BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW M5 F90 (2018+) General Forums Engine, Exhaust, Drivetrain, Tuning Modifications    DINAN inlet tubes

01-11-2022, 05:06 PM   #1
Ptoscano911
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: F90 M5

DINAN inlet tubes

Curious if anyone installed these and notice any improvements on throttle/sound etc. Ordered these sometime ago and waiting on delivery ( sometime after 1/30). Was thinking of just canceling order and going w a front mount system ( PG).

Or just wait and use w some drop ins ?

Thanks,
Appreciate 0
      01-11-2022, 06:00 PM   #2
BMA89
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 BMW M5 CS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ptoscano911 View Post
Curious if anyone installed these and notice any improvements on throttle/sound etc. Ordered these sometime ago and waiting on delivery ( sometime after 1/30). Was thinking of just canceling order and going w a front mount system ( PG).

Thanks,
Not that this helps but I'm in the same boat. Waiting on the inlets for 2months! I already have BMC drop ins and charcoal filter delete which definitely made a notable sound difference and slight throttle response improvement.
Appreciate 0
      01-11-2022, 06:14 PM   #3
Eljeffrey13
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: Bmw f90 M5

Quote:

Thanks,
I got them acouple months ago when it released, u can def notice the size difference when ur installing them compared to the stock ones, i did notice more throttle response and car felt quicker… didnt notice to much of a noise difference since i installed it in sept i live in northeast so havent really driven with windows down, but for the money def worth it and it looks really nice, great mod
      01-11-2022, 06:16 PM   #4
Eljeffrey13
Private
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eljeffrey13 View Post
Quote:

Thanks,
I got them acouple months ago when it released, u can def notice the size difference when ur installing them compared to the stock ones, i did notice more throttle response and car felt quicker… didnt notice to much of a noise difference since i installed it in sept i live in northeast so havent really driven with windows down, but for the more def worth it and it looks really nice, great mod
Pic
Attached Images

01-11-2022, 06:18 PM   #5
eric97hoh
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 bmw m5

Quote:
I got them acouple months ago when it released, u can def notice the size difference when ur installing them compared to the stock ones, i did notice more throttle response and car felt quicker… didnt notice to much of a noise difference since i installed it in sept i live in northeast so havent really driven with windows down, but for the more def worth it and it looks really nice, great mod
he is right sound is negligible but if its paired with bmc filters and charcoal filter delete it is a noticeable difference and like on my butt dyno if you have 93 octane it feels like a good 10 hp jump I cant wait to add dinan x pipe as well because it will be louder. my pops and bangs did get a tiny bit louder due to more air flow btw.

Previous BMW model 2018 bmw 340i FBO custom e50 tune 500 wheel
Appreciate 0
      01-11-2022, 08:50 PM   #6
Eljeffrey13
Private
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by eric97hoh View Post
Quote:
he is right sound is negligible but if its paired with bmc filters and charcoal filter delete it is a noticeable difference and like on my butt dyno if you have 93 octane it feels like a good 10 hp jump I cant wait to add dinan x pipe as well because it will be louder. my pops and bangs did get a tiny bit louder due to more air flow btw.
Yes so i have bmc drop ins and charcoal delete, but theres a dyno graph where its suppost to add like 15-17whp… like i said i also run 93 and the car def feels quicker, its atleast twice the size as factory inlet if u have them both in ur hands u know what im talking about, but im also going to get the xpipe thats my next mod, want alittle more volume and pops and bangs without adding exhaust system or downpipes, i think factory exhaust sounds pretty good just needs alittle more volume
      01-11-2022, 09:20 PM   #7
ctelimad
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: bmw m8

I had them initially when they came out and no sound difference but better throttle response. Then i decided to add the bmc filters and charcoal delete then i noticed a significant sound difference .
So if you are doing it without the charcoal delete and bmc filter then i can guarantee you no sound difference
But if you decide to go for the bmc filter and charcoal delete with the inlet then it is very noticeable and you will not regret it
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2022, 09:56 AM   #8
mike@x-ph.com
Joint Chiefs of Staff
United_States
Rep
Drives: 07-335/12-328/18-M4/21-M4CP

The inlet tubes improve throttle response; for more sound, pair them with the Dinan intakes

Phone number 702-494-9435
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2022, 11:18 AM   #9
eric97hoh
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 bmw m5

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike@x-ph.com View Post
The inlet tubes improve throttle response; for more sound, pair them with the Dinan intakes
I didn't think about that ya dinan intakes filters charcoal delete and dinan x pipe would be really good pairing

Previous BMW model 2018 bmw 340i FBO custom e50 tune 500 wheel
Appreciate 0
      01-13-2022, 09:26 AM   #10
Quinn A
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2016 M3

Do these pair with other aftermarket intakes?
2022 Cayenne Turbo coupe Catless/ Tune
2022 Huracan STO
Appreciate 0
      01-13-2022, 09:30 AM   #11
m4h2o
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 16 M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quinn A View Post
Do these pair with other aftermarket intakes?
Negative
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2022, 09:26 PM   #12
PDOT
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 M5C

Garage List
Quote:
Quote:

Thanks,
I got them acouple months ago when it released, u can def notice the size difference when ur installing them compared to the stock ones, i did notice more throttle response and car felt quicker… didnt notice to much of a noise difference since i installed it in sept i live in northeast so havent really driven with windows down, but for the money def worth it and it looks really nice, great mod
Did you have to remove the air box to install? Mine came in today and going through the instructions states I need to.
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2022, 10:06 PM   #13
Eljeffrey13
Private
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by PDOT View Post
Quote:
Quote:

Thanks,
Did you have to remove the air box to install? Mine came in today and going through the instructions states I need to.
I took out the air box dont see how u do the job without doing so.. it will be super tight but overall job isnt to hard
      02-05-2022, 10:19 PM   #14
PDOT
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Thanks,
I took out the air box dont see how u do the job without doing so.. it will be super tight but overall job isnt to hard
I was just trying to be lazy it wasn't hard to put the bmc in
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2022, 07:44 AM   #15
Ptoscano911
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: F90 M5

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Thanks,
You received the inlet tubes ? Who did you order from? Ordered in Nov and still not here.
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2022, 06:02 PM   #16
PDOT
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Thanks,
You received the inlet tubes ? Who did you order from? Ordered in Nov and still not here.
Yeah bro, came in yesterday. I ordered from Dinan in November. I was about to cancel myself so I know your feelings.
Appreciate 0
      02-09-2022, 11:03 AM   #17
PDOT
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Pretty easy to do, didn't have to pull the airboxes. The bottom seal that connects to the airbox was a b****. That's about it.

I have it paired with BMC filters/Charcoal deletes. Noticed a nice turbo sound upgrade. Thinking about downpipes for more wastegate sound but undecided if I want to do a tune.
Appreciate 0