BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW M5 F90 (2018+) General Forums Engine, Exhaust, Drivetrain, Tuning Modifications    Worst case scenario for JB4?

10-27-2019, 12:44 AM   #23
limeypride
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 M8 Competition GC

I tried Dinan twice. The first was an ECU tune, the second was a parasite for want of a better phrase--close to a piggyback I guess. Both were meh and I haven't been back since.

From there, I went to an early JB and was happy across numerous bimmers with the same transplanted box. I switched to Audi for a bit and used APR--that was a good tune, comparable to Burger; user-configurable via an app... but I experienced some objective, firsthand nightmares and switched car brands again. I used EuroCharged on my AMG (great power bump but zero user-/reasonable-configurability)--a great tune, though.

The JB4 is a great device and encompasses all the best characteristics you'd hope for in a tune.

Make sure you research your fuel's/car's limits before straying outside the recommended/stock maps but map 1 alone will have you grinning all the way home.
Appreciate 0
      11-30-2019, 06:57 PM   #24
F90BSM5
Private
Rep
Drives: 2018 F90 M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by AddyDaddy View Post
I have Geico and just last year took advantage of their GAP ins. I'm in Florida so maybe it varies state to state, but they paid the negative $12k equity I was upside down of what KB value was compared to what I owed when car got totaled.
Did you lose to someone so bad that you had to use Gap insurance? Lol
Appreciate 0
      12-01-2019, 10:46 AM   #25
Fuel-It!
Banned
Rep
Drives: M4, M5, M2C, X4M, 440i, etc...

Quote:
Originally Posted by F90BSM5 View Post
Did you lose to someone so bad that you had to use Gap insurance? Lol
Appreciate 0