F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > B58 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications > My Mission Performance Experience
GetBMWParts

04-06-2019, 01:13 PM   #89
j1980mac
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 X3 M40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissionPerformance View Post
Im sure a lot of users can chip in here but think about few things, what would you rather have, something tailored to your car or something mass produced?
Hey Alex, I love the Stage 2 ECU with the Stage 1 TCU tune for the most part, but can we get the torque curve (WTQ) to be more linear down low, all while raising the (WHP) to pull harder in the upper rev range?

What can we do here? As you can see it spikes down low and tanks up high.

Thanks
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      04-06-2019, 01:13 PM   #90
grassy_91
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: '18 340i

Quote:
Im sure a lot of users can chip in here but think about few things, what would you rather have, something tailored to your car or something mass produced?
I can attest to this. Alex has probably logged my car more than 20 times and made many many adjustments to get it to the point where it’s at now (a complete monster). Even if you aren’t in California, you can log your car and send it to him so he can make adjustments based on the data. Essentially you’re getting a “custom tune” the first time around and not something that’s just off the shelf or OTS. Think of it this way- anyone can get the jb4 and will have pretty much the same results, right? But if someone buys a jb4 that’s tailored to their car specifically, it will run much better than it would right out of the box. With MP you’re getting a superior product that’s tailored to YOUR car specifically. While I do understand where people are coming from complaining about the higher price of this tune, Alex was the first one to offer a full ECU and TCU flash for this platform and had every right to set the price. Now that he’s lowered his engine flash to $570, it’s cheaper and IMHO better than every other flash out there. Just my .02.
Appreciate 1
chenry2360.00
      04-06-2019, 01:23 PM   #91
MissionPerformance
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
United_States
Rep

Drives: '17 F31 340xi US Spec

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by j1980mac View Post
Hey Alex, I love the Stage 2 ECU with the Stage 1 TCU tune for the most part, but can we get the torque curve (WTQ) to be more linear down low, all while raising the (WHP) to pull harder in the upper rev range?

Thanks
Your initial tune had very smooth power curve but you wanted to have a torque punch down low, so I adjusted for that. The torque is designed to drop, as if it did not, you would have over 480whp. If you want more power on top end, I can do that but you will be running lower fuel pressure and be outside safe parameters as I see on your specific car.

If you want to linearize the tune once again and push more power, the first step is for you to remove the plugs I told you not to install and gap the Champion ones. Because you are running wrong plugs in your car, you are facing misfires that you emailed me about and I can not adjust a tune to those conditions. Then you also have to flash your car to stock using BM3 platform to be safe since you have those errors now and I need to work with a fresh unmodified file.
Appreciate 0
      04-06-2019, 01:55 PM   #92
j1980mac
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

Thanks
Your initial tune had very smooth power curve but you wanted to have a torque punch down low, so I adjusted for that. The torque is designed to drop, as if it did not, you would have over 480whp. If you want more power on top end, I can do that but you will be running lower fuel pressure and be outside safe parameters as I see on your specific car.

If you want to linearize the tune once again and push more power, the first step is for you to remove the plugs I told you not to install and gap the Champion ones. Because you are running wrong plugs in your car, you are facing misfires that you emailed me about and I can not adjust a tune to those conditions. Then you also have to flash your car to stock using BM3 platform to be safe since you have those errors now and I need to work with a fresh unmodified file.
I'm not upset about it. We can try again. I haven't had any misfires on the NGK 97506, but I'll get the Champions and gap them to .022.

I just see JR Auto (MG Flasher) running 94 on a stock 340i, and the overall curve is just about the best I've seen on any stock B58 or even tuned B58s with a DPs for that matter.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      04-06-2019, 02:02 PM   #93
MissionPerformance
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
I'm not upset about it. We can try again. I haven't had any misfires on the NGK 97506, but I'll get the Champions and gap them to .022.

I just see JR Auto (MG Flasher) running 94 on a stock 340i, and the overall curve is just about the best I've seen on any stock B58 or even tuned B58s with a DPs for that matter.

NGK plugs are much better then champion but 97506 are not compatible with out platform.

340i and M40i are completely different platforms. Different computers, different LPFP (m40i has 30% stronger LPFP that is areason M40i can run full e85, though not even close to being safe). Your graph is done on mustang dyno, and the one you posted is on dynojet. Way different dynamoeters as to how they operate and how the graph will look like.

