BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums Cosmetic Care & Detailing (PPF/Wash/Wax/Detailing/Restoration/Repairs)    M5 protective daily cover

03-27-2021, 03:21 AM   #1
BayDriverSF
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW M5 2021

M5 protective daily cover

I'm getting an M5, but my garage is not yet completed. I will only have street parking for a while. This is not ideal, as there trees above dropping things, and dust from construction in the neighborhood. And of course there's the sun exposure which is not good for the paint and interior.

Therefore, I'll have to cover the M5 daily with a protective cover. Which one should I get? Thx for any tips!
Appreciate 0
      03-27-2021, 07:11 AM   #2
Oswiff
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 m5 comp

I always figured that unless you washed your car every time before you put the cover on, it would probably do more harm than good. I think in the process of putting on the cover all the dirt and dust that you accumulated while driving would leave small scratches when you pulled the cover on and off.
I always figured the car cover was for a clean car and long term storage.
I wouldn't really worry about the sun unless you live in the desert or somewhere similar. Tree sap is a problem as it's a pain to remove and can etch if left for awhile. The construction dust is probably no different than what you would encounter everyday driving around.
Appreciate 0