BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW M5 F90 (2018+) General Forums F90 M5 General Forum    2022 M5C - Performance Center Delivery

12-29-2021, 11:25 AM   #23
MackSea70
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2023 M5C, 2020 Tesla Y LR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Usef_Afande View Post
Congratulations! Beautiful car! That's the best thing about it, it's a great in everything! I'm picking up my M3C next Thursday from Greenville as well and taking my dad with me!
Can't wait!
Looking forward to the drive back not as long, but hopefully it's not raining 😆
That's so awesome that you're going to share it with your dad. Mine really enjoyed the track experience and we created some fun memories. (of course we had our own personal stop watches going during the track stint to see who turned the fastest laps). Dad won the braking competition, I won the hot laps.

Enjoy the experience and your new ride!
Appreciate 1
      12-29-2021, 12:03 PM   #24
M3PGH
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: Too Many

congratulation on the car
I had 2019 M5C and currently a 992 C4S
and owned bunch of M and Porsche cars
I won't say the 992 is boring at all, it is a fantastic car
I miss the beast feeling of the M5, but If I have to chose one car 992 will be the one .
it feels like a well lubricated "machine" and you don't get that with M car
this is the fun of trying as many cars as you can
Appreciate 2
MackSea70738.50
mathys196.50
      12-29-2021, 12:29 PM   #25
FreudeamFahren18
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 F80, 2022 G80m

Quote:
Originally Posted by xmanpro View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by MackSea70 View Post
I've been mostly active over in the delivery sub forum for the past six months waiting for my car.

After six months of waiting, yesterday was my delivery day at the Performance Center in Greenville. I'll start this whole post with these words. I love this car.

And now - for the rest of the story. I've been in the BMW family since 2013. I left for a while last year for my second P car (a 992S). I pretty much was ridiculed by the rennlist community when I posted in March that I just didn't find the 992S very exciting. Life's too short and so in May I posted that car for sale and it was gone three days later. At the time I decided to take a break from high end cars for a bit and just drive my wife's Tesla (long range model Y). The Tesla is a nice car and all (for what it is) but by July the itch hit again and I realized my brand loyalty really is with BMW and so, after an M550, a 550, a F80 M3C, the time came for an M5C.

I worked with Next Level Auto Brokers in early July and we found a dealer with an allocation willing to take the deal we wanted. Given the market, I'm pleased with the financial arrangements we were able to come to. By July 15 we had a deal and an allocation number. I've participated in a bunch of the delivery delay threads and so won't repeat that content here.

During the B&W issue, I was told B&W was removed from my build. I ended up adding a few other options to make me happy (and in the end I'm really glad I did).

My spec:

2022 M5C - Marina Bay Blue over silverstone full leather. Exec, Drivers assistance pro, carbon ceramic brakes, M performance exhaust.

I'm not going to do a full "review" of the driving experience - I've only had the car for a day. However. I can say with certainty - while I found the 992S boring, this car is rowdy. I love it.

I took delivery at the performance center - Mike and Clint were our driving instructors and Rafael did my delivery. The whole experience was really well done - from the planning, pickup at GSP, the stay, the meals, etc. BMW really goes out of their way to make PCD customers feel special. Since I was buying a M5 - the track session was a mini M school. Nothing like hoping in a school car at 39 degrees on cold tires and your instructor saying - you seem like you know your way around, let's have some fun and less than 30 seconds after getting in the car he has us throwing the thing sideways. Great lessons in car control and definitely gave me an appreciation just how high the limits are in these cars. Best part? Got to take my 74 year old dad as my guest and he got to experience it as well (he's also a previous BMW owner).

The actual car delivery was great as well, of course the car looked amazing under the lights in the delivery center.

We ended up doing a bit of a cannon ball run from Greenville back to my home in central FL as the weather on the whole east coast wasn't great for a "fun" over night in Savanah.

A special shout out to a feature. As I mentioned my wife has a model Y with auto-steer and we've taken the full autopilot subscription as well to try it. I had no idea how good BMW's Drivers Assistance Pro would work. Auto-steer is great and when you get stuck in traffic it will let you go full hands free. Yeah yeah, I know we buy these to be drivers cars (and it is an incredible drivers car) but when you're trying to cover 540 miles in 7 hours, a little bit of auto-steer provided a much needed break (especially since we had rain for most of the drive).

My son (who's 8) is also a BMW fan and when I took him to karate camp this morning in the new car he said Dad - i like this a lot better than the porsche we had. The kid is a car guy already and can pick out most exotics by their exhaust note alone.

I know many of you are anxiously waiting for your delivery. Yes the delays suck. My CA was incredible throughout the entire process and I never felt like I was in the dark about where and when my car was. But most importantly, this car is worth the wait!

