BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW M5 F90 (2018+) General Forums Cosmetic Maintenance    Ceramic coating wheels and wheel weights

02-13-2019, 09:04 PM   #1
Docflyer
Rep
Drives: Cayenne turbo/M5 in production

Ceramic coating wheels and wheel weights

Iíve ordered new wheels for my incoming M5. Also Iíve ordered Kamikaze Stance coating to apply to them. I would love to apply the coating prior to mounting, with rims spotless and no tire in the way. However Iíve read conflicting advice in regards to how well the wheel weights will adhere on top of a coating with balancing.

Does anybody have experience or advice regarding this ?

It also so seems to me it is very likely you may rebalancing a set of replacement tires prior to a coating wearing off anyway.
Appreciate 0
      Yesterday, 01:23 PM   #2
josec70
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 19' SG M5 CP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Docflyer View Post
I’ve ordered new wheels for my incoming M5. Also I’ve ordered Kamikaze Stance coating to apply to them. I would love to apply the coating prior to mounting, with rims spotless and no tire in the way. However I’ve read conflicting advice in regards to how well the wheel weights will adhere on top of a coating with balancing.

Does anybody have experience or advice regarding this ?

It also so seems to me it is very likely you may rebalancing a set of replacement tires prior to a coating wearing off anyway.
I would just apply with wheels on .... BMW brake dust is a bitch ... ceramic coating will only do so much. Easier to clean but wheels will still get dirty fast.

Replacing the pads is the only solution that really works.

Previous - 15' F10 M5| BSM| B&O | KW HAS | Velos S2 2PC Forged 21" | Powerstop Z17 (Front) - Akebono (Rear)| IND Package| Velos Stage 1| CF RKP Lip | CF M-Performance Rear Center Diffuser | Akrapovic Exhaust | K&N | Charcoal Delete
Appreciate 0
      Yesterday, 02:07 PM   #3
Docflyer
Rep
Drives: Cayenne turbo/M5 in production

Thank you jocec70. Hope alternate break pads available soon if not too costly.

Will probably give wheel coating a try if just to make them somewhat easier to clean. Treating the new clean wheels out of a box would just be hard to pass on.

Have been impressed with the results I've had on the body with Gyeon Mohs. Granted break dust a whole different animal.

Last edited by Docflyer; Yesterday at 04:22 PM.
Appreciate 0