BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW M5 F90 (2018+) General Forums Wheels | Tires | Suspension | Brakes | Chassis    Carbon Ceramic Rotors

06-06-2022, 01:23 PM   #23
somer
Major
Rep
Drives: F10 M5 CP

Just punch the vin in the decoder guys, pretty simple. Not a CCB car.

Missing: 2NK M Carbon Ceramic Brake

Mind blowing people are looking to pay 80k for a 4 year old m5 with 40k on it.
Appreciate 0
      06-06-2022, 03:16 PM   #24
jnotrom711
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2019 M5 Competition

Garage List
2019 G63 AMG  [0.00]
2019 M5 Comp  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by somer View Post

Yes, OP said he already saw the build sheet and it doesn't have CCB on the build sheet.

The question is wether the calipers are just painted or were they swapped for CCB calipers. But not the CCB rotors. Which is the expensive part. The dealer photos with out a doubt are steel rotors now that we've seen the photos.

Why is it mind blowing? What else can you get thats comparable for the money?

This car likely had a MSRP of 110-120k, 30-40K less than it was new? 30-35% depreciation? 40K miles on a 4-5 yr old car isn't considered high miles in my book. And this car is known (I think) as one of the more reliable M cars out there. Plus it is the current body style still in production. (I know not LCI, but car is the same pretty much).

But regardless, the question remains, for 80k what else is out there comparable to the M5? There's not a lot of options if you want a large body AWD V8 sedan with 600+ hp, that is as capable as the M5.

Sure you could spend 40-50-60K on less car, or older, more miles, but that doesn't get you anything better than the M5 that i'm aware of. Maybe a hell cat? F10 m5? older E63?

If you plug in a criteria of 50-70,000.00 shopping for a car, there wont be better options out there in my opinion. There will be older options, or less capable options, but, I would venture to say the f90 at 80,000.00 is a relative bargain, and A LOT of car for the money still, even being a 2018. Its not that old when people are paying 40-60K for 2013-2016 F10 M5s.
Appreciate 1
Justao397.50
      06-06-2022, 04:51 PM   #25
Pzl1nz00
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M5 Comp LCI

Quote:
Originally Posted by jnotrom711 View Post
Quote:

Yes, OP said he already saw the build sheet and it doesn't have CCB on the build sheet.

The question is wether the calipers are just painted or were they swapped for CCB calipers. But not the CCB rotors. Which is the expensive part. The dealer photos with out a doubt are steel rotors now that we've seen the photos.

This car likely had a MSRP of 110-120k, 30-40K less than it was new? 30-35% depreciation? 40K miles on a 4-5 yr old car isn't considered high miles in my book. And this car is known (I think) as one of the more reliable M cars out there. Plus it is the current body style still in production. (I know not LCI, but car is the same pretty much).

But regardless, the question remains, for 80k what else is out there comparable to the M5? There's not a lot of options if you want a large body AWD V8 sedan with 600+ hp, that is as capable as the M5.

Sure you could spend 40-50-60K on less car, or older, more miles, but that doesn't get you anything better than the M5 that i'm aware of. Maybe a hell cat? F10 m5? older E63?

If you plug in a criteria of 50-70,000.00 shopping for a car, there wont be better options out there in my opinion. There will be older options, or less capable options, but, I would venture to say the f90 at 80,000.00 is a relative bargain, and A LOT of car for the money still, even being a 2018. Its not that old when people are paying 40-60K for 2013-2016 F10 M5s.
Well said and I am in agreement!
Appreciate 0
      06-06-2022, 05:01 PM   #26
somer
Major
Rep

Quote:

It's more just a general statement of the state of the car market in general. I won't forget the local dealer practically begging me to take their 2018 Donnington car they had for 10 months with a 109k msrp for mid 90s, now this lexus dealer wants only like 15k less for a 4 year old car. Just madness to me but people can do with their money what they want.

Since we're just being honest here the fact the car didn't have the 1200-mile service is an auto-disqualification from me on a used car. Obviously not owned by an enthusiast and frankly the car and having CCB painted calipers or complete replacements of which somebody installed and didn't notice just reeks of a lack of competence by the owner, dealer, or repair shop.

