BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums Cosmetic Care & Detailing (PPF/Wash/Wax/Detailing/Restoration/Repairs)    Best Wax & Swirl Removal

04-11-2021, 03:17 PM   #1
Moopai
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: M850GC Tanzanite Blue Metallic

Best Wax & Swirl Removal

For those who don't have the ceramic coating, what brand of wax are you using to remove swirls and get maximum shine? I've used Zaino for a number of years but if there is a better product, I'm willing to change. Thanks
Appreciate 0
      04-11-2021, 08:09 PM   #2
TrevorM3
Banned
Rep
Drives: 6.3 AMG

wax is only going to hide the light swirls...

that doesn't solve the problem. In order to get rid of swirls you need correction.

If you're just looking for a good wax, i use dodo juice on my past cars. lasts pretty long, smells good, and easy to apply/and buff off.
Appreciate 0
      04-11-2021, 09:24 PM   #3
AHall
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 1993 Nissan 240sx

I use Menzerna products for swirls and light scratches with the appropriate pad. I have the Flex 3401 that has served me well over the years. As for waxes, polishes and glazes I have tried different things. I have Chemical Guys Black Light and White Light also the mighty Colinite 845 wax. I also use Garry Dean's Detail Juice for detail spray and clay bar lubricant.
Appreciate 0
      04-11-2021, 09:45 PM   #4
Stealth7
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: No BMWs Right Now!

Agree with the above--wax alone will not remove swirl marks. The order from least abrasive to most is: wax; scratch remover/polishing compound; and rubbing compound. You had better know what you are doing with anything more serious that Maguire's scratch remover and any use of a motorized wheel buffer--I leave the more serious matters to my body shop--even if it is just a quick buff of a scratch, etc. My M5C is Black, so I accept my limitations in terms of ability!

For wax, I like Maguire's Tech 2.0 Wax. Good wet shine. There are many, many good products, and I am sure many much better than the "over the counter" product I use.

Good luck!
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2021, 07:14 PM   #5
Moopai
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: M850GC Tanzanite Blue Metallic

Thanks for the feedback!
Appreciate 0