And finally - a few pictures from the delivery experience.
Beautiful spec!

Crazy coincidence, I took delivery of my m3c in the same pcd room earlier this year. Worked with Next Level Auto Brokers as well.

Congrats and enjoy in good health!
Crazy i was in the same pod too 2 months ago for my M3 Competition X drive
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
MackSea70738.50
      12-29-2021, 01:43 PM   #26
Ugly Kar
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E92 to C43 Cab to G42

Absolutely beautiful car. Better looking than the white one. Why couldn't idiot Casas do something similar for the rear of the G42??
Appreciate 1
MackSea70738.50
      12-29-2021, 02:46 PM   #27
GOLFFRR
Rep
Drives: GOLFFRR cart

congrats! Sweet ride

BEFORE YOU BUY YOUR NEXT BMW, EMAIL OUR GUY KOTE FIRST!
Kote M Sales:Kotem@bmwofcamarillo.com Cell:805-368-9101
vipfinance@bmwofcamarillo.com for warranties!
Appreciate 1
MackSea70738.50
      12-29-2021, 02:57 PM   #28
SnowBob
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: G20 330i M-Sport

I opted for DA Pro on my 2021 pre-chip shortage 330i and it is so worth the money in traffic and even on a long stretch of highway coming home from a road trip. I’ve never been in a Tesla but the features really appeal to me. Happy to hear that you think the driver assistance is comparable. It should only get better as a feature through the industry.
Appreciate 1
MackSea70738.50
      12-29-2021, 03:54 PM   #29
xmanpro
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 24 M8C 24 X6MC 21 M3C

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreudeamFahren18 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by xmanpro View Post
Quote:
I've been mostly active over in the delivery sub forum for the past six months waiting for my car.

After six months of waiting, yesterday was my delivery day at the Performance Center in Greenville. I'll start this whole post with these words. I love this car.

And now - for the rest of the story. I've been in the BMW family since 2013. I left for a while last year for my second P car (a 992S). I pretty much was ridiculed by the rennlist community when I posted in March that I just didn't find the 992S very exciting. Life's too short and so in May I posted that car for sale and it was gone three days later. At the time I decided to take a break from high end cars for a bit and just drive my wife's Tesla (long range model Y). The Tesla is a nice car and all (for what it is) but by July the itch hit again and I realized my brand loyalty really is with BMW and so, after an M550, a 550, a F80 M3C, the time came for an M5C.

I worked with Next Level Auto Brokers in early July and we found a dealer with an allocation willing to take the deal we wanted. Given the market, I'm pleased with the financial arrangements we were able to come to. By July 15 we had a deal and an allocation number. I've participated in a bunch of the delivery delay threads and so won't repeat that content here.

During the B&W issue, I was told B&W was removed from my build. I ended up adding a few other options to make me happy (and in the end I'm really glad I did).

My spec:

2022 M5C - Marina Bay Blue over silverstone full leather. Exec, Drivers assistance pro, carbon ceramic brakes, M performance exhaust.

I'm not going to do a full "review" of the driving experience - I've only had the car for a day. However. I can say with certainty - while I found the 992S boring, this car is rowdy. I love it.

I took delivery at the performance center - Mike and Clint were our driving instructors and Rafael did my delivery. The whole experience was really well done - from the planning, pickup at GSP, the stay, the meals, etc. BMW really goes out of their way to make PCD customers feel special. Since I was buying a M5 - the track session was a mini M school. Nothing like hoping in a school car at 39 degrees on cold tires and your instructor saying - you seem like you know your way around, let's have some fun and less than 30 seconds after getting in the car he has us throwing the thing sideways. Great lessons in car control and definitely gave me an appreciation just how high the limits are in these cars. Best part? Got to take my 74 year old dad as my guest and he got to experience it as well (he's also a previous BMW owner).

The actual car delivery was great as well, of course the car looked amazing under the lights in the delivery center.

We ended up doing a bit of a cannon ball run from Greenville back to my home in central FL as the weather on the whole east coast wasn't great for a "fun" over night in Savanah.

A special shout out to a feature. As I mentioned my wife has a model Y with auto-steer and we've taken the full autopilot subscription as well to try it. I had no idea how good BMW's Drivers Assistance Pro would work. Auto-steer is great and when you get stuck in traffic it will let you go full hands free. Yeah yeah, I know we buy these to be drivers cars (and it is an incredible drivers car) but when you're trying to cover 540 miles in 7 hours, a little bit of auto-steer provided a much needed break (especially since we had rain for most of the drive).

My son (who's 8) is also a BMW fan and when I took him to karate camp this morning in the new car he said Dad - i like this a lot better than the porsche we had. The kid is a car guy already and can pick out most exotics by their exhaust note alone.

