BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW M5 F90 (2018+) General Forums Engine, Exhaust, Drivetrain, Tuning Modifications    Stage 2 M5 Qs for potential new owner

06-13-2023, 05:46 PM   #1
meatRocket879
Registered
Rep
Drives: Cadillac ATS-V, Chevy Corv Z06

Stage 2 M5 Qs for potential new owner

Hi All, first post. Thinking about selling my 7xx wph manual sedan ATS-V and picking up an M5C. I have some questions for those that have had success with basic bolt on (downpipes, intake, ecu and trans tunes) longevity. Looking at M5C, E63-s, and distant maybe a CTS-V3. M5 seems like the best bang for the buck at the moment.

1. What oil do you run? I run 5w50 in my V to *hopefully* keep the bearings from spinning. I'm very good with maintenance and change oil every 3k miles.

2. Plugs. What plugs are recommended and what gap are people having success with?

3. What tuners are recommended? I intend to daily the car, but still want whatever i can get safely out of the car on 93 and an e blend.

4. Trans tunes... I read about some 100 launch limit from factory to save some solenoids... have any trans tune (xHp?) guys had issues?

Thanks everyone.
Appreciate 0
      06-14-2023, 03:24 PM   #2
916_M5
IG: @M5RCY_
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW F90 M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by meatRocket879 View Post
Hi All, first post. Thinking about selling my 7xx wph manual sedan ATS-V and picking up an M5C. I have some questions for those that have had success with basic bolt on (downpipes, intake, ecu and trans tunes) longevity. Looking at M5C, E63-s, and distant maybe a CTS-V3. M5 seems like the best bang for the buck at the moment.

1. What oil do you run? I run 5w50 in my V to *hopefully* keep the bearings from spinning. I'm very good with maintenance and change oil every 3k miles.

2. Plugs. What plugs are recommended and what gap are people having success with?

3. What tuners are recommended? I intend to daily the car, but still want whatever i can get safely out of the car on 93 and an e blend.

4. Trans tunes... I read about some 100 launch limit from factory to save some solenoids... have any trans tune (xHp?) guys had issues?

Thanks everyone.
Welcome to the forum. I see this is your first post. To save the time of my fellow forum mates, all 4 of your questions are heavily asked/answer on our forums in great detail. They are the most common questions and a simple use of the search function would yield all the answers you seek.

Just know that switching over to the F90 will be the best decision you've mad from a car perspective.

Happy searching fam
Appreciate 0