BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW M5 F90 (2018+) General Forums F90 M5 General Forum    Been to Tesla PLAID for almost a year and back to ///M5 First Edition

06-22-2022, 02:21 PM   #89
Ezio
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2023 Alfa Romeo, 2023 m240i

Quote:
Originally Posted by daytonaviolet View Post
What's ignorant is thinking changes can happen that fast. We all do our part. 🤪

Changes are happening quick. I think people are going to be shocked by the end of this decade. If you want a decent sounding car I would place a order and keep it forever.
Appreciate 2
soooma1376.50
      06-22-2022, 06:48 PM   #90
soooma
///MD
United_States
Rep
Drives: M5 F90

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greer View Post
To Op:

How heavy did the Plaid feel around town in everyday driving compared to the M5 Competition?
It felt probably lighter than M5 in my opinion
Suspension was awesome being air suspension
One strength actually! But handling is a different story! It was decent but M5 even when you feel the heft you enjoy throwing it at corners!
Appreciate 0
      06-22-2022, 10:31 PM   #91
TFBravo
Some Guy
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 GX460, 2022 M5C

Garage List
This thread was featured in an online automotive article lol. For one with Plaid being fast does not make an M5 slow, nothing about driving an M5 or my sold 2020 E63S made me think I wish this thing was faster. All of these cars are jail time fast and Plaid is even more so unusable on a public road.

Secondly some comments mentioned a Hellcat, an M5 will absolutely beat a Hellcat, redeye included. There are plenty of street racing videos to prove it, in fact JB4 M4 beats stock Redeyes on a roll. That's not even a proper tune.

Lastly I don't feel people appreicate the car. M5 CS is probably the greatest 4 door sport sedan ever made to date, with M5C following close second. It's one of the last amazing machines to be made and I'm a prior E63s owner. The gimmicky acceleration of Plaid will never replace that, it's crowd that the Plaid will wear until another manufacturer makes their version of Plaid, easy as that. Lucid already kind of did that. Now Making another car to be as great as M5 that's something that I doubt will ever happen. Maybe the S68 will be the last great, but as of now the F90 M5 is a GOAT.
Appreciate 1
soooma1376.50
      06-23-2022, 03:19 AM   #92
soooma
///MD
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by TFBravo View Post
This thread was featured in an online automotive article lol. For one with Plaid being fast does not make an M5 slow, nothing about driving an M5 or my sold 2020 E63S made me think I wish this thing was faster. All of these cars are jail time fast and Plaid is even more so unusable on a public road.

Secondly some comments mentioned a Hellcat, an M5 will absolutely beat a Hellcat, redeye included. There are plenty of street racing videos to prove it, in fact JB4 M4 beats stock Redeyes on a roll. That's not even a proper tune.

Lastly I don't feel people appreicate the car. M5 CS is probably the greatest 4 door sport sedan ever made to date, with M5C following close second. It's one of the last amazing machines to be made and I'm a prior E63s owner. The gimmicky acceleration of Plaid will never replace that, it's crowd that the Plaid will wear until another manufacturer makes their version of Plaid, easy as that. Lucid already kind of did that. Now Making another car to be as great as M5 that's something that I doubt will ever happen. Maybe the S68 will be the last great, but as of now the F90 M5 is a GOAT.
Nice post,
Thanks
Appreciate 0
      06-23-2022, 05:49 AM   #93
soooma
///MD
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobkalka View Post
Really enjoyed your write up! Looks like your M5 is Aventurin Red, what's your opinion of that compared to the Tesla multi coat?
Thank you!
I like Tesla red more! But UNIQUE wins the prize for me! As that frozen red is just mesmerizing and while cleaning the car at a gas station I was approached with 1 hour by 3 people about "The wrap"

Cheers
Appreciate 0
      06-23-2022, 05:51 AM   #94
soooma
///MD
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by gblansten View Post
I'm pretty much getting into a Plaid in December and getting out of my leased 2020 M5. Which I do love. Interesting to get your take. Thanks.
Thanks
I hope I am not raining on any body's parade!
Not my intention!
Appreciate 0
      06-23-2022, 06:38 AM   #95
gblansten
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 23 Tesla S Plaid

Quote:
Originally Posted by soooma View Post
Thanks
Not my intention!
Thoroughly enjoyed the write up. It's your honest opinions you offered. Glad you did. I just want to scratch the Tesla itch at least once.
Appreciate 1
soooma1376.50
      06-23-2022, 09:56 AM   #96
daddymalu
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M5

I am a BMW fan boy through and through. Had several m5s, an m6 and just traded out of a x5m to get the plaid. What the model s did to the car industry is similar to what the iPhone did to the smart phone industry. It just made everyone step up their game. So far on the plaid I do miss CarPlay, the soft close doors, lighted up door sills and leather on the doors etc. The Tesla also has some features that I would miss if I went to BMW like the air suspension and automatically opening my garage door, not to mention it is stupid fast in a straight line and I won't have to stop at a gas station and spend $6 a gallon on gas.
Appreciate 1
soooma1376.50
      06-23-2022, 09:31 PM   #97
snowbimmer
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 M850 GC - Carbon Black

Garage List
2022 M850 GC  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ezio View Post
Quote:
What's ignorant is thinking changes can happen that fast. We all do our part. 🤪

Changes are happening quick. I think people are going to be shocked by the end of this decade. If you want a decent sounding car I would place a order and keep it forever.
But what will you gas it up with in 10 years, after they've outlawed gasoline? You know they want to.

