BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW M5 F90 (2018+) General Forums Regional Forums CANADA    Order Experience 2022 M5C in Ontario

03-19-2022, 04:28 PM   #1
all
Canada
Rep
Drives: M5 Competition

Garage List
Order Experience 2022 M5C in Ontario

I have had an M5C on order since July 2021 and the car was built in November and has been in Bremerhaven ever since. Has else been waiting on an order with a similar timeline and are you getting any updates from your dealer or BMW Canada? I understand there are chip shortages but the lack of information, or willingness to share, it quite astonishing.
Appreciate 0
      03-31-2022, 08:24 AM   #2
ChuggerChug
Rep
Drives: 2022 M5C

In the same boat, kinda. Placed my order in early Feb. The only update I got from the dealer is that BMW accepted my order, whatever that means. Like great, thanks for agreeing to take my money. Went back and forth with the dealer over text trying to get an ETA to no avail. Apparently only so many are allocated for Canada in 22, yada, yada I should be satisfied that they confirmed my order. The only timeline I was able to pry out of them that the delivery will be at some point over the summer, but judging from your post I am not going to hold my breath. They can’t even tell me if it’s going to be a 22 or 23.

Curious, how did you find out that your car was already built? I asked them about some self serve tracking (my buddy had this when he bought his Porsche), again got nothing.
Appreciate 0
      03-31-2022, 08:41 AM   #3
all
Canada
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuggerChug View Post
In the same boat, kinda. Placed my order in early Feb. The only update I got from the dealer is that BMW accepted my order, whatever that means. Like great, thanks for agreeing to take my money. Went back and forth with the dealer over text trying to get an ETA to no avail. Apparently only so many are allocated for Canada in 22, yada, yada I should be satisfied that they confirmed my order. The only timeline I was able to pry out of them that the delivery will be at some point over the summer, but judging from your post I am not going to hold my breath. They can’t even tell me if it’s going to be a 22 or 23.

Curious, how did you find out that your car was already built? I asked them about some self serve tracking (my buddy had this when he bought his Porsche), again got nothing.
Quote:
In the same boat, kinda. Placed my order in early Feb. The only update I got from the dealer is that BMW accepted my order, whatever that means. Like great, thanks for agreeing to take my money. Went back and forth with the dealer over text trying to get an ETA to no avail. Apparently only so many are allocated for Canada in 22, yada, yada I should be satisfied that they confirmed my order. The only timeline I was able to pry out of them that the delivery will be at some point over the summer, but judging from your post I am not going to hold my breath. They can't even tell me if it's going to be a 22 or 23.

You have probably already noticed that information about orders in the USA is completely different than in Canada. Even BMW Canada acknowledged, or at least the person I spoke with, that the information reporting to customers is poor at best. Up until the RAM issue the best information came from my sales associate, I.e. the various stages of order acceptance through production. Once built, getting good information was difficult to non existent. When I follow activity in the US it seems clear that those cars take precedence over little ol' Canada. I remain optimistic that my car will be on one of the 4 ships stopping in Halifax during April. In the end I am going to remain optimistic. I am certain this is going to be an amazing car. Good luck.
Appreciate 0
      03-31-2022, 11:42 AM   #4
Dual.V8
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: m5 f90

Garage List
  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by all View Post
Quote:
In the same boat, kinda. Placed my order in early Feb. The only update I got from the dealer is that BMW accepted my order, whatever that means. Like great, thanks for agreeing to take my money. Went back and forth with the dealer over text trying to get an ETA to no avail. Apparently only so many are allocated for Canada in 22, yada, yada I should be satisfied that they confirmed my order. The only timeline I was able to pry out of them that the delivery will be at some point over the summer, but judging from your post I am not going to hold my breath. They can't even tell me if it's going to be a 22 or 23.

