chose the black protectors. They blend in with the wheel nicely. Their customer service is fantastic. They emailed me a year later to follow up on how I like them. Hope this helps.
Thanks for the reply.
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2018, 06:54 PM   #25
Smallm
Old Member
Rep
Drives: 2015 M235i, Dinan stage 4

The only real damage is to your pride ....
Had the curb been drinking ?
Appreciate 0
      04-10-2018, 06:29 PM   #26
Rayscott
Major
Rep
Drives: BMW 228ix

Quote:
Originally Posted by SizzlerWA View Post
I got some curb rash from parallel parking. It happens. Never an at fault accident in 30+ years but I have tried to get a bit too close to the curb when parking.

Have you never scraped the front air scoop/fascia?
Over 100 cars and no curb rash or dings. Do you drive them. That is amazing. I am super careful but dings are the fault of others and I have had my share. I experienced scraping on the front of my S2000 air scoop. Nothing on the 228 yet.
Appreciate 0