BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW M5 F90 (2018+) General Forums F90 M5 General Forum    Wiring question

09-02-2020, 01:41 PM   #1
mm5300
Private
Rep
Drives: M5C

Wiring question

Not sure if this should be in the General Forum or the Electronics stuff forum, but I have a question when trying to set up a subwoofer back in the trunk. I bought a custom built box from someone who sold their's and it has lighting around the speaker and another M symbol that lights up. I was hoping to wire it into the light in the trunk, so that it would come on when opening the trunk, but there's no good way to snake the wire to the light. I'm kinda OCD about wires showing, so I was hoping there was something in all the wires around the back seat side covers that would work. I tried finding the same color wires at the light in the harnesses, but I wasn't able to find it (although there's so many it doesn't mean it's not there). But I would think it would have been easier for BMW to run that off of something else anyway, negating the value of the wire colors. Any thoughts would be appreciated!
Appreciate 0