BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW M5 F90 (2018+) General Forums Regional Forums USA - Southwest    Good drives in the Houston area

09-04-2019, 06:59 PM   #1
avi8tir
Captain
Rep
Drives: ///M

Good drives in the Houston area

I've lived in Houston for a total of 5.5 years. For 5 years and then to Europe for 3 and now back for almost 6 months.

In my research in my first 5 years I basically concluded you have to drive 2 hours to get to any decent roads. I grew up in southern california where there are endless canyon or mountain roads and fun beach cruises to do. Let's just say that, like many many many many other things I didn't/don't like about Houston, this was one of them.

Now that I am back and have the new car, I want to see if anyone has any recommendations. I live in town and would like to find something that is 3 - 4 hours max. I don't want to spend an entire saturday.

Ideas?

I just mapped this. have to drop a friend at bush on sunday. any good bbq along this route?
Attached Images

Last edited by avi8tir; 09-04-2019 at 07:19 PM..
Appreciate 2
norbtx337.00
      05-22-2023, 11:34 PM   #2
info@ezcarbonfiber.com
Banned
Rep
Drives: BMW G82 M4

I live in spring and have no idea where to go, was in SOCAL as well, the land is just different here.
Appreciate 1
      06-02-2023, 10:26 PM   #3
FourPtDrift
This is my unique custom title
United_States
Rep
Drives: '21 F90 M5C, '20 F83 M4C

Wow. What a post to find after a bit of a hiatus from BimmerPost. I haven't been on BimmerPost in quite some time - been very busy with a host of other things - and as of April, we've fully relocated to Houston - and I signed on to the regional forum for the Southwest and what do I find!

So, I'm originally from Los Angeles - born and raised - spent the last decade in the Silicon Valley area - and was missing the L.A. roads and canyons while in the SF Bay Area. And of course, was concerned I'd slipped even further away from the L.A. driving road past with our move to Houston. Lack of local elevation changes aside - we are thrilled to be in Houston. We've joined the local BMW CCA chapter (along with the Austin and Dallas chapters) and we've very much looking forward to exploring our new home State. So with that said avi8tir , thank you very much for posting that route. Are you a member of the BMW CCA of Houston? Would be good to see you at the next event...

Regards,

Daniel

Quote:
Originally Posted by avi8tir View Post
I've lived in Houston for a total of 5.5 years. For 5 years and then to Europe for 3 and now back for almost 6 months.

In my research in my first 5 years I basically concluded you have to drive 2 hours to get to any decent roads. I grew up in southern california where there are endless canyon or mountain roads and fun beach cruises to do. Let's just say that, like many many many many other things I didn't/don't like about Houston, this was one of them.

Now that I am back and have the new car, I want to see if anyone has any recommendations. I live in town and would like to find something that is 3 - 4 hours max. I don't want to spend an entire saturday.

Ideas?

I just mapped this. have to drop a friend at bush on sunday. any good bbq along this route?

2021 F90 Comp LCI Frozen Marina Bay Blue/Aragon Brown Full Merino
2020 F83 Comp LCI Porsche Chalk/Black Full Merino
2018 F82 Comp LCI Mineral White/Sakhir Orange (Sold)
2017 F83 Comp Black Saphhire/Sakhir Orange (Sold)
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2023, 10:29 PM   #4
FourPtDrift
This is my unique custom title
United_States
Rep
Drives: '21 F90 M5C, '20 F83 M4C

Quote:
Originally Posted by info@ezcarbonfiber.com View Post
I live in spring and have no idea where to go, was in SOCAL as well, the land is just different here.
And yet another SoCal native - here in the Houston area! I do recommend you join the local CCA chapter - I am keen on bringing the driving events I used to enjoy with both the Los Angeles CCA and Golden Gate CCA chapters to the Houston area.

-Daniel

2021 F90 Comp LCI Frozen Marina Bay Blue/Aragon Brown Full Merino
2020 F83 Comp LCI Porsche Chalk/Black Full Merino
2018 F82 Comp LCI Mineral White/Sakhir Orange (Sold)
2017 F83 Comp Black Saphhire/Sakhir Orange (Sold)
Appreciate 0
      06-05-2023, 01:46 AM   #5
info@ezcarbonfiber.com
Banned
Rep
Drives: BMW G82 M4

Im in the facebook group. Let me know if there is somewhere we can run around instead of just let the car sit there.
Appreciate 0