BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW M5 F90 (2018+) General Forums Engine, Exhaust, Drivetrain, Tuning Modifications    Ultra highflow keller primaries

01-04-2022, 08:00 PM   #1
m4h2o
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 16 M4

Ultra highflow keller primaries

Anyone in this forum have these?
I knew about high flow but just recently found out about ultra high flow. $2799 for the set. Curious what difference these make compared to regular high flow
Appreciate 0
      01-05-2022, 01:51 PM   #2
DrivenAgain
MFJWADE
Rep
Drives: 2018 BMW M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by m4h2o View Post
I knew about high flow but just recently found out about ultra high flow. $2799 for the set. Curious what difference these make compared to regular high flow
my guess is they are the same, I dont know that they offer two styles. Dont get too caught up in a name, find one that fits they all do the same thing. "Records" have beet set with both 3" and 3.5" You can also still make a ton of power just removing the secondaries. I run a 5.93 60-130 with stock uppers.
      01-05-2022, 04:36 PM   #3
m4h2o
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrivenAgain View Post
Quote:
my guess is they are the same, I dont know that they offer two styles. Dont get too caught up in a name, find one that fits they all do the same thing. "Records" have beet set with both 3" and 3.5" You can also still make a ton of power just removing the secondaries. I run a 5.93 60-130 with stock uppers.
Im looking to do stage 2 tune so i need to change the primaries but dont want the smell.
I was going to keep the secondary factory because i dont want it annoyingly loud. From what ive heard there is very minimal gain in doing catless secondaries.
Appreciate 0
      01-05-2022, 05:35 PM   #4
DrivenAgain
MFJWADE
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Im looking to do stage 2 tune so i need to change the primaries but dont want the smell.
I was going to keep the secondary factory because i dont want it annoyingly loud. From what ive heard there is very minimal gain in doing catless secondaries.
You don't need to change primaries to do "stage 2" If you remove the secondaries you get zero smell and turbo spool.
      01-05-2022, 07:15 PM   #5
m4h2o
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
You don't need to change primaries to do "stage 2" If you remove the secondaries you get zero smell and turbo spool.
Do you think its worth the "bang for the buck"
To change the downpipes to get that extra performance?
Appreciate 0
      01-05-2022, 07:17 PM   #6
DrivenAgain
MFJWADE
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
With a real custom tune along with TCU tune no. You don't need them.
      01-05-2022, 07:20 PM   #7
m4h2o
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Yes thanks for clearing that up but the aftermarket downpipes do add ponies so my question is for the is it worth it? I dont know how much power is gained
Appreciate 0
      01-05-2022, 08:05 PM   #8
pbonsalb
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 18 F90 M5, 99 E36 M3 Turbo

Some reputable tuners require full or partial catless for their stage 2 tunes, so there must be power to be gained. Whether chasing every last bit is worthwhile to you is another question. The fastest stock turbo M5 are catless, but there are some with half the cats that would be fast enough for me.
Appreciate 0
      01-06-2022, 01:54 PM   #9
AngryInch
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2021 BMW M5 Comp

Not sure if it’s the flow they are after or the safety… cats heat up really hot, higher boost and power, could potentially melt them perhaps. Not to mention the huge amount of extra heat next to the turbos.
Appreciate 0
      01-06-2022, 03:32 PM   #10
DrivenAgain
MFJWADE
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Yes thanks for clearing that up but the aftermarket downpipes do add ponies so my question is for the is it worth it? I dont know how much power is gained
All depends on how fast you want to go. I'm a "stage 1.5" and have achieved all of my goals. I'm faster than some "stage 2" cars down that have meth/full downpipes/lighter wheels. So I'm a believer in that full down pipes are not "needed" to go fast.
5.93 60-130
1/4mi 10.14 @ 138.78mph
      01-06-2022, 06:19 PM   #11
m4h2o
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
All depends on how fast you want to go. I'm a "stage 1.5" and have achieved all of my goals. I'm faster than some "stage 2" cars down that have meth/full downpipes/lighter wheels. So I'm a believer in that full down pipes are not "needed" to go fast.
5.93 60-130
1/4mi 10.14 @ 138.78mph
Wow thats amazing… stage 1.5?!!!
I have never heard of this until now. What exactly is your set up and who did your tune?
Appreciate 0
      01-06-2022, 06:41 PM   #12
DrivenAgain
MFJWADE
Rep

Quote:
I have never heard of this until now. What exactly is your set up and who did your tune?
Probably because I made it up, I don't like the Stage talk never got into it.
-Utku Noa Performance custom ECU E45
-xHP TCU
-Project Gamma lower downpipes
-Project Gamma intake
Stock exhaust, no MPE etc
      01-06-2022, 06:49 PM   #13
m4h2o
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Probably because I made it up, I don't like the Stage talk never got into it.
-Utku Noa Performance custom ECU E45
-xHP TCU
-Project Gamma lower downpipes
-Project Gamma intake
Stock exhaust, no MPE etc
I dont think you could've convinced my 6 year old with that but still funny lol.

Think im just going to get highflow primaries since they are closest to the turbo and wrap them . Gonna leave secondary stock and go with stage 2. Might get dinan cold air and turbo inlets and call it a day. I know theres a ton more i can do but im not looking to break record. Thanks for all the input bud.
Appreciate 1
      01-07-2022, 11:33 AM   #14
eric97hoh
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 bmw m5

Quote:
on your 60-130 pulls are you using 4wd sport and mdm or 4wd sport and dsc off?

Previous BMW model 2018 bmw 340i FBO custom e50 tune 500 wheel
Appreciate 0
      01-07-2022, 11:46 AM   #15
DrivenAgain
MFJWADE
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by eric97hoh View Post
Quote:
on your 60-130 pulls are you using 4wd sport and mdm or 4wd sport and dsc off?
DSC Off/4wd
      01-07-2022, 07:14 PM   #16
Mrbig
Major
Rep
Drives: 15 M3

Quote:

Wat tune ? Wat fuel ?
Appreciate 0
      01-07-2022, 09:26 PM   #17
pbonsalb
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 18 F90 M5, 99 E36 M3 Turbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrbig View Post
Wat tune ? Wat fuel ?
Read 4 posts up from your post.
Appreciate 0