BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW M5 F90 (2018+) General Forums F90 M5 General Forum    Any updates for 2020 M5?

09-12-2019, 12:18 AM   #89
floating.spirit
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: X3M Competition

Garage List
2020 X3MC  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by limeypride View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by OMGU812 View Post
Unfortunately, this isn't the case. Driving Assistant Pro has "Extended Traffic Jam Assist", which means that, under speeds of 40mph and on divided highway, you don't have to keep putting your hands on the wheel. It's not a huge deal, but in a big city, with a lot of traffic, it's definitely nice to have - I use it a fair amount.
I just sold my 19 earlier this week and picked up my 20 today--iDrive 7 is a errrr shock; jarring I think is fair. Anyhoo, I haven't noticed any difference in the traffic jam assist but I've only done 400 miles so far so I'll take another look tomorrow.
Just curious, what made u sell and buy the same thing only 1 model year younger?
Appreciate 2
ST3339.50
bubbaboy107.50
      09-12-2019, 10:25 AM   #90
OMGU812
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2020 M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by limeypride View Post
I just sold my 19 earlier this week and picked up my 20 today--iDrive 7 is a errrr shock; jarring I think is fair. Anyhoo, I haven't noticed any difference in the traffic jam assist but I've only done 400 miles so far so I'll take another look tomorrow.
You shouldn't notice any difference - it's still Driving Assistance "Plus". Pro - which isn't available - adds "Extended Traffic Jam Assistant".

The only reason I know anything at all about this is because I bought an X5 early this year. They didn't add "Pro" until around September of '18 if I remember correctly. Before that, you could only get "Plus". The bummer was that if you ordered early - like now for the M5 - you missed out on the opportunity to get the "Pro".
Appreciate 0