For reference, here is a 340i dyno graph of our tune on customer's car. A bit smoother then the one you posted above I think. Instead of have un-deeded punch and falling rapidly, it actually holds to 5500rpm:

And our own car, fully stock:
Appreciate 0
      04-06-2019, 03:02 PM   #94
DigiSage
First Lieutenant
Rep

Again, Alex, you’re playing fast and loose with the facts, similar to how you would sometimes mix me up with a different customer on the phone. In my original order, on the phone, I asked you if I should check the $50 option for adding burble, even though what I wanted was for it to be removed (my car came with it stock). You said there was no need to do that, so I didn’t. I appreciate that you gave me a $50 discount, but I didn’t even know it was a discount, the way you phrased it on the phone made it sound like “adding burble mode” when I wanted it removed was the wrong way to go about it. If it was something you did for free without me asking for it, how is it relevant now?

Please stop deflecting the conversation away from our requests for better support. I am quite happy to see your recent mention of a ticket system. If your first reply to this thread was “Sorry for the poor email support, I’m setting up a ticket system” then maybe you wouldn’t be on the public record for doxxing and insulting your customers. (Thanks for eventually editing our details out, but our details never should have been posted in the first place.)

Last edited by DigiSage; 04-06-2019 at 03:15 PM..
Appreciate 1
      04-06-2019, 03:31 PM   #95
David0ff
Combined Applications Group
Canada
Rep
Drives: Lada Scrapus Trofeo R

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Thanks

Yeah
Mg Flasher stage 2 curve is unreal
Good luck getting yours sorted out!
      04-06-2019, 03:32 PM   #96
CrushJelly
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: M140i

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigiSage View Post
(Thanks for eventually editing our details out, but our details never should have been posted in the first place.)
My partial email is still visible. And so is Nugget's real name.

MissionPerformance - please remove the screenshots that contain our personal information.

You continue to deflect the questions surrounding gapping plugs - so I won't bother even trying to ask again.
Appreciate 1
      04-06-2019, 04:12 PM   #97
j1980mac
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

NGK plugs are much better then champion but 97506 are not compatible with out platform.

340i and M40i are completely different platforms. Different computers, different LPFP (m40i has 30% stronger LPFP that is areason M40i can run full e85, though not even close to being safe). Your graph is done on mustang dyno, and the one you posted is on dynojet. Way different dynamoeters as to how they operate and how the graph will look like.

For reference, here is a 340i dyno graph of our tune on customer's car. A bit smoother then the one you posted above I think. Instead of have un-deeded punch and falling rapidly, it actually holds to 5500rpm:

And our own car, fully stock:
Since the M40i is 30% stronger, do you think it's still possible to get the same power curve (or stronger) as JR Auto after 6000 rpm on 93?
Appreciate 0
      04-06-2019, 05:52 PM   #98
chenry
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMWs

Gents (and a few gals)
Some good information being shared here but we have moved on a bit (oaky a lot) from the original topic - will someone kindly start a new thread so it can be more easily accessed and referenced in the future?

In other words, lets leave this one for the customer service issues (right or wrong) raised by the OP and start new threads on why MP / tune changes etc...

If OP wants to keep going down this path in this thread cool - let's let him while you all move on with the other topics you've raised

As example I have any number of reasons why as a 46 year old who has owned 36+ vehicles (12 of which were BMWs) why I chose MP - happy to talk about it (while not taking away from any other tuners offering) but this is not the thread for that

My 2-cents
Appreciate 0
      04-06-2019, 06:43 PM   #99
j1980mac
Captain
United_States
Rep

@MissionPerformance , stock Champion plugs will be here Tuesday night. I'll gap them to .022 and flash back to stock with BM3, and then re-run the Mflasher to MP Stage 2.

I guess we can log after that?
Appreciate 0
      04-06-2019, 06:49 PM   #100
chenry
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
@MissionPerformance , stock Champion plugs will be here Tuesday night. I'll gap them to .022 and flash back to stock with BM3, and then re-run the Mflasher to MP Stage 2.

I guess we can log after that?
This is the type of stuff I'm talking about, you raise a great point and you are working through something that others (BM3 users MP users etc) can benefit from with Alex - but it's going to be lost in this thread when it dies.

