BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW M5 F90 (2018+) General Forums F90 M5 vs...    Video: AMG GT 63 S vs. M5 Competition (Throttle House)

08-31-2019, 02:02 AM   #23
neonnblack
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 335i 6MT/e46 330xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by einscot View Post
as an exclusive MT only driver, can anyone explain to me why they were doing launch control but paddle shifting?? i thought LC was "step on the throttle and let the car wow you"
Because it's launch control. Not shift control.
Appreciate 1
hoyas490131.50
      08-31-2019, 03:27 PM   #24
phillycx
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2009 328i sedan

Garage List
2009 BMW 328i  [0.00]
2009 BMW 328i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by SocalDude View Post
The front grill of the AMG makes the car look like an old man in a weird way. MB design cues recently are either feminine or old man's car.
Agreed!! I thought I was the only one that picked up on this. There's no middle ground.
Appreciate 0
      09-01-2019, 10:19 AM   #25
Tari
Captain
Rep
Drives: MG M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by neonnblack View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by einscot View Post
as an exclusive MT only driver, can anyone explain to me why they were doing launch control but paddle shifting?? i thought LC was "step on the throttle and let the car wow you"
Because it's launch control. Not shift control.
Lmaooooo
Appreciate 0
      09-01-2019, 11:22 AM   #26
N & M
Captain
Rep
Drives: F90 M5

When you do things right.

The BMW M5 lives up to its heritage and original brief so I can’t go wrong can’t it?

The answer here as well as other publications is resoundingly yes. Owning this car keeps me faithful that the BMW drive ethos still exists.

Does that mean it is perfect? Nothing is perfect but if I could have all wishes comes true, I would address the interior engine note issue. Put your windows down and wonder why the sound that is piped in doesn’t sound the same.

I would also do something about the some of the more generic parts on the interior such as the rear compartment ambiance and details and the switchgear elements that look exactly the same as a 520. At least offer an option for those who want to set the car apart.

Overall though, I would all the same if it means the car drives the way that it does. It is that good.
Appreciate 0