I know many of you are anxiously waiting for your delivery. Yes the delays suck. My CA was incredible throughout the entire process and I never felt like I was in the dark about where and when my car was. But most importantly, this car is worth the wait!

And finally - a few pictures from the delivery experience.
Beautiful spec!

Crazy coincidence, I took delivery of my m3c in the same pcd room earlier this year. Worked with Next Level Auto Brokers as well.

Congrats and enjoy in good health!
Crazy i was in the same pod too 2 months ago for my M3 Competition X drive

That's cray
Attached Images

MackSea70738.50
      12-30-2021, 02:50 AM   #30
brava09
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: M4C xdrive

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by brava09 View Post
Congrats!

I have the same colour combo inside-out

Please tell me more about 992S, why do you find it boring?
The 992 was just too put together for me. I can't explain it well. Every time I drove the car, I'd put my foot into it, take some high speed corners and say to myself - that wasn't that fun. Then I'd think back to my F80 and say - wait, I had way more fun in that car (for less money too). Of course say this with Porsche purists and your blaspheming Ferdinand Porsche himself.

The thing is - on paper my 992S WAS faster than my F80 (except in a straight line). Never once felt faster. Now in my F90? Sure the 992 felt more nimble, dimensionally smaller, more prone to change direction quickly - it should, it weighs over 1,000 pounds less. I still like my F90 better (and I've got more $$$ tied up in the F90 than I did the 992).

There's a whole thread on it over at renn list if you'd like to read. All 26 pages of it. I started the thread and made a few comments along the way - but it definitely went off the rails. (hope we're allowed to cross post).

https://rennlist.com/forums/992/1243...-only-one.html
I read part of your thread on rennlist, and got your point about the 992, but not sure you're going to find on the M5 the level of excitement you're missing on the 992.

What you wrote about the 992 reflects exactly my feelings about the M5C
Nowadays these cars are so quick and capable for the public roads that you feel somehow wanting.

On top, the M5 huge size and the ZF autobox takes further low the excitement level
11 Audi RS5 Misano Red--sold
08 E92 M3 Jerez Black 6MT--sold
08 E92 335i 6MT traded in for M3
Appreciate 0
      12-30-2021, 10:56 AM   #31
MackSea70
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by brava09 View Post
I read part of your thread on rennlist, and got your point about the 992, but not sure you're going to find on the M5 the level of excitement you're missing on the 992.

What you wrote about the 992 reflects exactly my feelings about the M5C
Nowadays these cars are so quick and capable for the public roads that you feel somehow wanting.

On top, the M5 huge size and the ZF autobox takes further low the excitement level
Yeah this whole debate wasn't well received on the other forum either, including a lot of accusations that I was just there to brand troll Porsche. The fact is - there are things I like about both brands, and I am grateful to be fortunate enough to have sampled them both.

If people go back and read my first post about the 992, I specifically mention linearity, throttle response and the overdone "gushing" people do about Porsche. To this day - sure, the 992 is by far the most visually appealing car I've ever personally owned. Throttle response? Linear? Feeling like an old school NA engine? None of those. At least to me. And that's why we have many different flavors of ice cream.

It took a long time for me to rationalize that what I once lusted after (Porsche) was indeed not for me. I'm very lucky the market allowed me to get out of something that didn't bring me joy.

I'm even more lucky that my F90 DOES bring me exactly what I was looking for in a daily. Fast. (really fast). Great handling. (no, it doesn't handle "better" than the 992). Amazing brakes. Good looks (992 WAS a better looking car for sure - but that's not apples / apples). And I can haul 4 people with me while having all of this fun.

Hopefully this thread doesn't turn into a M vs. P debate - I'm happy to have sampled them both and yes, it's definitely an odd path to go P then come back to a larger "slower" sedan, but I'm more than happy to have taken that journey.
Appreciate 1
brava09767.00
      12-30-2021, 12:34 PM   #32
Namelss
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 Volvo XC90 V8 Sport

Quote:
Yeah this whole debate wasn't well received on the other forum either, including a lot of accusations that I was just there to brand troll Porsche. The fact is - there are things I like about both brands, and I am grateful to be fortunate enough to have sampled them both.
I read most of your thread over there yesterday. Man, I thought BMW people were bad! (Har har)

Glad you’re enjoying the new car!
Appreciate 0
      12-30-2021, 12:43 PM   #33
MackSea70
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Namelss View Post
I read most of your thread over there yesterday. Man, I thought BMW people were bad! (Har har)

Glad you’re enjoying the new car!
It's almost like I called their baby ugly. (far from the truth as I pointed out in that thread - the 992 is achingly beautiful to look at - may go down as one of the best designed modern Porsches).
Appreciate 0