BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW M5 F90 (2018+) General Forums Engine, Exhaust, Drivetrain, Tuning Modifications    F90 Downpipes

11-27-2019, 04:21 PM   #23
cream
Private
Rep
Drives: 19' BSM M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by isanube View Post
Has anyone run aftermarket downpipes on their F90 M5 (catted or decatted) without doing a tune? Was your mileage affected greatly or did the car run any CEL's? Trying to make my 2018 sound a bit louder but wanting to keep stock exhaust because local police department (VPD) is hunting down anything at all that isn't stock on local cars.
Are you speaking of VPD that is hunting down cars w/o cats or just based on the noise level? Whenever I drive into Vancouver I automatically close the valves on my exhaust to remove any bangs/pops and to tone down the noise or whenever I see them around, even their unmarked vehicles stick out like a sore thumb.

Currently running KP DP/MP combo with Akrapovic Evo exhaust and it's pretty loud. I haven't been pulled over yet (fingers crossed) but I did hear it's mostly the goofy-ass VPD pigs that are harassing people for exhausts. I haven't had any trouble in surrounding areas outside of Van although I did hear if the cop really wants to be a dick someone has had their car towed because the car was so low the cop couldn't look under to see if he had cats or not.

It really just depends how big of an asshole they want to be. Regardless, be alert out there fellas if your car is modded, a lot of these cops are harsh haters too or at least the ones I've dealt with have been in the past. They see a young guy driving a nice car they will automatically go after you.

To my understanding some M cars come with Akrapovic exhaust or at least my friend's M6 GC did so a lot of times I just claim that it's factory and if they have an issue call BMW if they don't believe it, AFAIK BMW still works closely with Akrapovic.
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2019, 11:05 AM   #24
Bryabee3
F80_F85_F90_F98
United_States
Rep
Drives: Current: F90|F98 Past: F80|F85

Garage List
2018 Bmw m3 f80  [0.00]
I have a set of Keller for sale used. Also, have Keller uppers and ipe uppers with 100 cel cats
      12-03-2019, 02:13 PM   #25
cream
Private
Rep
Drives: 19' BSM M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryabee3 View Post
I have a set of Keller for sale used. Also, have Keller uppers and ipe uppers with 100 cel cats
May I ask why you're selling them (AFAIK Kellers are amongst the best for the F90)? I see many members parting ways with their downpipes/midpipes. Too loud or just going with another brand or selling vehicle so reverting back to stock? Thanks.
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2019, 06:22 PM   #26
BMWDriverX
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: G12 750i X-Drive

Quote:
Originally Posted by cream View Post
May I ask why you're selling them (AFAIK Kellers are amongst the best for the F90)? I see many members parting ways with their downpipes/midpipes. Too loud or just going with another brand or selling vehicle so reverting back to stock? Thanks.
I don't see many secondary downpipes as much as I see primaries for sale. More than likely due to the check engine light unless tuned on the primaries, and the car smells like horrible sh!t if you do the primaries and secondaries.
Appreciate 0