BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW M5 F90 (2018+) General Forums Wheels | Tires | Suspension | Brakes | Chassis    CS Suspension ?

04-11-2022, 09:41 AM   #1
Simon H
Major
Rep
Drives: M5 Competition

CS Suspension ?

Has anyone tried to emulate the CSs suspension, with springs and dampers, and any software changes ?, is it actually doable ?. Not dug deep into it, but are the part numbers definitely different for the struts and springs ?. Wonder if anyone knows ?.
Appreciate 0
      04-11-2022, 11:40 AM   #2
Used2be
Perennial PFC
United_States
Rep
Drives: F90 M5 DG/Aragon

I’ve asked this question and not gotten an answer yet. I installed the Dinan tension strut ball joint to replace the rubber bushing in the 2019 base model M5 and was surprised at the different and improved feel of the car on turn in for a corner. I wondered if the M5 CS has the BMW version of a more solid bushing in that location? I’ve asked my dealer if he’d check on the next CS they get in for service…hopefully he will.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      04-11-2022, 05:09 PM   #3
shawnhayes
Major
Rep
Drives: 22M5 CS,23X5E,24M3 CS,24 i4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Used2be View Post
I’ve asked this question and not gotten an answer yet. I installed the Dinan tension strut ball joint to replace the rubber bushing in the 2019 base model M5 and was surprised at the different and improved feel of the car on turn in for a corner. I wondered if the M5 CS has the BMW version of a more solid bushing in that location? I’ve asked my dealer if he’d check on the next CS they get in for service…hopefully he will.
Did not get the chance at the track to remove the center panel. Sorry friend.

Shawn
Appreciate 0