BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW M5 F90 (2018+) General Forums Regional Forums UK    Hello UK M5 Owners!

05-26-2019, 12:45 PM   #23
M4RC
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW M5 Competition

As a daily I find the M5C very comfortable, I normally drive in sport but if it’s a long journey I’d stick it in comfort. I’ve come from an RS6 which was a great car but I wanted something more driver focused.
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2019, 02:01 AM   #24
mcdokika
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M5 CP

Hi guys, ordered my car yesterday will collect it next week

M5C , Alpine white, black interior, Premium, Comfort package , Active Cruise Control (most important for me) , Apple Carplay, Dark aluminium carbon trim .

06-09-2019, 03:35 PM   #25
Gareth589
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW F90 M5 Competition

UK New M5 Competition F90

Hey Guys.

Just joined the site after being on M3 Cutters for years and took a break away from the brand and played with a few cars after.

1. BMW E93 M3 Supercharged
2. Merc E63 AMG
3. Porsche 997 Gen2 Turbo
4. Range Rover Sport 2019 SVR

I have just rejected the Range Rover as the build quality was beyond poor and within a week of ownership it had broken down 3 times with JLR service coming out.

So finally after searching have purchased a F90 M5 Comp.

ItÂ’s due in to the dealer tomorrow and I guess IÂ’m ultra excited to be switching back to the M after 5 years away and from what I can see itÂ’s totally different now.

The spec on the M5 is breathtaking with every option including a tow bar, yes I know a tow bar but I have kids and we cycle loads but would be fun seeing peopleÂ’s shock.

IÂ’m hoping that the good old UK members would be able to help out with some questions I have with regards to mods and feedback would be great.

1. I have added the full BMW carbon exterior pack but have noticed the exhausts have a bland black tip, however I have seen tips with the carbon sleeve on which changes the rear end, but again seen posts where quality and heat has affected them.

Is there any genuine tips that could be fitted or would it need to be a new system?

2. While IÂ’m now going bold and developing a pot belly my boy racer days are long gone, IÂ’m more the oldest boy racer in town.😆😆

Reading the posts on systems and part systems thereÂ’s lots of conflicting reports, if I was to fit a new system IÂ’d most likely go down the Akrapovic route and wondered what would be required to fit the vehicle correctly and would I need to remove cats and also questions on the warranty.

I have also seen on the Akrapovic website that if the vehicle is fitted with the OTTO Particulate Filter then I would not be able to fit the system.

Do any members understand this and possibly advice on how I could find out.

3. I have been looking at modding the vehicle with the DMS Automotive in Bristol and again would love to hear thoughts on doing this with regards to reliability and if itÂ’s worth the hassle.

4. Finally the induction side I have seen to kits for the vehicle,

: GruppeM forced induction system.
: Eventuri Air intake system.

Again sorry to be asking for so much but IÂ’m totally new to this vehicle and donÂ’t want to ruin the vehicle with mods that spoil the car, I want the car to look clean, but modded in a classy manner.

Thanks in advance.

Regards

Gareth.
Appreciate 0
      06-09-2019, 04:16 PM   #26
jhbodle
Captain
Rep
Drives: F90 M5

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gareth589 View Post
Hey Guys.

Just joined the site after being on M3 Cutters for years and took a break away from the brand and played with a few cars after.

2. Merc E63 AMG

I have just rejected the Range Rover as the build quality was beyond poor and within a week of ownership it had broken down 3 times with JLR service coming out.

ItÂ’s due in to the dealer tomorrow and I guess IÂ’m ultra excited to be switching back to the M after 5 years away and from what I can see itÂ’s totally different now.

The spec on the M5 is breathtaking with every option including a tow bar, yes I know a tow bar but I have kids and we cycle loads but would be fun seeing peopleÂ’s shock.

IÂ’m hoping that the good old UK members would be able to help out with some questions I have with regards to mods and feedback would be great.

1. I have added the full BMW carbon exterior pack but have noticed the exhausts have a bland black tip, however I have seen tips with the carbon sleeve on which changes the rear end, but again seen posts where quality and heat has affected them.

Is there any genuine tips that could be fitted or would it need to be a new system?

