BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW M5 F90 (2018+) General Forums Wheels | Tires | Suspension | Brakes | Chassis    Bent rim, warped rotors, other?

07-15-2022, 08:36 PM   #1
skeemr4
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2019 M5 Competition

Bent rim, warped rotors, other?

Bought a pre-owned 2019 M5 Competition. Car has about 25,000 miles on it. Had 3 of the wheels refinished. Apparently 2 were bent, and they straightened them out. Once the refinishing was completed, all wheels were Hunter road force balanced.

Still having a weird sensation when driving on the highway. Above 40 MPH, getting a audible whirring sound and feels almost like the car has a limp. Almost like an unbalanced fan.

I don't have steering wheel shake or vibration. It just seems like something in the chassis is unbalanced.

Was thinking rotors could be warped, but I don't have any pulsing under braking, although the brakes do squeal incredibly loud when coming to a stop.

Bringing the car to BMW next week for a service. Any ideas on what I should ask them to look for?
Appreciate 0