BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums Cosmetic Care & Detailing (PPF/Wash/Wax/Detailing/Restoration/Repairs)    Car Wash?!

09-24-2018, 02:16 PM   #45
Fegelein
Major
Rep
Drives: 2021 X5 M50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdeleon View Post
The instructions are meant for bucket washing. That is the amount I use in my bucket after I do the prewash with the foam. The foaming always needs a higher concentration of soap.

Only use the foamer for foaming. Once it is done, take is off and spray the car down with the 40 degree.

As for spread, really up to you. I don't think there is a right or wrong. I choose something in the middle towards the wider side. Too wide and I feel like it is all over the place and not on the car. Too narrow and it is too strong to give a nice foam coverage.
Thanks and I found the stock foamer not very good, even when fully cranked. Wouldn't put out a constant spray of foam. I assume the trinova is much better performer. Do you also use a mitt to wash or find the 40 rinse off sufficient, for a typical simple wash?
Appreciate 0
      09-25-2018, 02:00 PM   #46
marcvtec
Banned
Rep
Drives: M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fegelein View Post
Thanks and I found the stock foamer not very good, even when fully cranked. Wouldn't put out a constant spray of foam. I assume the trinova is much better performer. Do you also use a mitt to wash or find the 40 rinse off sufficient, for a typical simple wash?
Just for reference.

I have a 2000 psi sunjoe washer (something like that its called)
And a Torxs foam gun from chemical guys, and high gloss soap from them.
and using this gives me a shaving cream foam on my car.
Appreciate 0
      09-25-2018, 03:45 PM   #47
kdeleon
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fegelein View Post
When you say stock foamer, do you mean the detergent tank that comes with the pressure washer. If so, I don't think that is meant for foaming. It is just to mix in soap to help in cleaning. It will clean but not foam.

I always wash with a mitt. Some believe that you can foam and then rinse. I like to foam, rinse, soap with mitt and two buckets (one for rinse, other for soapy water), final rinse. Rinse is with 40 nozzle.

I guess if the car isn't so dirty, you can foam and then spray. I would still do the above and just not rinse (go straight to soaping with mitt and bucket) if I wanted to save time.
Appreciate 0
      09-25-2018, 07:13 PM   #48
Fegelein
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdeleon View Post
When you say stock foamer, do you mean the detergent tank that comes with the pressure washer. If so, I don't think that is meant for foaming. It is just to mix in soap to help in cleaning. It will clean but not foam.

I always wash with a mitt. Some believe that you can foam and then rinse. I like to foam, rinse, soap with mitt and two buckets (one for rinse, other for soapy water), final rinse. Rinse is with 40 nozzle.

I guess if the car isn't so dirty, you can foam and then spray. I would still do the above and just not rinse (go straight to soaping with mitt and bucket) if I wanted to save time.
Yes, the det tank and the soap tip on the wand. I hear ya on mitt, and when I have the time or if it's really needed, i'll use one too. Thanks for all the insight!
Appreciate 0
      09-29-2018, 06:43 PM   #49
Fegelein
Major
Rep

Got a handle on the foaming!!
So first pass was washer on 40 to knock all off, was within few inches at times. Then foam bomb and then another 40 rinse off. Came out like diamonds and drove thru many a rain day.
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
slavearm226.00
      12-22-2018, 07:38 PM   #50
saporitj
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 540ix M Sport

This hose attached foam canon will produce FOAM. I know because we have both kinds and use this when we don't want to drag the pressure washer out.
https://www.amazon.com/Gilmour-Clean.../dp/B000Y190WE

Here is a good pressure washer foam canon with it's own handle so you don't have to worry about the long wand.
MTM Hydro 14.5005 Snub Gun Foam Cannon https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01MG9632D..._ttVhCbFS0JQJ8
      04-25-2019, 04:23 PM   #51
hybrid_eg
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 90 S13, 22 MSP, 23 JLUR 4xe

I use the touchless wash if the car is not too dirty then i spot clean at home. However, since that takes significant amount of time (drive to/from wash plus go back home to for touch up's), i've decided to get electric pressure washer and foam cannon and will just do it myself. This way all my cars will get a better wash and likely will end up taking the same amount of time or less.. I also have a full shop compressor in garage connected to air nozzle so i can air dry stubborn areas that shammy towel will not get.
Appreciate 0
      06-01-2021, 09:26 AM   #52
MA///M5
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pugi View Post
Carrying out a car wash on your own saves money, but at the same time it is not always possible to clean the car properly. Recently, I stopped using the services of stationary car washes, as after that I began to notice damage to the paintwork of my car. Now mobile car wash equipment has become popular, I have not used this type of car wash yet. Has anyone heard of mobile car washes?
I've seen mobile car washes in the Cayman. Quite popular in areas where ex pats live and work, where they don't have access to an area to wash, etc. Also won't find a car wash there.
They seem to do an ok job-but its nothing like one would do themselves or a professional job. Water, soap, vacuum, something greasy on the dash, etc.
Appreciate 0