BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW M5 F90 (2018+) General Forums F90 M5 Pricing, Ordering, Tracking, and European Delivery    Canceling / backing out of deal

12-12-2021, 11:20 AM   #23
G30 B58
Pace Car Driver
Rep
Drives: '22 AW G30 B58 M-Sport

We missing a 0?
Appreciate 0
      12-12-2021, 11:42 AM   #24
Dreamer2014
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: Ford Explorer

Quote:
Originally Posted by F32 N55 View Post
We missing a 0?
No...lol..lots of being frugal..years of it... 🤣 72 Chevelle already in the garage... hopefully by mid January M5 will be sitting next to her.
Appreciate 0
      12-26-2021, 08:03 AM   #25
TEGRITY
Captain
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2022 F90 M5C

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreamer2014 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by F32 N55 View Post
We missing a 0?
No...lol..lots of being frugal..years of it... 🤣 72 Chevelle already in the garage... hopefully by mid January M5 will be sitting next to her.
You must have had many lives of being frugal. Jokes apart, if you are unsure about the car, speak to your dealer on the deposit. If not, congrats!
Appreciate 0
      12-26-2021, 02:10 PM   #26
Amsgarage
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 M8 comp, 2021 x7 50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreamer2014 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by CosmicCharlie View Post
This whole situation is really odd… first of all a 10% deposit period is almost unheard of, let alone a non-refundable one. I don't know how else to read that other than the dealer, for whatever reason, didn't view you as a serious customer (and I guess they were correct?). Do you have any kind of relationship/prior purchases with this dealership? I mean, do they require non-refundable 10% down for everybody? Hard to imagine they'd sell very many cars that way.

Then, you seem resigned that you'd just lose that deposit and pass on the car, but also mention it was hard to walk away from the dealer leaving the deposit after placing the order? No offense intended, but there's either a lot of missing info in this story or you are just really bad with money!
Hahaha...no I'm really really good with money..that's why I'm able to afford a car like this on a 45000 per year gross income. Just was entertaining the idea of going a different direction.
Holly shit please teach me your ways of frugality, if I was like you but on my income I'd be able to afford a Bugatti Chiron! No but in all seriousness doe that's an amazing accomplishment and something not manny people would be able to do congrats!
      12-26-2021, 03:19 PM   #27
epicaccord
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: F90 M5

Garage List
  [0.00]
  [0.00]
2019 BMW M5 Competi ...  [0.00]
deal isnt done until you sign contract. deposit is refundable. you're good
Appreciate 0
      12-27-2021, 05:08 PM   #28
micvite
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2009 mazda RX8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abelsgarage View Post
Holly shit please teach me your ways of frugality, if I was like you but on my income I'd be able to afford a Bugatti Chiron! No but in all seriousness doe that's an amazing accomplishment and something not manny people would be able to do congrats!
It's a matter of priorities... for example on my mid to high 6 figure income I can barely afford an m5 because I already spend basically every penny I get because I enjoy fine dining and vacations... if his priorities are his cars and he saves up every penny he can, doesn't eat out, lives with parents/friends to save on a mortgage for example it's very doable.

As a horrible example of what not to do, is me:
I eat out every night, usually the bill ends up being over 1k per night.
I go on lavish vacations, just got back from a week in Atlanta where between shopping and food and hotel a bit over 80k was spent (no extra 0 there unfortunately).
For just me and my wife were currently renting a 5 bd 5.5 bath beach house which is 5500 a month plus all utilities and we plan to buy a multi million home next summer (for no other reason than the fact that it's a nice house)

If you don't do the above things, you'll be able to afford your hobbies much much easier... and honestly the dining is killing me and I'm trying to chill out with it but it's hard once you get used to spending like that.
Appreciate 0
      12-28-2021, 04:43 PM   #29
Dreamer2014
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: Ford Explorer

Yeah it was a long road of driving less than desirable vehicles and save ever chance I had. No mortgage helps immensely. 😂 Now if it ever gets here from the port..I will keep her.
Appreciate 0