Can we get something new going on this? And maybe transfer some of the info. I'm happy to help any way I can, lots of questions on spark plug gap, maybe warrants a new thread :-)
Appreciate 0
      04-06-2019, 07:36 PM   #101
chenry
Colonel
United_States
Rep

okay just started a new thread on gapping - let's move this conversation there and see who jumps in

https://f30.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh...3#post24620513
Appreciate 1
j1980mac262.50
      04-06-2019, 08:08 PM   #102
itsglen
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWILUVU View Post
How is MP flash better than BM3 or MHD? It would be good to know because it sounds like you have a great product.
My untuned take, It seems to work as promised and delivers the performance committed and more and price is now not an issue and only tranny tune, why isnt anyone else innovating? - BM3 will get there stuff together but it seems even the fan boys are complaining right now over output and functionality . Not saying I won't go BM3 but given all the hype and then the let down, I'll be on the sidelines a bit longer and probably leaning more MP or MHD. MP is clear front runner to me at this point (putting customer service issues aside, some say great some say no Im sure reality is somewhere between), I have to look into MHD now I don't know enough about them

Last edited by itsglen; 04-06-2019 at 08:25 PM..
Appreciate 1
BMWILUVU809.00
      04-07-2019, 09:26 PM   #103
CrushJelly
Private First Class
Rep

I would like my partial email and Nugget's personal information to be redacted appropriately, please.

Can't believe a business would actually post confidential client information on a public forum.

Unbelievable.
Appreciate 2
      04-07-2019, 09:33 PM   #104
DigiSage
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jahjaman View Post
I would like my partial email and Nugget's personal information to be redacted appropriately, please.

Can't believe a business would actually post confidential client information on a public forum.

Unbelievable.
Report the post with your info in it to the mods. The option to report seems to only be visible from a desktop web browser, not mobile. (Or at least I can’t find it on mobile)
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2019, 10:43 PM   #105
CrushJelly
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigiSage View Post
Report the post with your info in it to the mods. The option to report seems to only be visible from a desktop web browser, not mobile. (Or at least I can’t find it on mobile)
Thanks mate, yes - have done so already
Appreciate 0
      04-08-2019, 01:22 PM   #106
jalkster
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: X3MC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nugget View Post
That is pretty close, but not quite accurate.
I was part of the initial group buy (I never got my 10% discount btw, for some reason my invoice, that I had to chase for months, says $949).
In our initial discussion I asked if I could be sent a stage 1 file until I got my DP installed and then be sent a stage 2 file. I was told no problem, but that is not what happened.

The rest is pretty accurate.

Also I just searched all my emails from you and there is no mention of spark plugs. I didn't have an issue with them but it contradicts your claim that you told all stage 2 customers to gap their plugs.

I don't bear any ill will towards Alex, I just think he is useless with customer service ( which seems to be the norm for all automotive related businesses) and I ran out of patience so changed to a tuning platform with better service that gives me more control, BM3.

Also please edit your screenshots so my email, phone and address details aren't visible.
I never got the discount either, and I never brought it up because well I cared more about getting my car right.
      04-08-2019, 01:53 PM   #107
jalkster
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: X3MC

So... this thread got much more attention than expected. Ive already said a bunch I dont need to repeat, but it seems its actually has helped some people, which in the end was the main goal.

Somebody mentioned that you never hear the positives, only the negatives.
This is why I made this thread, because all I could read was how perfect MP is (with the exception of a few people mentioning no email back). I made one comment on a different thread on how I couldnt ever get a (better than stock) 0-60 time on my MP tune due to power cuts in high rpms, and I got several PM's explaining that they have had bad power delivery as well on MP tune. I had never read anything else like this on MP, so I thought I was a one off problem. Which is ok and happens. Turns out not true, which is why I decided to do this.

Problems were exposed, and it seems people have gotten help. When it comes to my original problems, once Alex gave some interesting statements initially, we got down to the gapping of spark plugs. He claims this was well known and that he told everyone, which has been discussed... yet im out $1k bc of it. All he offered me was to drop my current tune (paid in full after the MP flash) and come back to his tune with the incentive of a free TCU flash. I think its pretty obvious that nobody in my situation would do that. I dont think DME Tuning wants to give me my money back nor should they. So I will leave it at that. So gap your plugs bro

Last edited by jalkster; 04-08-2019 at 02:06 PM..
Appreciate 1
DigiSage143.00
      04-08-2019, 07:59 PM   #108
Nugget
Colonel
Rep
Drives: G81 M3 Touring, GR Supra GTS

Garage List
2011 BMW 135i  [10.00]
Quote:

Nugget I do apologize for the refund issue. Ill check the system and see why it never went through.
MissionPerformance How did you go with this?
Appreciate 0
      04-08-2019, 08:35 PM   #109
MissionPerformance
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nugget View Post
MissionPerformance How did you go with this?
Please check your email.
Appreciate 0
      04-08-2019, 09:56 PM   #110
Nugget
Colonel
Rep
Drives: G81 M3 Touring, GR Supra GTS

Garage List
2011 BMW 135i  [10.00]
10% GB refund quickly sorted. Thanks MissionPerformance
Appreciate 0