BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW M5 F90 (2018+) General Forums Engine, Exhaust, Drivetrain, Tuning Modifications    F90 m5 exhaust button

08-12-2022, 04:25 PM   #23
Hammer110!
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 22 F90M5C, 22 X7M50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverik259 View Post
If i am in Sport+ and i hit the exhaust button off, it kicks me out of sport+. that is what i meant.

I'll check again on my way home from work if you think that isn't accurate. i remember testing that some time ago after i had some exhaust work done because i loathe the fart can effect coming out of a $100k car. So i tried it and remember it taking me out of Sport+. its been awhile so maybe i miss remember.
My 22M5C does NOT do this. No engine/suspension dynamics change when button is depressed other than the exhaust note change.
Appreciate 0
      08-12-2022, 10:29 PM   #24
Maverik259
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: F90 M5 / F15 50i

Garage List
2020 BMW M5  [10.00]
2014 X5 50i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverik259 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by SatinblkF90 View Post
What do you mean exhaust button off takes you out of sport mode? The engine mode itself is still in sport or sport+ with the button off, it just turns off burbles on mpe which have no valves, and on regular exhaust closes and opens the valves which they do have, plus turns off burbles. Throttle response/shifting etc. regardless of button on or off will still be mapped according to whatever engine mode the car is in between efficient/sport/sport+
If i am in Sport+ and i hit the exhaust button off, it kicks me out of sport+. that is what i meant.

I'll check again on my way home from work if you think that isn't accurate. i remember testing that some time ago after i had some exhaust work done because i loathe the fart can effect coming out of a $100k car. So i tried it and remember it taking me out of Sport+. its been awhile so maybe i miss remember.
Ya I guess I was remembering some else. Oh well. Still hate the fart can noises! Haha hopefully when my Dinan exhaust arrives I can leave the exhaust button off and it'll actually sound like a V8
'14 X5 50i (wife’s now)
Appreciate 0
      11-22-2022, 01:23 PM   #25
wrecklesswun
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M5

I have the Dinan cat back exhaust, the button only eliminates backfire noise, does nothing outside of Sport+
Appreciate 0