BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums General BMW News and Cars Discussion    I did a two day M-School [Updated: Added Day Two!]

10-28-2018, 02:41 PM   #89
scotty91ss
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 19 M5, '15 X5M,'91Chev454ss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoof View Post
*Bump*

It was down to the wire, I had to make a decision with not much time. The day my voucher would have expired, I signed up for 2 days at Thermal on 3/24-3/25/19 (Sun/Mon). I used my voucher and CCA discount...Still an expensive event, but you live once, right?!?

Now I'm trying to figure out my flight schedule, because as I mentioned I can't drive on Saturday, I can't fly, either...So I'll have to fly out on Friday, and either stay in LA over Saturday and drive to the hotel Saturday night, or early Sunday morning....Still trying to figure that one out...seriously great writeup, though...I'm excited!

I booked the February 5th two day school. I hope they bring out a M5.
Appreciate 0
      10-28-2018, 02:55 PM   #90
orangeglim
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 M2C

Garage List
2019 M2C  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by scotty91ss View Post
I booked the February 5th two day school. I hope they bring out a M5.
I just did two days down in Spartanburg, they had plenty of M5s in rotation. We used it for corner entry and the longer lapping exercise later in the day. It's an incredible car!
Appreciate 0
      10-28-2018, 11:32 PM   #91
Dee Jay
Registered
Rep
Drives: 4 Series

Just a bit of advice from a SoCal resident...driving without too much traffic on a Sunday, your drive from LAX to The Thermal Club will be about 2 1/2 hours. And you would want to plan for the unexpected. There is always an unexpected on the LA freeways!! If you haven’t purchased a flight yet, check out Ontario Airport. Even if it costs a few $$ more, it’s about an hour closer. Also, Palm Springs does have an airport, but I’m not sure how many airlines. My suggestion would be to drive to wherever you are staying in the Thermal area directly from whichever airport you arrive. You really need to be well rested and alert. I live about 1 hour away, and I drove out the night before so I wouldn’t have to stress about the drive. In Southern California, you never know what traffic will be like, even on the lighter traveled weekends. But I would try to avoid LAX at all costs.
Appreciate 0
      10-29-2018, 12:52 PM   #92
jmg
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: G82 M4C X-Drive

Garage List
2022 G82 M4C X-Drive  [9.83]
2018 F80 M3 CS  [9.83]
2019 i3 BEV  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dee Jay View Post
Just a bit of advice from a SoCal resident...driving without too much traffic on a Sunday, your drive from LAX to The Thermal Club will be about 2 1/2 hours. And you would want to plan for the unexpected. There is always an unexpected on the LA freeways!! If you haven’t purchased a flight yet, check out Ontario Airport. Even if it costs a few $$ more, it’s about an hour closer. Also, Palm Springs does have an airport, but I’m not sure how many airlines. My suggestion would be to drive to wherever you are staying in the Thermal area directly from whichever airport you arrive. You really need to be well rested and alert. I live about 1 hour away, and I drove out the night before so I wouldn’t have to stress about the drive. In Southern California, you never know what traffic will be like, even on the lighter traveled weekends. But I would try to avoid LAX at all costs.
Anything is better than LAX. I personally like Long Beach, but Ontario and Santa Ana are a bit closer.

2022 G82///M4 Competition X-Drive - KW-HAS, EBC Bluestuff, Millway Race Camber Plates, Cup2 Connect*, PSI High Flow Midpipe, Lightweight Front Lip, M Perf Flow Through Wing
Previous • 2018 F80 ///M3 CS • 2016 F80 ///M3
IG: Raging_G82
Appreciate 0
      11-28-2019, 08:50 AM   #93
F30Chriiss
F30Chriiss
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 BMW 328i

What was your favorite car you saw at this event? also what was the best time you had when you ran the track & in which model?
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2022, 03:10 PM   #94
Christopherrobey
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW m3

The price is harsh, but I want hard to try. So I am searching for a job for summer. If someone has some proposals, you're welcome.
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2022, 03:27 PM   #95
TAZ007
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2021 Z4 M40

Garage List
2021 Z4 M40  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Christopherrobey View Post
The price is harsh, but I want hard to try. So I am searching for a job for summer. If someone has some proposals, you're welcome.
Actually, look into the M Track Days event. I did the half day coarse at Circuit of Americas (San Antonio, TX) in November for $500 and it was well worth the money. you could pay another $500 for the full day and that would be a little more inexpensive option. The Performance Center website has the M Track Day events signup.
Appreciate 0