BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW M5 F90 (2018+) General Forums F90 M5 vs...    In the Market for a new car

06-21-2019, 11:11 AM   #1
DEJES09
Rep
Drives: Nothing at the moment

In the Market for a new car

Morning everyone,

New member from New Mexico. Never owned a BMW and but am in the market for a new car. The BMW M5C caught my attention but i have a couple questions that maybe you guys can help with.

Ive never been able to leave my cars alone so mods will come. Especially since i live up here in Albuquerque NM area.

First question is: Im into drag racing and was wondering if anyone has run one of the new M5 at high elevation? We are at 5500 ft with a DA of 8000 on average. FBO E85 GTRs are only hitting mid 11s here because the turbos are just to small to keep up in the thin air. If anyone has, how did it do?

Second question: How is maintenance cost outside of warranty? If i mod there is the chance that i would void warranty. How are the costs if im paying out of pocket?

Third question: How much power can the car take? Does anyone know the limits of the motor, trans etc?

Thanks in advance for any help with the above questions.

Daniel
Sold: 2012 Mclaren 12C, 2010 GTR, 1987 Buick GN

Last edited by DEJES09; 06-22-2019 at 08:50 AM..
Appreciate 0
      06-22-2019, 06:32 PM   #2
limeypride
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 M8 Competition GC

Quote:
Originally Posted by DEJES09 View Post
Morning everyone,

New member from New Mexico. Never owned a BMW and but am in the market for a new car. The BMW M5C caught my attention but i have a couple questions that maybe you guys can help with.

Ive never been able to leave my cars alone so mods will come. Especially since i live up here in Albuquerque NM area.

First question is: Im into drag racing and was wondering if anyone has run one of the new M5 at high elevation? We are at 5500 ft with a DA of 8000 on average. FBO E85 GTRs are only hitting mid 11s here because the turbos are just to small to keep up in the thin air. If anyone has, how did it do?

Second question: How is maintenance cost outside of warranty? If i mod there is the chance that i would void warranty. How are the costs if im paying out of pocket?

Third question: How much power can the car take? Does anyone know the limits of the motor, trans etc?

Thanks in advance for any help with the above questions.

Daniel
It's a great car--you'll love it.

1. I have no 1/4 mile data at that altitude
2. Maintenance is included for the original owner at no (extra) charge. Mod'ding, if detected and relevant, will void warranty on related or downstream components. The saying here is, "you pay to play".
3. The limits aren't yet known. With just a piggyback and race fuel, M5s are seeing 10.2s. My car is putting down 715awhp on a Mustang dyno and 740 aw ft Ibs. On a farm road, I ran 10.73 @131mph. I have no track numbers yet.
Appreciate 0