BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW M5 F90 (2018+) General Forums Engine, Exhaust, Drivetrain, Tuning Modifications    2020 BMW M5 Standard Exhaust vs M5C Sports Exhaust

12-03-2019, 08:27 PM   #1
JM5W
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 M3 Competition

Garage List
I just ordered the Non Comp M5 (Should be here in a few weeks). I am coming from the Comp M3 (Which I loved, but i can't wait for the M5!). I am concerned that the standard exhaust is not going to be loud enough or offer the pops and bangs that I am used to.

What are your thoughts on the Standard Exhaust?

What are everyone's thoughts on the Sport Exhaust that comes with the M5C? Does anyone know how much it costs to upgrade to this Sports Exhaust?
      12-03-2019, 09:57 PM   #2
bm3tuning
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: F90 M5, F85 X5M, F80 M3

Full Downpipe (Primary & Seconary) makes most people happy with both M5 and M5C.

Here's my friend FSociety

Appreciate 0
      12-04-2019, 01:32 AM   #3
brava09
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: M4C xdrive

My M5C sport exhaust does not seem loud enough, at least from inside.

At full throttle I see occasionally people turning heads, so it must make some noise, but from inside it's very muted
11 Audi RS5 Misano Red--sold
08 E92 M3 Jerez Black 6MT--sold
08 E92 335i 6MT traded in for M3
Appreciate 0
      12-04-2019, 09:53 PM   #4
cream
Private
Rep
Drives: 19' BSM M5

M5/M5C stock exhaust is not loud enough, even the M Sport exhaust option is not loud enough.

I went with this exact setup and let me tell you the video does not do it justice, you can actually "feel" the exhaust in person when you're behind the car.

Fly by view. Even just doing the primaries and secondaries on stock exhaust will make it sound much better and deeper, you'll get a nice turbo whine too.
Appreciate 0
      12-06-2019, 09:01 AM   #5
JM5W
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Garage List
I ordered my 2020 BMW M5 at the beginning of November. I added every single option except the Carbon Ceramic Brakes. I live in NY and did not see any option to upgrade to the M Sports Exhaust when putting in my order.

Has everyone else in the US experienced this?

Has anyone successfully had BMW upgrade their exhaust to the M Sports Exhaust after they took delivery?
      12-06-2019, 11:11 AM   #6
shoei
Banned
Rep
Drives: MW Vespa w/pink racing stripes

Quote:
Originally Posted by JM5W View Post
I ordered my 2020 BMW M5 at the beginning of November. I added every single option except the Carbon Ceramic Brakes. I live in NY and did not see any option to upgrade to the M Sports Exhaust when putting in my order.

Has anyone successfully had BMW upgrade their exhaust to the M Sports Exhaust after they took delivery?
M "sport" exhaust is same exhaust as non-comp, minus the midpipe and black exhaust tips... You cannot select it for non-comp, but you can either shell out the money to purchase the exhaust new from Bmw, or you can browse the classifieds and buy a gingerly used one from many forum members who have aftermarket exhaust...
Appreciate 1
JM5W78.50
      12-06-2019, 11:13 AM   #7
JM5W
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by shoei View Post
Quote:

M "sport" exhaust is same exhaust as non-comp, minus the midpipe and black exhaust tips... You cannot select it for non-comp, but you can either shell out the money to purchase the exhaust new from Bmw, or you can browse the classifieds and buy a gingerly used one from many forum members who have aftermarket exhaust...
So all I would need to do is upgrade my Mid Pipe on the standard exhaust to get a much better sound?

Any recommendations?
      12-06-2019, 11:15 AM   #8
shoei
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

So all I would need to do is upgrade my Mid Pipe on the standard exhaust to get a much better sound?

Any recommendations?
BMW sport midpipe...
Appreciate 0
      12-06-2019, 10:55 PM   #9
cream
Private
Rep

Quote:

For the Canadian market there's a package which includes the M Sport Exhaust which I had on mine before switching to Akrapovic.

Have a look here, scroll down past the price tag and click on the "M Frozen Optics Package".
Appreciate 0
      12-06-2019, 11:12 PM   #10
shoei
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by cream View Post
Quote:

For the Canadian market there's a package which includes the M Sport Exhaust which I had on mine before switching to Akrapovic.

Have a look here, scroll down past the price tag and click on the "M Frozen Optics Package".
Well yes but he said he's in NY, so I assumed it's a US model lol... That's not an option here in the states...
Appreciate 0
      12-07-2019, 02:02 AM   #11
cream
Private
Rep

Quote:
Well yes but he said he's in NY, so I assumed it's a US model lol... That's not an option here in the states...
That's unfortunate it's not an option for you. Anyhow OP I don't think you'll ever be truly happy with the stock exhaust M sport or not unless you do mid-pipes and maybe even down-pipes. Remus/Akrapovic are two very good options if you decide to have better sound than stock and both of them have valve control.
Appreciate 0
      12-07-2019, 07:03 AM   #12
JM5W
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by cream View Post
Quote:
That's unfortunate it's not an option for you. Anyhow OP I don't think you'll ever be truly happy with the stock exhaust M sport or not unless you do mid-pipes and maybe even down-pipes. Remus/Akrapovic are two very good options if you decide to have better sound than stock and both of them have valve control.
I'll look into both!

If anyone is selling the Remus mid-pipe, please reach out.