BMW X5 and X6 Forum 2014-Current
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW X5 and X6 Forum (F15/F16) > BMW X5 (F15) and BMW X6 (F16) Forum > BMW X5 and X6 (F15/F16) Forum

10-22-2013, 06:41 AM   #23
Bug Rx
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 x5 xdrive50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by apw2607 View Post
Cheap? Far from it. The notion that somehow wood denotes luxury is laughable.

I once spoke to a product manager at BMW and we had a good laugh about the wood trims. He couldn't understand it either "wood has no place in a BMW" he said ... But apparently the American market is all about wood trims.

It reminds us all when bmw owned rover ... And they had an obsession with wood trim in cars.
If the American Market is all about wood trims, and that is a sign of luxury to us, then the other options would then still be considered Cheap by American standards. Hence my point!
Appreciate 0
      10-22-2013, 08:21 PM   #24
gvega702
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2004 BMW 325i Premium | Sport

Test drove a $68,000 S Drive 35i yesterday.

I was severely disappointed by the steering. I think it feels absolutely nothing like a BMW to me. I felt very disconnected from the car. Very similar to my test drive to the Audi Q5.
Overall the vehicle is ok IMO. The inside is beautiful, the Exterior is nice but it wasn't very quiet and drove horribly by BMW standards. The main reason I want a BMW is no longer there in this X5.

I long for the days when all BMW were fun to drive... Not just the M's
Appreciate 0
      10-22-2013, 08:54 PM   #25
newbimmerx5
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by gvega702 View Post
Test drove a $68,000 S Drive 35i yesterday.

I was severely disappointed by the steering. I think it feels absolutely nothing like a BMW to me. I felt very disconnected from the car. Very similar to my test drive to the Audi Q5.
Overall the vehicle is ok IMO. The inside is beautiful, the Exterior is nice but it wasn't very quiet and drove horribly by BMW standards. The main reason I want a BMW is no longer there in this X5.

I long for the days when all BMW were fun to drive... Not just the M's
I felt steering is pretty light. But, lot of E70 drivers complained about stiffer steering. I don't know how the current X3 or 5 series steering feels. But, the F15 steering could be little more sturdy.
Appreciate 0