It will be The Night of the Living Dead. And, they're coming to get you, Barbara.
Appreciate 1
soooma1376.50
      06-27-2022, 04:19 PM   #98
BlueString
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2013 550i, 2021 F90 M5

Nice detailed post by the OP. I agree. Leased one of the first Model X that came out in 2016 and the novelty of an EV wore off really quick for me. I can't agree more with the fit and finish. Nevertheless, have to give credit to Elon for the paradigm shift in the auto industry to EV where it is today.

I don't see EV being the only option moving forward. I think hybrid and EV will be the 2 options going forward. I don't think the U.S., let alone the world, will have the infrastructure to support 100% EV. Existing power grids already have issues prior to EVs coming into the scene. I read it will take trillions of dollars to have an infrastructure to support 100% EV. One day maybe, but not in our lifetime. I could be wrong.

As for clean energy, the carbon footprint for batteries isn't all that better. If the argument is to sever our dependence on the big oil conglomerates then yes.
Appreciate 1
soooma1376.50
      06-27-2022, 04:29 PM   #99
snowbimmer
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 M850 GC - Carbon Black

Garage List
2022 M850 GC  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueString View Post
As for clean energy, the carbon footprint for batteries isn't all that better. If the argument is to sever our dependence on the big oil conglomerates then yes.
This ^^

Which will just lead to dependence on the big battery conglomerates. Give it 10 more years.

Face it: Ya can't win.
Appreciate 1
soooma1376.50
      06-27-2022, 06:10 PM   #100
soooma
///MD
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by gblansten View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by soooma View Post
Thanks
Not my intention!
Thoroughly enjoyed the write up. It's your honest opinions you offered. Glad you did. I just want to scratch the Tesla itch at least once.
No regrets I promise
Believe if or not if I go back I would still grab that Tesla! I've enjoyed that rocket ship, but it just didn't fill the void the ///M has left behind! Big shoes to fill man big shoes!!
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2023, 12:06 PM   #101
I8FANATIC
Rep
Drives: a few exotics

Have a 2022 MS Plaid and can say without question…. The best DD I’ve ever owned. Easy charging- great tech- safety OTA updates- comfort- and ridiculously fast
Will eat supercars for lunch 👍
Appreciate 1
      08-30-2023, 12:15 PM   #102
daytonaviolet
OEM CSL Whore
Philippines
Rep
Drives: 2017 F85 X5M

Quote:
Originally Posted by I8FANATIC View Post
Have a 2022 MS Plaid and can say without question…. The best DD I’ve ever owned. Easy charging- great tech- safety OTA updates- comfort- and ridiculously fast
Will eat supercars for lunch 👍
Added this to my plaid few months ago 🫣

Telsa Track Package 😜

Carbon Ceramic Brake Kit:
2x 410 x 40mm carbon-silicon carbide front rotors
2x 410 x 32mm carbon-silicon carbide rear rotors
2x 6-piston one-piece, forged front calipers with high-performance brake pads
2x 4-piston one-piece, forged rear calipers with high-performance brake pads
2x integrated, caliper-mounted parking brakes
Track-ready brake fluid
Updated firmware tuned for peak performance
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      08-30-2023, 02:46 PM   #103
I8FANATIC
Rep

Quote:
Added this to my plaid few months ago 🫣

Telsa Track Package 😜

Carbon Ceramic Brake Kit:
2x 410 x 40mm carbon-silicon carbide front rotors
2x 410 x 32mm carbon-silicon carbide rear rotors
2x 6-piston one-piece, forged front calipers with high-performance brake pads
2x 4-piston one-piece, forged rear calipers with high-performance brake pads
2x integrated, caliper-mounted parking brakes
Track-ready brake fluid
Updated firmware tuned for peak performance
Awesome 🤘I heard the track package set up is incredible. How are you liking the car overall anything you don’t like?
Appreciate 1
      08-30-2023, 03:02 PM   #104
daytonaviolet
OEM CSL Whore
Philippines
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by I8FANATIC View Post
Awesome 🤘I heard the track package set up is incredible. How are you liking the car overall anything you don’t like?
The car has a lot of flaws but is one of the best daily driver. It’s fast and now brakes very well. Main complaints some fitment issues and so many updates, older plaids miss so many new items.
Appreciate 0
      09-02-2023, 04:34 PM   #105
I8FANATIC
Rep

Quote:
The car has a lot of flaws but is one of the best daily driver. It’s fast and now brakes very well. Main complaints some fitment issues and so many updates, older plaids miss so many new items.

With the new Tesla model S price cuts you can purchase a brand new model S plaid now for 90 K pretty insane for with the car is capable of.
Was just a few short years ago the car was 140 K
Appreciate 1
      09-02-2023, 05:05 PM   #106
daytonaviolet
OEM CSL Whore
Philippines
Rep

Now is a good time to buy m. But for others, it’s not the price. A lot of die hard bmw folk still don’t like Tesla. They say it has no soul because of no exhaust note.
Appreciate 0
      09-06-2023, 01:00 PM   #107
norbtx
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW M5

Wish the M5 seats could go lower.
Appreciate 0
      04-08-2024, 11:22 PM   #108
ChampBattery
Registered
Rep
Drives: Model Y

The Tesla Plaid is incredibly fast, but speed isn't everything.
Appreciate 1
      04-08-2024, 11:36 PM   #109
daytonaviolet
OEM CSL Whore
Philippines
Rep

[QUOTE=ChampBattery;31057644]The Tesla Plaid is incredibly fast, but speed isn't everything.

Exactly 👍 you really have to really like the technology and the way it looks.

For example, I really wanted to like the G90 M3. I’ve an e30, e36, e46 and an f85 ///M’s. But I could never get past the large kidneys. Perhaps next gen ///M I’ll be back 😉
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2024, 07:00 AM   #110
Alberta
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: F90

G90 M3, really ?
Appreciate 1