Drives: 2016 Frozen Black F82

Garage List
2001 BMW e46 325i  [0.00]
2016 BMW M4  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by PunjabiM3 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasSurgeon View Post
Hi. Anyone do an aftermarket exhaust on their CS?

Any thoughts or recommendations?
I still have the barely used Remus cat back sitting in my garage that I took off my 2021 LCI M5 when I traded her in for the CS. Have contemplated putting it on the CS, but it is very loud (don't mind that) but has imho too many pops and bangs on backfire when lifting off the throttle. So dunno whether to install or not, otherwise will just sell it. Has all of 2500 miles on it, mint.
Nice!

I actually have a full keller downpipe system that I took off my M5Comp.

It was so loud - I may go with something a little more subdued for the CS.

Akra's are def the best.
      02-08-2022, 03:53 PM   #398
ice7
Captain
Rep
Drives: ///M's

Garage List
2014 BMW M5 Comp  [0.00]
2015 BMW X5M  [0.00]
2022 BMW M5 CS  [0.00]
The CS received full coverage Xpel stealth PPF and ceramic coating by Raj and Luc at Speed & Tech Motoring. Very happy with the results!
Attached Images

Appreciate 6
CFoote179.50
krm347.00
      02-08-2022, 05:04 PM   #399
crypto
Rep
Drives: 2022 M5 CS

Quote:
Originally Posted by PunjabiM3 View Post
Quote:

I still have the barely used Remus cat back sitting in my garage that I took off my 2021 LCI M5 when I traded her in for the CS. Have contemplated putting it on the CS, but it is very loud (don't mind that) but has imho too many pops and bangs on backfire when lifting off the throttle. So dunno whether to install or not, otherwise will just sell it. Has all of 2500 miles on it, mint.
I like my Remus on the M550i. Cold start is a bitch but otherwise it's basically a nice sold note in comfort, loud and semi aggressive in Sport with a good chunk of pops and bangs (usually nice), and it's way aggressively loud and too many pops in bangs in Sport+. Im both enjoying a reprieve from that with my M550i and also craving something a little more comparable with the CS. I like the sound of the car right now though. Going to live with it for a while and see how I feel in a few months. Im beating a dead horse with this comment but I do really wish BMW had outfitted this with the matching bronze-gold exhaust or exhaust tips from their presser/media loaner cars.
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2022, 09:15 PM   #400
phoenixbmwlife
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: M235i & G30 540i

Garage List
2014 BMW/M235i  [0.00]
Quote:

Getting my akra evolution full titanium installed with eisenmann secondary down pipes soon. The akra was delivered last week. The exhaust is extremely light according to my installer. I can't wait to hear it. Should be get it done in a couple weeks just working some stuff out first.

Follow me on Insta

https://www.instagram.com/bmwm_life_/
https://www.instagram.com/autogiftua/
https://www.instagram.com/phoenixbmwlife/
Appreciate 1
      02-08-2022, 10:02 PM   #401
Jaymelo238
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: Bmw f90 m5

Yeah I am going full catback FI exhaust as soon as I hit 1200 miles service and then Keller down pipes 😎
Appreciate 1
      02-09-2022, 10:24 AM   #402
TexasSurgeon
Private First Class
Rep

Garage List
2016 BMW M4  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaymelo238 View Post
Yeah I am going full catback FI exhaust as soon as I hit 1200 miles service and then Keller down pipes 😎
Keller downpipes are badass.

I had them on my M5comp. Extremely loud.
Set off car alarms everyday…
      02-09-2022, 04:38 PM   #403
RAUDERRIPPER
Captain
Rep
Drives: F85 X5M

Hey guys does remote start come with the CS?

Riding in my buddy's new x3m comp and he told me it wasn't included in the executive package and got me thinking.
      02-09-2022, 04:40 PM   #404
RAUDERRIPPER
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Primary or secondary? CEL with the primary, right?
      02-09-2022, 05:19 PM   #405
Ex_Stig
Colonel
Rep
Drives: '24 X7 M60i

Garage List
2024 BMW X7 M60  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by RAUDERRIPPER View Post

Riding in my buddy's new x3m comp and he told me it wasn't included in the executive package and got me thinking.
Yes. Once enabled in the climate control settings of the iDrive you can remote start by pressing the lock button 3 times consecutively.

You can also remote start via the My BMW app.

'25 M5 Touring (on the list, first slot)
'24 X7 M60i
'22 M5 CS - (sold)
Appreciate 1
      02-09-2022, 08:03 PM   #406
Day Laborer
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: M5 CS / iX 50i

Garage List
  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ex Stig View Post
Quote:

Yes. Once enabled in the climate control settings of the iDrive you can remote start by pressing the lock button 3 times consecutively.

Can you take a screenshot of that option to remote start in the bmw app? I searched and cannot find it
Part-time with Next Level Auto Brokers, LLC https://www.instagram.com/nextlevelautobrokers/
Appreciate 1
      02-09-2022, 09:07 PM   #407
phoenixbmwlife
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: M235i & G30 540i

Garage List
2014 BMW/M235i  [0.00]
Quote:

Some markets don't have this option. I'm so happy the US does as I use it every morning to warm up my car before I drive off. Now I don't have to walk down 5 flights of stairs back and fourth just to get the engine warm in the mornings.

