BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW M5 F90 (2018+) General Forums F90 M5 Pricing, Ordering, Tracking, and European Delivery    Typical cost for installing port options

07-15-2019, 10:23 PM   #1
salraf
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F90 M5, prior F80 M3, E60 M5

Typical cost for installing port options

Just wondering what is the typical charge for installing port options?
If the car is a lease, is install charges also residualized like the parts?
Appreciate 0
      07-15-2019, 11:02 PM   #2
zirotti
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: lots

Yes they can be residualized into the lease, which is great.

As far as I know, there are no labor fees on port installed options, which is another benefit of doing it on an order before it gets to the dealer.
Appreciate 0
      07-16-2019, 12:38 AM   #3
salraf
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F90 M5, prior F80 M3, E60 M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by zirotti View Post
Yes they can be residualized into the lease, which is great.

As far as I know, there are no labor fees on port installed options, which is another benefit of doing it on an order before it gets to the dealer.
Can someone please confirm this?
Appreciate 0
      07-16-2019, 07:39 PM   #4
TrevorM3
Banned
Rep
Drives: 6.3 AMG

there is no charge for the install. when you "pay" for the part, it's included.
Appreciate 0
      07-27-2019, 05:08 PM   #5
S91320
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 550i, 2014 550xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrevorM3 View Post
I was quoted port-installed M5 carbon fiber front splitter and side skirts at a "discount" by a local dealer this week, but the discounted prices are slightly higher than the catalog price of the same parts on BMWUSA website.

I infer this to mean that there *is* an actual installation cost that is baked into the part cost when optioned as a port-installed part.

Wondering if anyone else has compared pricing on port-installed parts vs. buying parts-only from the parts counter?
Appreciate 0
      07-27-2019, 05:10 PM   #6
zirotti
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: lots

Quote:
Originally Posted by S91320 View Post
I was quoted port-installed M5 carbon fiber front splitter and side skirts at a "discount" by a local dealer this week, but the discounted prices are slightly higher than the catalog price of the same parts on BMWUSA website.

I infer this to mean that there *is* an actual installation cost that is baked into the part cost when optioned as a port-installed part.

Wondering if anyone else has compared pricing on port-installed parts vs. buying parts-only from the parts counter?
The biggest thing is that port installed parts can be residualized versus you paying full price at the dealer and having them install them.
Appreciate 0
      07-28-2019, 03:00 AM   #7
paliknight
fuck this field
United_States
Rep
Drives: 18 F80 CS/18 F80 ZCP/19 M2C

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrevorM3 View Post

For the F80s pricing was the same. Difference is, you might be able to get a discount at the parts dept as opposed to at the port. Most you could do is get a discount off the overall MSRP of the car, which would also include the port installed parts.
      07-28-2019, 05:14 PM   #8
TrevorM3
Banned
Rep
Drives: 6.3 AMG

Quote:

if your dealer is trying to say that there is a charge for port options, i highly suggest you find another dealer that isn't a godam thief. and post them here so future buyers can stay away.
Appreciate 0
      07-28-2019, 09:14 PM   #9
calimarc
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2015 Yas Marina Blue M4

Quote:

Prices can change from that seemingly antiquated M Performance Parts Catalog online. At least one of my carbon fiber selections had actually went down in price. Of course to that end they could certainly go up in price as well.

Your order sheet from the factory will show BMW itemized cost of your entire build including port installed options. Your client advisor i’d Imagine would want you to sign off on this so as to not be blamed for an omitted or extra option when the vehicle is delivered.
Appreciate 0