BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW M5 F90 (2018+) General Forums Engine, Exhaust, Drivetrain, Tuning Modifications    NEW RELEASE: Dinan BMW F90 M5 Resonator Delete Kit / X-Pipe

06-06-2020, 05:54 PM   #23
Dinan_Engineering
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Any BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyVegasMB View Post
Would a normal performance muffler shop be able to handle this job?
Yes.
Appreciate 0
      06-06-2020, 07:13 PM   #24
bMm5w
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2019 M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dinan_Engineering View Post
Yes.
What about a BMW dealership that sells Dinan products? Asking because it looks like there's some cutting involved for a stock system, and last time I talked to a dealer about putting in a sport mid pipe, they were reluctant to cut anything on the exhaust.

Last edited by bMm5w; 06-06-2020 at 07:36 PM..
Appreciate 0
      06-07-2020, 12:43 AM   #25
cailas
Private First Class
Lithuania
Rep
Drives: BMW M5 F90 2018

Any real videos?
      06-08-2020, 07:42 AM   #26
Dinan_Engineering
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
What about a BMW dealership that sells Dinan products? Asking because it looks like there's some cutting involved for a stock system, and last time I talked to a dealer about putting in a sport mid pipe, they were reluctant to cut anything on the exhaust.
Shouldn't be an issue. Cutting is status quo on BMW's where the entire exhaust tract has been one piece for quite some time. However they include dimples (cut marks) on items like the axle-back where if a car is involved in a rear end collision and the axel back section needs to be replaced they can do so without having to replace the entire system.
Appreciate 0
      06-08-2020, 06:22 PM   #27
BMWDriverX
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: G12 750i X-Drive

Quote:
Would a normal performance muffler shop be able to handle this job?
Yep, just cut some pipes and install this one either clamped on or welded.
Appreciate 0
      06-13-2020, 11:31 AM   #28
BMWDriverX
Captain
United_States
Rep

X-Pipe installed and finally getting the sound out of the exhaust that I have been looking for!! That stock resonator on the base M5 really is a tone killer, I can turn the exhaust button off now so no pops and open the valves with my remote and the exhaust note is finally there! After ER secondary's, and the GThaus SGT rear section the resonator delete finally freed up the sound I was looking for! Easy to install, but Dinan c'mon you sent me 6 clamps for some reason, and none of them fit...
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      06-15-2020, 07:29 AM   #29
Dinan_Engineering
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWDriverX View Post
X-Pipe installed and finally getting the sound out of the exhaust that I have been looking for!! That stock resonator on the base M5 really is a tone killer, I can turn the exhaust button off now so no pops and open the valves with my remote and the exhaust note is finally there! After ER secondary's, and the GThaus SGT rear section the resonator delete finally freed up the sound I was looking for! Easy to install, but Dinan c'mon you sent me 6 clamps for some reason, and none of them fit...
Yeah, we shipped 70mm clamps instead of 80mm clamps on some of the kits. Purchasing/routing snafu in the BOM. Thought we rectified them all but I guess not. Might be a bit late now but if you want some correct clamps reach out to support@dinancars.com and they can assist.

On a more positive note -- glad you achieved the sound you were looking for!
Appreciate 1
      06-15-2020, 12:23 PM   #30
BMWDriverX
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWDriverX View Post
Yeah, we shipped 70mm clamps instead of 80mm clamps on some of the kits. Purchasing/routing snafu in the BOM. Thought we rectified them all but I guess not. Might be a bit late now but if you want some correct clamps reach out to support@dinancars.com and they can assist.

On a more positive note -- glad you achieved the sound you were looking for!
Thanks! I'll reach out and get a set of clamps for next time it's on the lift. The only clamps the muffler shop had that fit in a hurry were those U shaped steel bracket WWII looking like they're about to rust clamps, Lol.
Appreciate 0
      06-18-2020, 07:13 AM   #31
castilla
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2014 M4

Does this part need cutting the stock exhaust for install ? Or can it be install without any cutting?
Appreciate 0
      06-18-2020, 07:53 AM   #32
Dinan_Engineering
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by castilla View Post
Does this part need cutting the stock exhaust for install ? Or can it be install without any cutting?
Would require cutting. Stock exhaust is one piece from the cat back. BMW has been doing that for multiple generations now.
Appreciate 0
      01-05-2021, 01:06 PM   #33
GreekGM
Registered
Rep
Drives: Bmw x7 50i, m5 competition

Thinking about ordering one for my comp...Does this get rid of the pops/burbles when the exhaust is in sport +? (I actually enjoy them, I know some hate them) also, would this have any effect on performance? I remember wanting to add one of these to my old S6, and reading so much contradictory information ranging from no change, to actually leading to HP loss...
Appreciate 0
      01-05-2021, 01:29 PM   #34
Dinan_Engineering
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreekGM View Post
Thinking about ordering one for my comp...Does this get rid of the pops/burbles when the exhaust is in sport +? (I actually enjoy them, I know some hate them) also, would this have any effect on performance? I remember wanting to add one of these to my old S6, and reading so much contradictory information ranging from no change, to actually leading to HP loss...
Sound only mod. There is no performance benefit. Generally speaking the Resonatore Delete/X will add a slight increase in overall volume (~10-15%) and smooth out the tone. Burbles/pops will be largely unaffected although some will say the "sharpness" of them may be softened by the tonal smoothing of the X. Sounds the same to me so maybe I am just old.
Appreciate 0
      01-05-2021, 02:58 PM   #35
CarFreak
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW M5 Competition

Your not going to hear the difference like the s6. I did it and was so pleased with the results

Here’s a video of the cold startup, revs and driving around. The sound difference is much less on a competition than a base m5.

