BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW M5 F90 (2018+) General Forums F90 M5 vs...    M5 vs Lamborghini Huracan drag race

03-26-2019, 03:48 AM   #67
80386i
Rep
Drives: X5 35d 2014

It is a tuned M5. Meaningless test. A properly tuned civic might be able to beat this M5 in a drag race.
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2019, 03:48 AM   #68
RAFiK - BMWClubUAE
Drift Instructor @ BMW Club UAE
United Arab Emirates
Rep
Drives: BMW F10 M5

Garage List
2013 BMW F10 M5  [10.00]
A stock F90 would beat a Huracan on a rolling race. That's my 0.02$
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2019, 06:27 AM   #69
Logical
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2014 M5

Nice!! Just need to learn how to cut a light lol
2015 F86 X6 M (Retired)
2014 F10 M5 (Retired)
2010 E70 X5 M (Retired), 2010 E92 M3 MT (Retired)
2006 E60 M5 (Retired), 2000 E39 M5 MT (Retired)
1999 E39 328i (Retired), 1995 525i (Retired)
1987 325i (Totaled - that was fun!)
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2019, 07:30 AM   #70
mirob
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: M3CX

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmboone25 View Post
No, no - not at all. I simply bask in the glory of all that’s new and impressive on the M5.

AWD! Oh wait, that’s not new.
Torque converter! Can’t remember when that came out, it’s so old.
TT-V8!! Oh, it’s that engine that about 10 years old now, right?

That’s not hate, those are facts. Many facts, to use your word.
It also has wheels...how long has that been around? Amiright?!?!?!?
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2019, 08:10 AM   #71
Igor_M5
United_States
Rep
Drives: Many, BMW.

Garage List
Basement tuned M5.
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2019, 08:55 AM   #72
hova00
Major
Rep
Drives: G80 M3C

Impressive M5!! It has T-Tags and a check engine light.
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2019, 09:31 AM   #73
vtknight
Major
Rep
Drives: 2019 F90 M5 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by hova00 View Post
Impressive M5!! It has T-Tags and a check engine light.
These comments from M3 owners are awesome.
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2019, 10:35 AM   #74
buckybadger
BMW forever!
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW

Reminds me of seabiscuit
2009 BMW 328i
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2019, 01:20 PM   #75
dezzracer
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M3 CS

The M3 platform is "three generations old"? And it's "trashed in the media" for being old and dated? I just paid 94K for a 2018 M3CS. I had no idea the car I just bought was such a vintage outdated load. 😱 lol . I just read a "media article" that claimed the M3 CS was the second fastest four-door to lap the ring right behind the AR Quad so it must a fairly decent outdated platform but hey what can you believe on the Internet?? . Am I disappointed or sorry, Nope. Ignorance is bliss I guess. It's my first BMW after owning American muscle all my life and the car is fkn awesome.

Regarding the video that's pretty damn amazing an M5 luxury sedan (even if it is tuned) basically takes down a Lamborghini . For this 60-year-old car guy I would not EVER want to be driving around in a neon colored Huracan. Fk that. Period End of story. Give me that M5 all day long.
Appreciate 1
limeypride4423.50
      03-26-2019, 02:25 PM   #76
Flacht3
Not Enough Garage Space
Rep
Drives: STO /765LTS/ Macan

I realize most of this is in jest but man some of you M5 guys are really sensitive. It's a great car and amazing platform but come on, do you really take offense to people saying they would prefer a Lamborghini?

There are a multitude of tuned, muscle cars, Teslas etc. that would beat an exotic in a drag race. Spoiler alert: drag races aren't why most people buy exotics. I think the point the "internet" is making is that it's not THAT impressive that a tuned M5 beat a stock Huracan. Impressive, yes, but it's what I'd EXPECT from a tuned M5 considering they're that damn good.

And yes, before people jump on me, I've driven both the new M5 and a Huracan. I love the M5. If I wanted a $100k baby-supercar as a daily driver then I'd take one in a heartbeat.
      03-26-2019, 02:27 PM   #77
windtendo
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2023 M5C

Garage List
2023 BMW M5C  [0.00]
1989 BMW M3  [0.00]
Anyone mention that the F90 M5 went around the Eboladrome in the same time as the GT3RS?

https://fastestlaps.com/tracks/grand-tour-eboladrome
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2019, 02:33 PM   #78
vtknight
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by dezzracer View Post
The M3 platform is "three generations old"? And it's "trashed in the media" for being old and dated? I just paid 94K for a 2018 M3CS. I had no idea the car I just bought was such a vintage outdated load. �� lol . I just read a "media article" that claimed the M3 CS was the second fastest four-door to lap the ring right behind the AR Quad so it must a fairly decent outdated platform but hey what can you believe on the Internet?? . Am I disappointed or sorry, Nope. Ignorance is bliss I guess. It's my first BMW after owning American muscle all my life and the car is fkn awesome.

