BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW M5 F90 (2018+) General Forums Engine, Exhaust, Drivetrain, Tuning Modifications    Maximizing induction & exhaust sound without tuning

07-02-2022, 03:20 PM   #1
3er
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW M5 Competition

Maximizing induction & exhaust sound without tuning

Hey guys, I'm looking at options to increase both the induction and exhaust sound on my M5C. I'd love to hear from those that have experimented a bit and have suggestions on which option(s) best suits my requirements noted below.
  • No tuning required, priority to maintain my extended warranty
  • No drone, I commute on the highway and drive around the 70-90mph mark (where drone can be especially annoying). I really enjoy turning off the exhaust button when I want to relax and enjoy music
  • Would like the loudest induction noise, but conscious of value (e.g., if BMC filters & charcoal deletes get me 95% of the way or if a replacement air intake is worthwhile)
  • Not a fan of raspy exhausts
  • Really enjoy the OEM exhaust tone, but just want more of it

I'm currently thinking of the following setup, but very open to alternatives!
  • Dinan Resonator Delete
  • Dinan Exhaust
  • Secondaries (undecided on brand)
  • BMC air filters, charcoal delete
      07-02-2022, 09:59 PM   #2
Maverik259
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: F90 M5 / F15 50i

Garage List
2020 BMW M5  [10.00]
2014 X5 50i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3er View Post
Hey guys, I'm looking at options to increase both the induction and exhaust sound on my M5C. I'd love to hear from those that have experimented a bit and have suggestions on which option(s) best suits my requirements noted below.
  • No drone, I commute on the highway and drive around the 70-90mph mark (where drone can be especially annoying). I really enjoy turning off the exhaust button when I want to relax and enjoy music
  • Would like the loudest induction noise, but conscious of value (e.g., if BMC filters & charcoal deletes get me 95% of the way or if a replacement air intake is worthwhile)

• Dinan Resonator Delete
  • Dinan Exhaust
You're not gonna get the induction noise from bmc filters alone. Some sort of I take will be required but plenty of "cheap" options that aren't made of cf. bmc with the Dinan intake tubes may help.

Exhaust and x pipe good option but be prepeares to wait. I'm going on a year. A simple resonator delete and secondaries will add a good note all by themselves.

If you're doing an exhaust and just want a better note then secondaries is a bit overkill for the cost imo.
'14 X5 50i (wife’s now)
Appreciate 1
3er946.00
      07-05-2022, 10:10 AM   #3
Boosted_8
Captain
Rep
Drives: M550i

I found the sound uplift from fitting BMC drop ins and removing the intake foam (UK spec car) really quite surprising. With the windows down you can hear the turbo spool and recirculate quite clearly.
Appreciate 1
3er946.00
      07-05-2022, 01:34 PM   #4
boost3dx
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2022 M5 CS & 2022 X5M

Garage List
2022 BMW X5M  [0.00]
2022 BMW M5 CS  [10.00]
MPE is amazing. Plenty loud. No droning.

Just installed the Dinan intake and turbo inlets, and while it didn't have a crazy dramatic effect for me, I can definitely hear the turbo's spooling more. I think its a combination of the CS already had this sound for me and the MPE drowns out some of the noise since it's fairly loud.

I would recommend all three of these mods, they'll probably get you what you're looking for.
Appreciate 1
3er946.00
      07-05-2022, 03:17 PM   #5
916_M5
IG: @M5RCY_
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW F90 M5

Lots of induction noise!

Using FRONT mount intakes like Project Gamma's intakes. I have them on my 2018 F90 and LOVE THEM so much. SOOOO much whoooosh sounds from turbos on accelerations and shifts. Its MUSIC to my ears. THE BEST and easiest way to hear your turbos!
Appreciate 2
      07-07-2022, 11:53 AM   #6
eric97hoh
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 bmw m5

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3er View Post

• Dinan Resonator Delete
  • Dinan Exhaust
dinan intake or turbo filters are the nexyt play...

Previous BMW model 2018 bmw 340i FBO custom e50 tune 500 wheel
Appreciate 1
3er946.00