E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > Windshield defect on my new 330i

06-03-2005, 07:44 AM   #23
- Paul -
Major General
England
Rep
Drives: see above.

Garage List
2005 320D SE  [10.00]
2005 645  [9.00]
Excuse my ignorance...but whats an SA?

When I picked up my car - it had a mark exactly where silverado said. I mentioned it, The dealer come back in 2 mins and it had gone. Magic Spray?
Appreciate 0
      06-03-2005, 08:21 AM   #24
SiR
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: E34 525i, E92 335i

Hope is becomes a lesson for everybody picking up their new car; if you spent one hour inspecting the car yourself before leaving the lot, you did not go though enough.
Appreciate 0
      06-03-2005, 08:41 AM   #25
silverado
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2018 M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by SiR
Hope is becomes a lesson for everybody picking up their new car; if you spent one hour inspecting the car yourself before leaving the lot, you did not go though enough.
That's a good suggestion. However, I doubt I would have seen this in my case. I could only see this when I'm turning or the car is moving because I notice this in-inch area of distortion in the windshied as images go through it. If you are sitting in the driver's seat but not driving or just looking at the windshield from the outside, it is very hard to notice.
Appreciate 0
      06-03-2005, 08:45 AM   #26
silverado
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2018 M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tierfreund
Now THAT should NEVER happen. Take it up with the SA and make very clear that it is not acaptable. Any mechanic worth his paycheck should know how to prevent dirtying a customer car.
What's an SA? The problem is time, who has time to go there again to take care of this I might try to go back on Saturday and complain about it.

I will make it a habit to check for cleanliness after their work from now on.
Appreciate 0
      06-03-2005, 01:04 PM   #27
johnfkitchen
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 323is & 330i

silverado

Since you live in Massachusetts and plan to drive in the winter, you'll no doubt need a replacement windshield in a winter or two anyway.

So one view is that since you will be replacing the windshield anyway, why not get them to do it now. Alternatively, if the inconvenience is not too great, get the dealer to agree (in writing) to replace it, but to defer the replacement until it is at a time of YOUR convenience.

Coincidentally, I have a '98 323is in the shop for some rust fixing. Nothing major as far as the rust is concerned, but we like to keep this car in good shape. The rust is mainly around the windshield, probably as a result of damage caused by previous windshield replacements. (There is a lesson! Maybe the less windshield replacement the better!!) So it required removal of the glass. Of course, it broke. That's to be expected. But these guys did not have a new glass on hand, so they left it a few days to get another one in. It arrived broken. So did the next one. And the next one. And the fourth one. :mad: The plan is to bring another one in from California next Wednesday (today is Friday). If that is not broken, we'll get our 323 back only TWO WEEKS LATE! :mad: :mad:

The moral of the story is make sure that they have the glass unbroken in the shop before you hand over the car.

Another moral is don't use Body Shop World in Worcester, Mass, unless you have endless patience and don't mind paying for car rental out of your own pocket. The good thing is these people won't bug you by calling you up to let you know about their latest screw-up. They'll have an endless source of surprises in store for you.
Appreciate 0