BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW M5 F90 (2018+) General Forums Cosmetic Modifications    After market steering wheel

09-11-2021, 05:56 AM   #89
Slugsy01
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E63s AMG Estate

Quote:
Originally Posted by edwarjejeega View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by euro* View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by edwarjejeega View Post
Heated still works on the 9 & 3 position. Vibration/lane assist (Auto steer back into lane if swerving out) works. Only thing I couldn't transfer over was my driver assistance brain (basically BMWs auto pilot) because the company cut up the slot that was supposed to be inserted for that. Had no room with all the other wires to put it elsewhere unfortunately.
Looks awesome. Which company made yours??
No website but if you have Instagram they're @carbonbargain. People are weary of sharing prices because it's different for everybody and since I have a 850 and not a M5/M8, my wheel core is a bit cheaper (no M1/M2 button/module for it) everything else is the same between mine and a M8 wheel. I'm giving you this reference just incase they propose a high price in case you were to ask them for a quote. I got mine with heated/lane assist, full carbon trim, carbon paddles and buttons included with led shift light screen (big regret lol) for $1800 OTD!

If you have any questions and want to talk my Instagram is @edwarjejeega. I'm very easy to reach there. Even if you would need help with the installation process, don't do what I did and spend $350. It can easily be done at home in 30 mins as long as you have the tools.

Edit: more angles
That looks pretty cool!
Appreciate 0
      06-29-2022, 04:42 PM   #90
bobozapper
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 G05 2022

Quote:
Originally Posted by m3cs76 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTATX View Post
Exact same issue. I sent my oem wheel to them and they are working on modifying it. Process started back in fall last year and we are still working on it. SMH
Well, that's not encouraging. Thanks.

Did anyone ever figure this out? I just got my wheel from Aza Autowheel installed and lost my Drivers Assistance features. The radar cruise works, but the lane keeper doesn't…

I have a 2022 G05 for what it's worth…
Appreciate 0
      07-02-2022, 10:40 PM   #91
Maverik259
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: F90 M5 / F15 50i

Garage List
2020 BMW M5  [10.00]
2014 X5 50i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobozapper View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by m3cs76 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTATX View Post
Exact same issue. I sent my oem wheel to them and they are working on modifying it. Process started back in fall last year and we are still working on it. SMH
Well, that's not encouraging. Thanks.

Did anyone ever figure this out? I just got my wheel from Aza Autowheel installed and lost my Drivers Assistance features. The radar cruise works, but the lane keeper doesn't…

I have a 2022 G05 for what it's worth…
Get it coded out. I have my steering wheel sensor coded "on" so I don't have to keep my hands on the wheel. The sensor was finicky at best and always lost sense of my hands even when on the wheel.
'14 X5 50i (wife’s now)
Appreciate 0
      07-04-2022, 06:43 PM   #92
micvite
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2009 mazda RX8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverik259 View Post
Get it coded out. I have my steering wheel sensor coded "on" so I don't have to keep my hands on the wheel. The sensor was finicky at best and always lost sense of my hands even when on the wheel.
That's a thing? Where in the coding is this located (what module what parameter)? Would love to not have to keep hands on wheel lol.
Appreciate 0
      07-04-2022, 10:48 PM   #93
Maverik259
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: F90 M5 / F15 50i

Garage List
2020 BMW M5  [10.00]
2014 X5 50i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by micvite View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverik259 View Post
That's a thing? Where in the coding is this located (what module what parameter)? Would love to not have to keep hands on wheel lol.
Oh idk. I paid a guy when he did my LCI tail lights. Lol
'14 X5 50i (wife’s now)
Appreciate 0