BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW M5 F90 (2018+) General Forums Regional Forums UK    Catless DP with or without OPF?

02-09-2023, 05:11 AM   #1
kenf80
Private
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

Catless DP with or without OPF?

Hey everyone just picked up a 2019 M5C and had a few questions about DP and OPF.

Wanting to do Catless DP and I see 2019> cars have OPF if EU spec. Now is there any issues with running just Catless DP and OPF with stock tune?

I don't mind looking at a CEL but have read about when doing hard pulls the car goes into limp mode?

Also doesn't seem like OPFs have any wiring to them so I feel if I left them in with catless DP there shouldn't be too much of an issue other than the CEL?

thanks
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2023, 12:53 PM   #2
DavidXJ
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F90 M5 Competition

I'd have a chat with the guys at Evolve about this kind of mod. They recently did something similar with a customer's F90 (with the OPF) and it sounded terrific. At the end of the day, though, any exhaust mod that changes the flow through the cats is going to require a remap--at least that's what I've discovered from my research on OPF deletions.

Previous:
G20 M340i
G20 330i M Sport
Appreciate 0
      02-22-2023, 03:37 AM   #3
kenf80
Private
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

Right gotcha. Yeah been chatting with Evolve and been following their channel for a few years as I have an F80.

Installed the Evolve downpipes today on the F90 and god damn this thing sounds legit. Who needs an intake lol the turbo spool is so much louder and the V8 has come alive.

Highly recommend. Fitting was a bit nifty as usual but got them in the end and no rubbing or hitting on anything.
Appreciate 1
DavidXJ663.00