BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW M5 F90 (2018+) General Forums Wheels | Tires | Suspension | Brakes | Chassis    LCI Comp KW HAS

08-10-2022, 08:17 AM   #1
RS61
Private
Rep
Drives: Audi RS6

LCI Comp KW HAS

I'm about to upgrade my suspension on my 2021 LCI F90 M5 Competition - so far I've ordered the Hardrace adjustable camber arms and the Dinan ball joints, but now I need the main part which is the HAS springs. The KW website says their kit is only for the non-Comp so I emailed them and got the following back:

"We have removed the application fitment to the Competition model. Because this car comes with two different dampers versions. (damper diameters). So, on 50 % the HAS kit is working. You can measure the original damper if the front has the measurements as follows, you can use the kit #253200CC"

Anyone know anything about this, and have any tips on how I can work out whether my dampers match the requirements? I know that the LCI has the M8 dampers, so I'm guessing that's what they're referring to, but can't be sure and don't really want to buy the kit and then realise it won't fit.
Appreciate 0
      08-10-2022, 09:48 AM   #2
pbonsalb
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 18 F90 M5, 99 E36 M3 Turbo

Are you mechanically inclined enough to pull a wheel and use calipers?
Appreciate 0
      08-10-2022, 10:53 AM   #3
RS61
Private
Rep
Drives: Audi RS6

Followup from KW after I double checked if it was the LCI dampers:

"Unfortunately, is it regardless about pre-LCI and LCI model. The issue is that BMW randomly mixed the dampers all over the years. So, to be on the safe side, just measure the damper."

That's definitely the first time I hear that. I'm getting the tyres swapped shortly so the wheels are going to be coming off at the local place, but I don't have any calipers and I don't even know where to start with reading that chart and where to measure.
Appreciate 0