Quote:

You have probably already noticed that information about orders in the USA is completely different than in Canada. Even BMW Canada acknowledged, or at least the person I spoke with, that the information reporting to customers is poor at best. Up until the RAM issue the best information came from my sales associate, I.e. the various stages of order acceptance through production. Once built, getting good information was difficult to non existent. When I follow activity in the US it seems clear that those cars take precedence over little ol' Canada. I remain optimistic that my car will be on one of the 4 ships stopping in Halifax during April. In the end I am going to remain optimistic. I am certain this is going to be an amazing car. Good luck.
Same here
The lack of information is outrageous!
I can suggest you to put your vin on this website and check if the recall is closed or not
You should be on the April Boat

https://vincheck.info/vin-recall-check/bmw-recalls
      03-31-2022, 01:15 PM   #5
all
Canada
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dual.V8 View Post
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:

Same here
I can suggest you to put your vin on this website and check if the recall is closed or not

Check every day. Still open. But thank you for the input.
Appreciate 0
      03-31-2022, 01:35 PM   #6
micvite
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2009 mazda RX8

Quote:
I have had an M5C on order since July 2021 and the car was built in November and has been in Bremerhaven ever since. Has else been waiting on an order with a similar timeline and are you getting any updates from your dealer or BMW Canada? I understand there are chip shortages but the lack of information, or willingness to share, it quite astonishing.
That's so weird... first car I had was ordered July built October in USA November, got damaged at port late november, ordered new one first week of December, built last week of Jan, in Port now waiting for final release for me to go pick up at performance center somethibg weird is happening with yours if it's still in germany
Appreciate 0
      03-31-2022, 01:55 PM   #7
ChuggerChug
Rep

Quote:
Same here

What’s the deal with the boats? Is there a schedule or something?
Appreciate 0
      03-31-2022, 02:58 PM   #8
Dual.V8
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Garage List
  [0.00]
Quote:
Quote:
Same here

Yep there's like 3 boat per month living for Canada
      03-31-2022, 05:55 PM   #9
all
Canada
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Quote:
Same here

This is one of the company's that ship for BMW. My impression is they do the bulk it

https://www.walleniuswilhelmsen.com/schedules
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2022, 04:56 PM   #10
all
Canada
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Same here

What's the deal with the boats? Is there a schedule or something?
This is one of the company's that ship for BMW. My impression is they do the bulk it

Update… just did my daily update on the RAM issue and it is now showing closed. Finally. With any luck it will be in country within the next couple of weeks. Hopefully everyone else that has been waiting is in, or in fact, on the same boat!
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2022, 05:36 PM   #11
Dual.V8
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Garage List
  [0.00]
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Same here

Update… just did my daily update on the RAM issue and it is now showing closed. Finally. With any luck it will be in country within the next couple of weeks. Hopefully everyone else that has been waiting is in, or in fact, on the same boat!
Next boat is on april 13
hope we get into this one
      04-12-2022, 11:19 AM   #12
ChuggerChug
Rep

Quote:
Next boat is on april 13
hope we get into this one
Gl gents, just in time for the beautiful weather here in SO!
Appreciate 0
      06-06-2022, 01:50 PM   #13
Dual.V8
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Garage List
  [0.00]
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Same here

Still nothing ?
I got mine last week
      06-06-2022, 07:43 PM   #14
all
Canada
Rep

Garage List
I did actually. Early May. Sent it off for a full ppf wrap incl interior piano black, tint, and then to another location for ceramic coating of the film. The result is really amazing. Reached out to Budd's in Oakville today re some basic mods. It really is an amazing car in so many ways. Love the Titanium exhaust; neighbours not so much. You can really appreciate all the rave reviews it has received over the years. Have you made any mods or any planned/
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
Dual.V8105.50
      07-01-2022, 12:43 AM   #15
Dual.V8
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Garage List
  [0.00]
Quote:
I did actually. Early May. Sent it off for a full ppf wrap incl interior piano black, tint, and then to another location for ceramic coating of the film. The result is really amazing. Reached out to Budd's in Oakville today re some basic mods. It really is an amazing car in so many ways. Love the Titanium exhaust; neighbours not so much. You can really appreciate all the rave reviews it has received over the years. Have you made any mods or any planned/
Hey brother congrats it's beautiful machine

I have the car for 1 month now and the build is almost done !

Frozen Brilliant White on Tartufo Interior
CCB and MPE exhaust

Hit me up if you want to join the M5 Ontario Whatsapp group
Attached Images