Regarding the video that's pretty damn amazing an M5 luxury sedan (even if it is tuned) basically takes down a Lamborghini . For this 60-year-old car guy I would not EVER want to be driving around in a neon colored Huracan. Fk that. Period End of story. Give me that M5 all day long.
I am not here to slam M3's - nor do I have any beef with any M3 owner lol. I don't want you to feel anything but bliss for your CS - which is a car I also like and a friend of mine has.

The video review from Motortrend does exist however - where they discuss what I wrote - and I can post it if you'd like. My response was to another M3 owner who felt the F90 was all old technology.

it's unfortunate there is so much BMW on BMW intensity.

It's great you are enjoying your ride - cheers.
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2019, 02:43 PM   #79
vtknight
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris_DM View Post
I realize most of this is in jest but man some of you M5 guys are really sensitive. It's a great car and amazing platform but come on, do you really take offense to people saying they would prefer a Lamborghini?

There are a multitude of tuned, muscle cars, Teslas etc. that would beat an exotic in a drag race. Spoiler alert: drag races aren't why most people buy exotics. I think the point the "internet" is making is that it's not THAT impressive that a tuned M5 beat a stock Huracan. Impressive, yes, but it's what I'd EXPECT from a tuned M5 considering they're that damn good.

And yes, before people jump on me, I've driven both the new M5 and a Huracan. I love the M5. If I wanted a $100k baby-supercar as a daily driver then I'd take one in a heartbeat.
What you describe is not an issue and I agree with what you have written.

I only got involved when some posters were trashing the car itself - which made no sense to me.

I am a car enthusiast - I know my own car issues and every car has them - I have been banned by Corvette Forum before to push the C7Z heat soak issue that fanboi's fought me over (as an example).

I personally don't see the value of simply trashing something however. You aren't impressed with the F90? No problem. And I agree a tuned car with the power output the F90 was making should beat a stock Huracan - but no need to trash the car in the process.

That said - there was a valid question (that led to discussion) - that was asked; why were the trap speeds as low as they were. That was a legit question and I noticed the trap speeds myself (as there are many factors I chalked it up as some bad combo of DA).

But just coming on and saying the car is a boat - really isn't very useful. I enjoy forums to learn and meet new like minded people. I certainly do not want to get into heated debates - it's useless and not fun lol.

My 2 cents.
Appreciate 1
Flacht31136.50
      03-26-2019, 03:01 PM   #80
dezzracer
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M3 CS

Quote:
Originally Posted by vtknight View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by dezzracer View Post
The M3 platform is "three generations old"? And it's "trashed in the media" for being old and dated? I just paid 94K for a 2018 M3CS. I had no idea the car I just bought was such a vintage outdated load. �� lol . I just read a "media article" that claimed the M3 CS was the second fastest four-door to lap the ring right behind the AR Quad so it must a fairly decent outdated platform but hey what can you believe on the Internet?? . Am I disappointed or sorry, Nope. Ignorance is bliss I guess. It's my first BMW after owning American muscle all my life and the car is fkn awesome.

I am not here to slam M3's - nor do I have any beef with any M3 owner lol. I don't want you to feel anything but bliss for your CS - which is a car I also like and a friend of mine has.

The video review from Motortrend does exist however - where they discuss what I wrote - and I can post it if you'd like. My response was to another M3 owner who felt the F90 was all old technology.

it's unfortunate there is so much BMW on BMW intensity.

It's great you are enjoying your ride - cheers.
Lordy.. there is some serious intensity in this thread for sure. . Buts it's all in good fun and quite amusing. No offense was taken VT. I was just sticking up for my 100k (outdated) new love of my life. To be honest...I walked out into the garage EVERY night for a week after I got it to stare at it. Could not believe it was in my garage. Thank you BMW for building awesome German hot rods.
Appreciate 3
      03-26-2019, 05:23 PM   #81
TrevorM3
Banned
Rep
Drives: 6.3 AMG

[QUOTE=vtknight;24567606]The fact that you drive an M3 and are talking about a platform being old? I will link a Motortrend segment of the M3 Competition vs the Quadrifoglio where they talk about the M3 being 3 generations behind the current cars in its segment. So that was a poor way to make a point. That plus the fact the F90 out performs your M3 in every way - so if it so ancient and laughable - and it crushes your ride...

Considering we did a roll twice as well - against the 808 HP 717 lb ft car. And since the M5 CP already crushed it the reviewers chose the first race where the Demon won by half a car - versus the second race where it was dead even. And remember this a full length comparison video - I am not talking about an experience I had. The C7Z does not out trap a M5 CP in most cases and its aero, plus the terrible coefficient of drag of the C7 makes it a terrible roll car (which is why the C6 ZR1 beats the C7Z after 3rd gear in a roll). The C7Z was created for down force as it is a road course car first. A standard M5 would be a good race stock for stock - I still think top end the M5 would take it.

Highly disagree. Already tested that theory, ran a gentlemen from a 40 roll in his c6z and he did not win. Very capable driver as well, as he was right up my ass. Let's not forget the c6 is also about 200lbs lighter.

