BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW M5 F90 (2018+) General Forums Engine, Exhaust, Drivetrain, Tuning Modifications    DME Tuning Stage 2 upgrade from Race Chip

02-04-2020, 09:58 PM   #1
DKCGT05
Rep
Drives: 2018 M5

DME Tuning Stage 2 upgrade from Race Chip

i don't post much here but i do frequently visit to see what the latest news is in the BMW tuning world. I have owned over 20+ modified cars, but at the point now where i just want a true daily driver that can put a grin on my face when i stomp the gas pedal. I initially started with a race chip when i first got my 2018 M5. At that point, i wanted to make sure that if anything did go wrong, the ecu was not tampered with and i could still get BMW to stand behind it. i will say, i enjoyed the nice bump from stock all last year. Race chip performed without any hiccups and served the exact purpose i was looking for. But like many other HP junkies, i wanted more. After speaking with Mo at DME tuning and asking him 101 questions, i decided that the Stage 2 tune would be the next logical step up. I received the cable yesterday and 1 hour later, the Stage 2 tune was installed and ready to go! I have only clocked about 30 miles on the new tune, but already, i can feel a significant difference. My butt dyno tells me 80 whp gain, probably a 4 to 5 mph gain in the 1/4 mile (130+ mph), and definitely a mid 10 second capable car. I will have to make a purchase of a Dragy to confirm the accuracy of my butt dyno but i have a hunch i am pretty close. I just ordered the bmc filters and plan to have them installed next week. A big thanks to Mo at DME Tuning. Anyone looking to take this jump, i would highly recommend it. Anyone up for 50% off a nice used Race Chip
Appreciate 1
r33_RGSport12909.00
      02-04-2020, 11:17 PM   #2
r33_RGSport
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: G09 XM, G05 X5 40, 991.2 T

Congrats!!!

Glad RaceChip able to fulfill your initial needs.
Active Autowerke • KW • H&R • Ohlins • Remus • and more...
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2020, 01:39 AM   #3
boredM
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Ford F-350 & Nardo F90

let us know what dragy says
also with what other mods if any ie exhaust, downpipes, or intake
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2020, 02:00 PM   #4
DKCGT05
Rep
Drives: 2018 M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by boredM View Post
let us know what dragy says
also with what other mods if any ie exhaust, downpipes, or intake
my car currently has no other mods except for the DME Tuning Stage 2 tune. i will add bmc drop in filters and remove the charcoal filters at the same time. weather is 36 degrees and sunny today in cleveland so i just took it out for another spin. The tune is legit!! definitely can feel the difference between 5K to 7K rpms up top above 70 mph.
Appreciate 2
r33_RGSport12909.00
Mcc420475.00