Then again I'm just an asshole too, so there's that.
Appreciate 3
snowbimmer5163.50
asmazda105.50
zb26031055.50
      06-06-2022, 07:43 PM   #27
jnotrom711
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2019 M5 Competition

Garage List
2019 G63 AMG  [0.00]
2019 M5 Comp  [0.00]
Quote:
It's more just a general statement of the state of the car market in general. I won't forget the local dealer practically begging me to take their 2018 Donnington car they had for 10 months with a 109k msrp for mid 90s, now this lexus dealer wants only like 15k less for a 4 year old car. Just madness to me but people can do with their money what they want.

Since we're just being honest here the fact the car didn't have the 1200-mile service is an auto-disqualification from me on a used car. Obviously not owned by an enthusiast and frankly the car and having CCB painted calipers or complete replacements of which somebody installed and didn't notice just reeks of a lack of competence by the owner, dealer, or repair shop.

I agree its a tough pill to swallow that people could have bought a new M5 for 90K in 2018. Prices fluctuate. A lot. But the question remains what other options are there? It's not just the M5, its every single car on the market. What I wouldn't do to step back to 2016-2018 and buy a bunch of houses too. Cant look back, gotta look forward, and point remains, you want an M5 it'll cost you. New or used. But any car will cost you as well. Believe me, I know, I bought my 2019 Comp with 20K miles 1 1/2 years ago for not much more than this car the OP is asking about, 85,000.00 one owner. And bought private party so I paid no sales tax(in AZ), and got 100k BMW warranty and maintenance transferred to me. So I know full well the insanity of the market today. But still... it is what it is. Either pay up or dont buy, its that simple.

My wife's escalade I bought new in 2016 for 70k. Ive had it 7 years. 95k miles on it. Just got a trade in offer for 48,000.00. Trade in!. owned it 7 years, 95k miles, and its only cost me 22,000.00 in depreciation? Good deal if you ask me.... Until that is I try to replace it with the same thing now.... 110-115,000.00 for a new Escalade. Sucks, but 5 years ago, my trade in would be worth 20K at best. So it goes both ways.

Unfortunately the market conditions are quite different now, and you most certainly don't stand a chance of buying a new m5 for 90K. I would venture to say, you'd have a tough time even finding an Xdrive m3/4 for 90k... I agree it sucks, and hindsight always 20/20, but not much one can do about it.

With that said,

I happen to agree with you on the brakes, the car does have some apparent maintenance issues (if thats true), however I didn't dig that deep, just looked at the photos of the brakes. It very well could be a pig. That I dont know. But it appears at first glance it could be one that has some questionable history. The bad news is for all of us... someone will buy it. maybe the OP if he is able to discover its a decent car? Maybe someone who doesn't have a clue, and gets a pig. But it'll sell, no question, and probably relatively close to the asking price.

Asshole? ...All good, so am I
Appreciate 1
zb26031055.50
      06-06-2022, 09:56 PM   #28
Maverik259
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: F90 M5 / F15 50i

Garage List
2020 BMW M5  [10.00]
2014 X5 50i  [0.00]
Quote:
Quote:

How do you know it didn't have the 1200 mile break in? Figure even if it didn't happen at 1200 the dealer would have done at the following oil change or they did it themselves or an Indy. It's only a oil change and rear diff fluid. Both super easy.
'14 X5 50i (wife’s now)
Appreciate 0
      06-06-2022, 10:27 PM   #29
somer
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverik259 View Post
How do you know it didn't have the 1200 mile break in? Figure even if it didn't happen at 1200 the dealer would have done at the following oil change or they did it themselves or an Indy. It's only a oil change and rear diff fluid. Both super easy.
Can't know anything for certain, but the fact they got seemingly every other service done at the dealer either indicates they didnt know or didnt care.

Heres why you get the break in service done early: https://www.instagram.com/p/CBzPXHAJRL-/?hl=en

Like I said, just my opinion, if someone wants to spend ~80k on this car then that's fine.
Appreciate 0