Last edited by CarFreak; 01-05-2021 at 07:17 PM..
Appreciate 0
      01-11-2021, 08:34 PM   #36
_r8ted_r
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW M8 Comp

Quote:
Attachment 2314230

Dinan BMW F90 M5 Resonator Delete Kit

Part Number(s): D660-0081
Applications:
  • 2018-2020 F90 M5
Product Page(s) / Pricing: https://dinan.info/F90-M5-RDK
Release Date: [COLOR="Red"]Available Now![/COLOR]

Description: The Dinan Resonator Delete Kit for the F90 M5 introduces a more aggressive tone and an increase in volume over the stock system. Coupled with the associated Dinan exhaust, the sound is further enhanced into a smoother, fuller and more aggressive note that is to be expected of a stately performance sedan.

This piece removes the hydro-formed factory resonated section and replaces it with 80mm T304 stainless steel tubing for freer flowing capabilities. In place of the factory resonator itself, Dinan incorporates a beautifully crafted X-pipe made from mandrel-bent tubing for minimum restriction, unlike stamped X-pipes, which are commonplace in the market. This sophisticated 'X' is not only the focal point of the system in terms of aesthetics but also the star when it comes to the effects on the sound. Promoting even flow to both banks of tips, the 'X' removes unwanted nuances in sound caused by uneven exhaust flow that is often in stock systems.

Features/Benefits:
  • Louder, smoother and fuller sound.
  • Deletes resonator between catalyst and rear muffler for increased volume.
  • Includes X-pipe crossover made from mandrel bent tubing to promote even flow with minimum restriction.
  • 3.15" (80mm) tubing replaces stock hydro-formed piping.
  • 100% 304 Stainless Steel construction with a brushed finish.
  • Easy bolt-on installation with included mounting hardware.

Attachment 2314231
Attachment 2314232
Attachment 2314233

Would this fit the M8 comp? Looking for a resonator delete kit for the M8
Appreciate 0
      01-13-2021, 08:35 AM   #37
Dinan_Engineering
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by _r8ted_r View Post
Would this fit the M8 comp? Looking for a resonator delete kit for the M8
The M5 and M8 have different mid OEM part numbers so all I can say is they are different. If they are different enough that it requires a revised 'X' would require physical verification and we have never had an M8 in the shop to see.
Appreciate 1
      04-10-2021, 01:38 AM   #38
AndrewM5
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW M5

M Performance Exhaust

Will this fit on a m performance exhaust system for the F90 M5 and does anyone know if the M performance exhaust system is full titanium to the cats? Because the dinan pipes are stainless steel so I was wondering if it was worth it or not to get the dinan resonator replacement.
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2021, 11:39 AM   #39
BMWF90M5
Private
Rep
Drives: Jeep Trackhawk

Are there tunes available for the M5 form dinan yet? I didnt see it on the website.
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2021, 12:50 PM   #40
Dinan_Engineering
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewM5 View Post
Will this fit on a m performance exhaust system for the F90 M5 and does anyone know if the M performance exhaust system is full titanium to the cats? Because the dinan pipes are stainless steel so I was wondering if it was worth it or not to get the dinan resonator replacement.
With the Titanium M-Performance exhaust its probably not worth it. Without opening up and seeing what they are actually doing in that front section part of the M-performance it appears they have a baby resonator that is probably also an H where the Dinan kit is an X. Assuming that to be the case, volume wise they will be very similar. Tone will be a bit different between an X and an H but again not sure if it would be worth the hassle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Achievement Tracker View Post
Are there tunes available for the M5 form dinan yet? I didnt see it on the website.
Have not been released yet. It's still in development and being tweaked. Been back on the dyno again last week and this one.
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2021, 11:37 PM   #41
carholic
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2021 M5 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demon Barber View Post
It's also hard to know if the xpipe would add any substantial sound over the resonator on the M performance exhaust, so probably not worth cutting the pipes.
I am worried about that too. Cutting the titanium exhaust seems like a bad idea. If it was a bolt-on solution, I would buy it immediately.
      04-21-2021, 02:56 PM   #42
Alan l.
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2020 F95 X5M Competition

I know you guys have a F95 X5MC in house. Would be nice to verify if this works on that platform as well.
      04-21-2021, 03:03 PM   #43
Dinan_Engineering
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan l. View Post
I know you guys have a F95 X5MC in house. Would be nice to verify if this works on that platform as well.
It does not. Slightly different pipe routing.
Appreciate 0
      04-21-2021, 03:07 PM   #44
Alan l.
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2020 F95 X5M Competition

damn that sucks. I almost wanted to buy it just to try out. Lucky I didn't