2. While IÂ’m now going bold and developing a pot belly my boy racer days are long gone, IÂ’m more the oldest boy racer in town.😆😆

Reading the posts on systems and part systems thereÂ’s lots of conflicting reports, if I was to fit a new system IÂ’d most likely go down the Akrapovic route and wondered what would be required to fit the vehicle correctly and would I need to remove cats and also questions on the warranty.

I have also seen on the Akrapovic website that if the vehicle is fitted with the OTTO Particulate Filter then I would not be able to fit the system.

3. I have been looking at modding the vehicle with the DMS Automotive in Bristol and again would love to hear thoughts on doing this with regards to reliability and if itÂ’s worth the hassle.

Again sorry to be asking for so much but IÂ’m totally new to this vehicle and donÂ’t want to ruin the vehicle with mods that spoil the car, I want the car to look clean, but modded in a classy manner.

Thanks in advance.

Regards

Gareth.
Hi!

Can't answer all your questions, but:

1 - The exhaust tips are a bit bland. The carbon tips come on the M Performance Exhaust, which I don't think is an option in Europe. I wish it was, it sounds great! I have found these fake tips but apparently they are 3mm too narrow to fit on our exhaust pipes: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/4-Pcs-Glo...torefresh=true

2 - If you car is a European car then it has the particulate filter. Sorry!
      06-09-2019, 04:18 PM   #27
Simon H
Major
Rep
Drives: M5 Competition

Quote:
Hey Guys.

2. Merc E63 AMG

Thanks in advance.

Regards

Gareth.
Gareth,
Because your car will have the OPFs, the only way forward for you, if you want to fit the full Akra, is to have it mapped afterwards by DMS, or similar, otherwise you will get a CEL, or worse, limpmode The only alternative is, just a rear silencer from the likes of Schnitzer, or Remus etc, and this will keep your warranty intact. As soon as you remap after fitting a full exhaust, your warranty is gone, no question. Its a pretty thorny issue, regarding the OPFs, and i have heard that Akra are coming out with a black box solution, but also heard it doesnt work too good. Good luck.
Appreciate 0
      06-10-2019, 04:01 PM   #28
Gareth589
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW F90 M5 Competition

Evening guys and many thanks for the help already.
She arrived at the dealer today rather wet and very dirty, I’m over the moon so far and now have to wait to for the bits to be done and then have the car detailed.

It’s a shame with the warranty aspect as I’d love to fit the exhaust system as I feel that BMW never have fitted good systems to their vehicles.

Another question is the remapping side, if you map the car and it developed a fault, would this mapping be picked up by the main dealer and also is there the option to switch it back to standard if it’s going into BMW.

Thanks all.
Appreciate 0
      06-12-2019, 01:03 PM   #29
M4RC
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:

Another question is the remapping side, if you map the car and it developed a fault, would this mapping be picked up by the main dealer and also is there the option to switch it back to standard if it’s going into BMW.

Thanks all.
You can switch back to standard, but if the dealer really wants to check they will be able to tell it’s been remapped.

I guess it’s the old adage, you pay your money you take your chances.

I think AC Schnitzer are the only ones who warranty their performance upgrades?
Appreciate 0
      06-12-2019, 07:49 PM   #30
3sgte
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: E90 335D

Do it.

Full Akrapovic system here! Along with Keller upper and lower downpipes, Eventuri intakes and a DMS remap.

Pops and bangs like no other! Sounds nuts on the throttle!

I'll probably end up fitting a race cat though, or somehow fitting the standard mid pipes back on as currently finding a bit unsociable, especially on cold start.
Appreciate 0
      06-23-2019, 01:42 PM   #31
kljw
Enlisted Member
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW F90 M5

M5 Comp

Hi All
Got my M5 Comp in Singapore Grey about 6 weeks.
Amazing car, and still cannot believe I now own an M5.....
I'm in Scotland
Appreciate 0
      07-15-2019, 01:05 PM   #32
callcouchpotato
Registered
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW F90 M5 Competition

Took delivery of the M5 Competition in MBB in April
Had Carbon Fitted and still impressed with the car. So glad I did not get the Nissan GTR. Can’t believe I was thinking of it.
Previous Cars include the F80 M3, F10 M5 and M3......
Appreciate 0
      07-21-2019, 04:29 PM   #33
Mark6147
Private
England
Rep