As for the f90, you are probably right, although i suspect it wouldn't pass me till about 155-160, and i'd say most races are over at 150 from a 40. I invited two guys out for next months roll racing event in PBIR, so we'll see if they even show so i can post some relevant content in here.
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2019, 05:41 PM   #82
CP911
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: '18 M240i 6-speed Coupe

Quote:
Says the M240i owner lol.
I can afford any of the cars being discussed, but thanks. You won't see me get butthurt though like the M5 owners when someone posts a video of a tuned M240i beating a stock 911 Carrera in a drag race, and then people start commenting about how pointless the drag race was and that the 911 is still the better car, because *drum roll* they'd be correct.
      03-26-2019, 06:44 PM   #83
///M TOWN
United_States
Rep
Drives: M GmbH

Garage List
2018 M2  [8.78]
Because ///M xDrive !!

03-26-2019, 08:23 PM   #84
vtknight
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by CP911 View Post
I can afford any of the cars being discussed, but thanks. You won't see me get butthurt though like the M5 owners when someone posts a video of a tuned M240i beating a stock 911 Carrera in a drag race, and then people start commenting about how pointless the drag race was and that the 911 is still the better car, because *drum roll* they'd be correct.
Cool story. And the butthurt is coming from your saltiness. Puffing our your chest with a 240i? And when you’re called out on it..”I can afford all of these cars”...lol.

No one cares about this comparison - because they are two different cars.

What a “better” car is - is subjective.

So again - cool story.
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2019, 08:28 PM   #85
vtknight
Major
Rep

[QUOTE=TrevorM3;24571527]
Quote:
The fact that you drive an M3 and are talking about a platform being old? I will link a Motortrend segment of the M3 Competition vs the Quadrifoglio where they talk about the M3 being 3 generations behind the current cars in its segment. So that was a poor way to make a point. That plus the fact the F90 out performs your M3 in every way - so if it so ancient and laughable - and it crushes your ride...

Considering we did a roll twice as well - against the 808 HP 717 lb ft car. And since the M5 CP already crushed it the reviewers chose the first race where the Demon won by half a car - versus the second race where it was dead even. And remember this a full length comparison video - I am not talking about an experience I had. The C7Z does not out trap a M5 CP in most cases and its aero, plus the terrible coefficient of drag of the C7 makes it a terrible roll car (which is why the C6 ZR1 beats the C7Z after 3rd gear in a roll). The C7Z was created for down force as it is a road course car first. A standard M5 would be a good race stock for stock - I still think top end the M5 would take it.

Highly disagree. Already tested that theory, ran a gentlemen from a 40 roll in his c6z and he did not win. Very capable driver as well, as he was right up my ass. Let's not forget the c6 is also about 200lbs lighter.

As for the f90, you are probably right, although i suspect it wouldn't pass me till about 155-160, and i'd say most races are over at 150 from a 40. I invited two guys out for next months roll racing event in PBIR, so we'll see if they even show so i can post some relevant content in here.
You can disagree - but it has been proven - time and again. Another piece of conelling info is that a C6 ZR1 traps higher - on average - than a C7 Z06 - to help prove my point (126-128 for the C7Z and 127-130 for the C6 ZR1). I hear you - you tested this theory on one roll with one car. There is only a million rolls versus these cars on YouTube - you are free to peruse.

C7Z has issues in the roll and MPH due to its high Cd. Even without the aero (although that makes a big difference). Modding numbers also prove the same - mod for mod HP - the C6 platform is both quicker and faster. It has taken the platform four years to start showing some solid progress for the mods invested.

I am interested to know how it goes down versus the F90 - tell the F90 driver to leave it in auto with everything in sport plus. It will pick the right gear. It will be close and as you get faster that aero will unfortunately have increasingly negative affects on your mph.

Good luck!
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2019, 09:41 PM   #86
CP911
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: '18 M240i 6-speed Coupe

Quote:
Says the M240i owner lol.
Quote:
These comments from M3 owners are awesome.
So let's see here. You are calling out specific people and talking trash about their choice in car because they are less expensive, apparently.

Quote:
No one cares about this comparison - because they are two different cars.
Then, after all that, you are agreeing with the point that the people you are hating on made in the first place.

Who's salty, again?
      03-26-2019, 10:00 PM   #87
vtknight
Major
Rep

Quote:
So let's see here. You are calling out specific people and talking trash about their choice in car because they are less expensive, apparently.

Then, after all that, you are agreeing with the point that the people you are hating on made in the first place.

Who's salty, again?
You are. I am only throwing your own shade back towards you - and pointing out the irony. I haven't come onto a M240i page or thread and given my negative comments about their ride or their owners. You however - have here.

I hope that helps.

Last edited by vtknight; 03-26-2019 at 10:05 PM..
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2019, 10:02 PM   #88
vtknight
Major
Rep

Quote:
Give me the Huracan all day every day. What is the point of posting a tuned AWD M5 drag racing a bone stock Huracan? Oh yeah, so the M5 owners can feel better about not being able to afford an Italian super car. Give me a break already!
^Let me remind you - since you seem to have forgotten.
Appreciate 0