Follow me on Insta

https://www.instagram.com/bmwm_life_/
https://www.instagram.com/autogiftua/
https://www.instagram.com/phoenixbmwlife/
Appreciate 1
      02-09-2022, 09:08 PM   #408
RAUDERRIPPER
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

Great to know, thanks.
      02-09-2022, 09:09 PM   #409
RAUDERRIPPER
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Day Laborer View Post
Quote:
Quote:

Can you take a screenshot of that option to remote start in the bmw app? I searched and cannot find it
This is how I did it on my X5MC. Need to set it up in-car first.
Attached Images

02-09-2022, 10:02 PM   #410
Ex_Stig
Colonel
Rep
Drives: '24 X7 M60i

Garage List
2024 BMW X7 M60  [10.00]
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

It's this button on the app. The one to start the climate control.
Attached Images

'25 M5 Touring (on the list, first slot)
'24 X7 M60i
'22 M5 CS - (sold)
Appreciate 2
      02-10-2022, 05:12 AM   #411
Jaymelo238
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Yesir I am doing both so fully catless and cel light comes on for primary's.

Anyone concerns about going fully catless?
Well they shouldn't if they have a good dealer. My dealerships have known me for 8+ years and I have had 2 f90 M5's with catless downpipes and full exhaust , gotten fully serviced at every service mileage no problem. As long as you don't tune , BMW workers don't care , they actually love to see the highest end cars to sound as nice as possible.

Finally have her… I LOVE HER SO MUCH! So beautiful and Big shout out to Capital Autobhand in Richmond. They did state of the art job with Xpel stealth and ceramic coating. Honestly feels like the car has body armor 😎 and the frozen paint shines … ahhhh man 😍😍.
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
      02-10-2022, 05:18 AM   #412
Jaymelo238
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Keller downpipes are badass.

I had them on my M5comp. Extremely loud.
Set off car alarms everyday…
Haha yeah man but they are so amazing! I swear hearing the full sound of this engine is intoxicating but it's actually not too bad with the valves whenever you want it quiet.

I can't wait to see how it will be on the CS , it's what this track monster deserves 😎
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2022, 08:53 AM   #413
RAUDERRIPPER
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Well they shouldn't if they have a good dealer. My dealerships have known me for 8+ years and I have had 2 f90 M5's with catless downpipes and full exhaust , gotten fully serviced at every service mileage no problem. As long as you don't tune , BMW workers don't care , they actually love to see the highest end cars to sound as nice as possible.

Finally have her… I LOVE HER SO MUCH! So beautiful and Big shout out to Capital Autobhand in Richmond. They did state of the art job with Xpel stealth and ceramic coating. Honestly feels like the car has body armor 😎 and the frozen paint shines … ahhhh man 😍😍.
Make sure you upload a sound clip!

Concerns? Just smell and CEL. I had Catless DP in my x5mc and it sounded great. But 02 Mini cats only tricked the car into thinking all was good for about 1 week and then CEL came back on. Had a relationship w the dealer so it was all good. There was a bigger drawback though. The CEL also messes with the computers ability to remote start, but that's just my experience, maybe it's different with the M5.

What're you going to do for CEL? Just leave it?

I get why people do it but I think this time around I'll be doing secondary dp with MPerformance titanium exhaust. Don't want to sacrifice remote start, and honestly the smell killed it for me especially waiting at red lights with the windows open if the weather was decent. Couldn't even wait to pick up my lady from work with the windows open bc it stunk so badly, needed to run recirculation in the climate control windows closed just to breathe nicely. Ill gladly sacrifice some DBs for the practicality.

Maybe I'm just getting older lol.
      02-10-2022, 02:00 PM   #414
TexasSurgeon
Private First Class
Rep

Garage List
2016 BMW M4  [0.00]
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Concerns? Just smell and CEL. I had Catless DP in my x5mc and it sounded great. But 02 Mini cats only tricked the car into thinking all was good for about 1 week and then CEL came back on. Had a relationship w the dealer so it was all good. There was a bigger drawback though. The CEL also messes with the computers ability to remote start, but that's just my experience, maybe it's different with the M5.

I get why people do it but I think this time around I'll be doing secondary dp with MPerformance titanium exhaust. Don't want to sacrifice remote start, and honestly the smell killed it for me especially waiting at red lights with the windows open if the weather was decent. Couldn't even wait to pick up my lady from work with the windows open bc it stunk so badly, needed to run recirculation in the climate control windows closed just to breathe nicely. Ill gladly sacrifice some DBs for the practicality.

Smell with Keller DP was minimal.

Rarely did not notice it.

It did trip the CEL. Dealer did not care - have a great relationship with them. They loved when I brought the car in. Everyone would come listen to it. They even swapped them out for me when I just traded it in for the CS. 🙌🏽
      02-10-2022, 05:17 PM   #415
RAUDERRIPPER
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

It did trip the CEL. Dealer did not care - have a great relationship with them. They loved when I brought the car in. Everyone would come listen to it. They even swapped them out for me when I just traded it in for the CS. 🙌🏽
I'm not worried about the dealer so much as it's annoying to see the CEL on. Does your remote start work with it on?
      02-10-2022, 08:34 PM   #416
TexasSurgeon
Private First Class
Rep

Garage List
2016 BMW M4  [0.00]
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

I'm not worried about the dealer so much as it's annoying to see the CEL on. Does your remote start work with it on?
This was on my '19 M5C. Did not have remote start
      02-10-2022, 08:41 PM   #417
Jaymelo238
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Yeah the smell isn't bad unless you're behind the car. For me the CEL didn't bother me so i left it alone. The sound was worth it too me.

Unfortunately the remote start won't work if the CEL light comes on which is essentially removing the primary downpipes.

Yes I will definitely leave sound clips, I was also thinking about just leaving the primary's stock but the CS deserves the best 😎
Appreciate 1
      02-11-2022, 08:04 PM   #418
Kstoff125
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW m4

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

It's this button on the app. The one to start the climate control.
I would have never found that…only BMW would do something like that…its an app on a touch screen…just add another button :-)
Appreciate 0