BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW M5 F90 (2018+) General Forums Engine, Exhaust, Drivetrain, Tuning Modifications    eventuri vs dinan intake

07-27-2022, 12:23 PM   #1
lucoa
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2022 bmw m5 comp

Garage List
2022 m5 comp  [0.00]
eventuri vs dinan intake

hey guys im curious from u guys which one is better. i have a hard time to figure out which one is the better one. i heard a lot of people say the eventuri one is better but the dinan one sounds alot better compared to the eventuri. i would like to gather as much info before i buy. please help me out guys thanks
Appreciate 0
      07-27-2022, 12:33 PM   #2
BMA89
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 BMW M5 CS

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucoa View Post
hey guys im curious from u guys which one is better. i have a hard time to figure out which one is the better one. i heard a lot of people say the eventuri one is better but the dinan one sounds alot better compared to the eventuri. i would like to gather as much info before i buy. please help me out guys thanks
Try searching there are tones of threads on this subject. I am in the same boat and found loads of info and leaning Dinan
Appreciate 0
      07-27-2022, 01:51 PM   #3
JakeW1990
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 BMW M5

Quote:
I actually moved away from the Dinan because it's more of a closed system similar to the stock air box from what I could tell. It has a lot more shroud and pieces to it than the Eventuri. I listened to audio recordings between the 2 and chose Eventuri due to it producing more audible turbo noises. Every time I throttle in, I hear the turbos spool and can't help but smile. I drove a Dinan X5M and between it and my Eventuri M5, I'd say the Eventuri is at least 500% louder than the Dinan. The Dinan was marginally louder than stock on the X5M.

Open system will always be louder than closed systems. Think of it as talking to someone with your window down versus window up. Same concept.
Appreciate 1
Jszlaga477.50
      07-27-2022, 04:59 PM   #4
Jszlaga
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2023 X5 M50i

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by JakeW1990 View Post
Quote:
I actually moved away from the Dinan because it's more of a closed system similar to the stock air box from what I could tell. It has a lot more shroud and pieces to it than the Eventuri. I listened to audio recordings between the 2 and chose Eventuri due to it producing more audible turbo noises. Every time I throttle in, I hear the turbos spool and can't help but smile. I drove a Dinan X5M and between it and my Eventuri M5, I'd say the Eventuri is at least 500% louder than the Dinan. The Dinan was marginally louder than stock on the X5M.

Open system will always be louder than closed systems. Think of it as talking to someone with your window down versus window up. Same concept.
This!
Appreciate 0
      07-27-2022, 05:30 PM   #5
Pzl1nz00
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M5 Comp LCI

Quote:
Quote:

Closed system pulls fresh, cooler air from front of car?

Vs the open system of pulling hot air from engine bay?

In the big HP diesel truck world the factory filters typically flow plenty of air even for significantly bigger turbos, bring in cool air from front, and the factory filters do a better job of filtering the air and trap more particulate.

I love the idea of the open system for noise, but kind of question the effectiveness of filtration and keeping cool intake charge air…
Appreciate 0
      07-27-2022, 05:31 PM   #6
boost3dx
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2022 M5 CS & 2022 X5M

Garage List
2022 BMW X5M  [0.00]
2022 BMW M5 CS  [10.00]
Quote:

The X5M is a bad example. Even Dinan themselves says the X5M doesn't have any increase in audible turbo sound with their intake.

I can tell you I can also hear the turbo induction noise like crazy on my M5 now that I have Dinan + Turbo Inlets.

I was going to wait and make a better video then this, but here's a rough clip I recently just made. You can hear the exhaust and turbo's very well.

Appreciate 0
      07-27-2022, 06:01 PM   #7
JakeW1990
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pzl1nz00 View Post
Quote:
Quote:

In the big HP diesel truck world the factory filters typically flow plenty of air even for significantly bigger turbos, bring in cool air from front, and the factory filters do a better job of filtering the air and trap more particulate.

I love the idea of the open system for noise, but kind of question the effectiveness of filtration and keeping cool intake charge air…
The Eventuri does not pull hot air from the engine bay. It's ram air from the very same spot the stock air box pulls from, just carbon fiber. Their V2 has shielding and rubber material that creates a seal in the same spot as the factory. [IMG][/IMG]
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      07-27-2022, 06:09 PM   #8
JakeW1990
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by boost3dx View Post
Quote:

The X5M is a bad example. Even Dinan themselves says the X5M doesn't have any increase in audible turbo sound with their intake.

I can tell you I can also hear the turbo induction noise like crazy on my M5 now that I have Dinan + Turbo Inlets.

I was going to wait and make a better video then this, but here's a rough clip I recently just made. You can hear the exhaust and turbo's very well.

I tried to watch but didn't have audio on my end. I'll try again later and see if it has audio. I don't have a GoPro or anything but I might can try and record something tomorrow for those that would like to hear the Eventuri. I love it personally.
Appreciate 0
      07-27-2022, 06:19 PM   #9
boost3dx
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2022 M5 CS & 2022 X5M

Garage List
2022 BMW X5M  [0.00]
2022 BMW M5 CS  [10.00]
Quote:
I tried to watch but didn't have audio on my end. I'll try again later and see if it has audio. I don't have a GoPro or anything but I might can try and record something tomorrow for those that would like to hear the Eventuri. I love it personally.
strange - works on my end and on numerous devices. maybe it's muted?
Appreciate 0
      07-28-2022, 09:52 PM   #10
Maverik259
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: F90 M5 / F15 50i

Garage List
2020 BMW M5  [10.00]
2014 X5 50i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pzl1nz00 View Post
Quote:
Quote:

You're not gonna get any colder air from the Dinan or "cleaner". It's air boxes are in the same spot as stock and eventuri. Only a little bit of air pulls from the top of the hood area which is the "secondary intake" if you read the brochure. And it is quieter but not by 500%. End of the day they're gonna do the same thing. One has more cf if you add the turbo inlets. But performance is negligible with these systems on modern cars anyway.
'14 X5 50i (wife’s now)
Appreciate 0