Crazy deals now available on non-comp M5’s, £25k plus discount?!
Appreciate 0
      07-22-2019, 04:23 PM   #34
M4RC
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark6147 View Post
Crazy deals now available on non-comp M5’s, £25k plus discount?!
Once the Comp came out, it was always going to be a tough sell for all those non comps that were being manufactured. If you look on Pistonheads there’s some well spec’d comps going for £80k with delivery miles, so almost similar discount.
Appreciate 0
      08-13-2019, 08:31 AM   #35
jimmyca69
First Lieutenant
Wales
Rep
Drives: 2018 LBB F85 X5M

Garage List
2016 BMW M3  [10.00]
Hi all

I have a new 69 plate M5 coming on the 1st September, spec is:

M5 non-CP in Marina Bay Blue
Silverstone Full Merino Leather
Aluminium Carbon structure highlight trim, with Pearl Chrome
M-Sport Exhaust System
M-Seat Belts
Driving Assistant Plus
Comfort Pack
Apple Play

Very much looking forward to it, current car went yesterday so 19 days to go....
      08-13-2019, 10:57 AM   #36
Simon H
Major
Rep
Drives: M5 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmyca69 View Post
Hi all

M-Sport Exhaust System
M-Seat Belts
Driving Assistant Plus
Comfort Pack
Apple Play

Very much looking forward to it, current car went yesterday so 19 days to go....
I know you !!
Appreciate 1
jimmyca69167.00
      08-13-2019, 11:34 AM   #37
Darkeeboy
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: X5M50i

Looking forward to the end of sept when I pick up my m5. Sold a mustang gt a few weeks ago as I broke my achillies so had to swap for an auto..
Appreciate 0
      08-13-2019, 05:24 PM   #38
aks
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F10 M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmyca69 View Post
Hi all

M-Sport Exhaust System
M-Seat Belts
Driving Assistant Plus
Comfort Pack
Apple Play

I'm in the market now, and can see nice discounts, what did you get off? How long have you waited?

I am tempted to go non-CP, coming from an F10 which I ordered almost from the final production (delivered mid-Nov'16).
Appreciate 0
      08-14-2019, 04:11 PM   #39
Mark6147
Private
England
Rep

No real need to wait given the amount of cars available (non-comp). And you should be getting £25k discount at least.
Appreciate 0
      08-15-2019, 02:48 AM   #40
JOHNBMWM5
Live for today tomorrow never comes
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2022 LCI Marina Bay Blue/ Smok

Hi I have had the 2018 M5 Here:

Then went for the 2019 M5 Comp Here:

Prefer the M5 Comp it does feel tighter and the suspension (i do drive on some shit roads) is more than tolerable , my daughter hates thumps/bangs on bad roads, and has had no complaints.
The new car has these Particulate filters in the exhaust, they have impacted a mile or two on economy.
However this may be down to low miles covered, car bought in March and only done 2870 Miles so far. Brilliant cars both of them, I do miss the CCB I had on the first M5, dust from from the front rotors a real pain.
      08-15-2019, 09:29 AM   #41
Mark6147
Private
England
Rep

Lovely car John. I guess it also just comes down to whether post discount the difference between the 2 is worth £10k-£15k?
Appreciate 0
      08-15-2019, 11:29 AM   #42
JOHNBMWM5
Live for today tomorrow never comes
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2022 LCI Marina Bay Blue/ Smok

Quote:
Lovely car John. I guess it also just comes down to whether post discount the difference between the 2 is worth £10k-£15k?
I think it was £10K change as I pushed for £78K for the new car which retailed @ £103 + on the road, I got it for the £78K all in, yea £10K is a lot I suppose but you only live once.
      08-15-2019, 04:18 PM   #43
Mark6147
Private
England
Rep

Good stuff, great deal on a Comp model.
Appreciate 0
      08-17-2019, 05:21 PM   #44
aks
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F10 M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOHNBMWM5 View Post
Quote:
I think it was £10K change as I pushed for £78K for the new car which retailed @ £103 + on the road, I got it for the £78K all in, yea £10K is a lot I suppose but you only live once.
And how much depreciation on the 2018 M5? There actually isn't much stock for new non-CP M5, but I'm not seeing the CP as right for me. Oh excuse me, you said +10k, good deal after a year.
Appreciate 0